Smartphone penetration booms in 2011, iPhone the most popular device
1. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
we love ANDROID
4. c.hack (Posts: 603; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
How much is Google paying you? The iPhone is my far the most popular phone. Android phones are mostly cheap junk full of crapware and viruses.
6. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
c.hack... dude... really? You are turning into the most pathetic person on this website.
You should check out this site instead:
7. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
lol this is a research done by a 3rd party not PA...if you want to prove these stats wrong then go do you own research...by the way how much is apple paying you? thought i had seen the worst of the fangirls on this site guess i was wrong.
9. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
iPhone is the most popular phone, Android is the most popular OS. Read the charts better next time so you don't go making such ignorant comments.
13. bigboy029 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Jan 2011)
I dont know why its a suprise or great accomplishment to anyone that android is leading in amount of phones sold. Just look at the chart there is at least 5 different companies all producing over 3 major android handsets a year... If android wasnt winning in terms of overall phones sold that would be insane.
5. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
That's funny This year, it’s the iPhone 4 with a ( large ) touchscreen and plenty of apps. You call that large you must be blind jajajajajaja. I call that tinny screen
10. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
of course iphone is the most popular
apple isnt like Nokia,Samsung,HTC which name devices in a whole different way
example: Nokia N8,N9,N800,800,710,701,700 Samsung Galaxy:Tab,S,S2,Y....
iphone is also known to be overpriced and overrated
12. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
ok I knew as soon as I saw the title that the fandroids will dispute without even reading the whole article... they think that because Android has biggest market share is the most popular... but is not.. PA awards for example.. Shamsung had the best phone but also had the 3 worst phones... that tells you that saturating the market is more important than getting quality products.... and they stil wondered why the iphone is the sucess for since launch day... 3 going on 4 years and they still dont get it...
14. roldefol (Posts: 4107; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Um, having the biggest market share by definition makes Android the most popular. If you're going to argue single phone model sales, fine, the iPhone 4 will be #1, followed by the 4S and 3GS. So the iPhone line will have a plurality over any Android line, but that's not how we define overall popularity. Compare all iPhones to all Androids.
This is an argument you and Taco have repeatedly tried to make, but it's gotten old.
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow ignorance at its fullest... I could give at least 3 examples on how not always the procuct with the biggest market share is the most popular... but where is the fun if I give you the answer right?... so please use your google search engine.... and find out... but please dont come to me with nonsense..
16. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I was wondering why Phonearena felt so empty of fail. Then I realized that I hadn't seen you in a while, Gallito.
15. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
gallito I'm sorry but when jobs left he took the Apple with him
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
fact.- you still havent seen me.. as i am incognito... lol jk. Sniggly... on the bright side.. I did miss you too... I have decided to make peace with you...
19. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Hmm. Worth considering. Keep your nose clean and we'll be good.
20. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
sorry I cant I have a beak... I dont have a nose..