Smooth criminals steal $1.5 million worth of iPad minis
0. phoneArena 15 Nov 2012, 08:37 posted on
And just like that, two guys with a truck have easily managed to steal 3,600 iPad minis that had just arrived at JFK Airport. Somewhere right now, 3,600 Apple customers who couldn't sleep last night, knowing that their new gadgets are almost in their hands, will have to be quite disappointed because they will probably have to wait a bit more to get their iPad minis...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Sounds like more than a few orders will be updated with a 'shipping delay' status....
15. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3753; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
And they will add the number of stolen goods to the market count.
21. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
of course all this could have been an elaborate plan by Apple to create demand :) PR these days....vultures mate!
But yeah seriousy I feel for the people who'll have to wait longer...its really annoying having to wait for a pre-ordered device which is delayed
28. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'm just surprised 3,600 minis got sold. Sure are some gullble people out there... who never heard of the ipad2 (for a low-cost ipad purchaser)
2. Kuherrn (Posts: 16; Member since: 09 Nov 2012)
Well, that is proof the only thing impressive about the Ipad Mini is it's price...
3. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I may not like Apple but i hate theivery even more :/
16. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
It seems like they only Steal Apple products ....mayB they also Hate Apple....
4. ibap (Posts: 758; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Do they have the serial numbers? Can they nail them when they log on to the app store?
5. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Lmfao really good news! Take that you bad fruit. You deserve it!
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
i was given 2 thumbs down for ????
19. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3753; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Sweat not Troll, you'll get more. I think Ray S gave you one too! :D
31. megabok (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
Ray gave you thumbs down. I think he has multiple accounts. Haha
7. JunitoNH (Posts: 1778; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Hey give a call I'll buy one. Just one thing don't be selling me any mirrors lol
8. willywill_evo (Posts: 162; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
Sell each ipad mini at $200 on the streets..200x3,600=$720,000 that's $720,000 that Apple will give to two people and Apple will need to replace the customers with another one that's $150x3,600=$540,000 out of Apple pocket again
9. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I suspect an inside job. Apple trying to circumvent a recall by stealing back defective devices. Jk
But really: "you're just ordering it wrong"
13. McLTE (Posts: 821; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Too bad they didn't take all of them.. like every single one.
17. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
These stealings more often sound staged for media attention than not let it be an Android device or iOS, whatever.
18. Osman (Posts: 44; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Y it always happen with Apple? seems like its one of their Business strategies! same happened with iphone 5! never heard someone stealing sgs3 loaded truck.
22. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Hmm, two pallets of iPad Mini were stolen from a loading dock in JFK airport? I would really like to hear how these events unfolded, this sounds incredibly ridiculous. You would have to be in the work wear the guys at whichever bulk transport company were wearing, and to pull up to a loading dock with a truck and the security not notice? Inside job, someone had to have known exactly what to do and set up the pallets to be left unattended, it's a load of crap for no actual employees were present when the other worker came back from lunch to see two guys and a truck loading up.
Another thing is all those iPad minis would have been cataloged by serial and isdn before shipping and listed by pallet number, so they should be able to find each and every one of them the moment you try to purchase anything from iTunes or the App store as well as syncing with iTunes. Don't buy iPads from anyone on the street, it could be stolen property and by law you can be arrested for being in possession of it. Hunt em' Apple, thieves need to be caught and anyone taking advantage of stolen property should also feel the pain. If you didn't create a paper trail buying a product, then that is your fault if it is stolen and you are in possession of it. Your money lost because you couldn't help yourself by buying it off someone on the street or the like. Doubtful that any reputable stores would sell stolen products.
24. madridista (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
They should stack them up, burn them, upload the video on youtube and earn my respect.
25. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
wow. you earned my respect by writing your comment. I bow in front of you madridista.
26. Valdomero (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
"It's not about the money, it's about sending a message..."
27. jimjam (Posts: 257; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
I'm not sure that the lady in the picture would like her photo associated with the caption "Smooth criminals steal $1.5 million worth of iPad minis"!!!
29. lyndon420 (Posts: 4371; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Hopefully they wound up smashed and in the dumpster somewhere.