Smartphone manufacturers not interested in Facebook Home
0. phoneArena 24 Jun 2013, 07:12 posted on
With units of the HTC First collecting dust inside AT&T warehouses, it is no surprise that a number of other smartphone manufacturers have no interest in developing an Android model with the Facebook launcher pre-installed; the HTC First, the
first handset to come with Facebook Home installed out of the box was released with a price tag of $99.99 with a signed two-year pact...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
The iPhone is already a facebook phone...
go back to your ios turf Mr zuckerberg, no android love for you :)
8. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
I don't know why...
but they should improve their facebook apps instead of releasing facebook phone
2. Xolar (Posts: 57; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
I don't hate Facebook Home but it doesn't have any features that could make me or us "WOW!"
The first time I saw Facebook Home, I really wanted it, after I read the article (sigh)...
3. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
"Smartphone manufacturers not interested in Facebook Home"
So are the smartphone users.
4. FlushGordon (unregistered)
And the colossal flop award goes to.........
5. lyndon420 (Posts: 3671; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Duh....facebook is for kids. How many kids have a phone? Yeah that's right.
19. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
A lot of rich kids do, you'd be impressed.
21. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
... but then again, rich kids get iPhones instead of Android handsets because their parents don't know any better (and don't care about saving money either)
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Just give up Mr. Zuckerberg! Nobody wants Facebook phone!
10. Genersis (Posts: 217; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Such a shame. The Hardware for the HTC First is quite good for a midranger. And considering once the Facebook home is turned off that it runs vanilla Android, it really should be doing a lot better.
20. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
... but people don't care, which is pretty sad :(
11. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 230; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
...the AT&T salesman at the big AT&T mall store told me that they literally had not sold 1 unit of this f(akebook) Branded POS...Why would anyone actually PAY to advertise for that low-life?
12. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Well that's reassuring. Who the hell wants FB phone anyway? No one wants FB too see what you're
14. Stuntman (Posts: 834; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
It's not smartphone manufacturers are not interested in Facebook Home. It is consumers are not interested in Facebook Home. Just look at the rating on Google Play. It is a 2.5 star average and the majority of people gave it only 1 star.
15. Notsosuperdave (Posts: 29; Member since: 15 May 2013)
OK honestly - really good idea that would have sold well to 35 and under crowd - if ...
A: Not an AT&T exclusive (Big Red for me) B: not an HTC (H.ard T.o C.onnect) C: Didn't have so many glitches (Apparently since i would know since it wasn't...) D: Available Download for more Phone Models
17. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I would highly dispute the "35 and under crowd". Probably closer to 20 and under that use FB constantly.
16. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
What Zuckerberg, FB and its shareholders don't grasp is that the popularity of Facebook is in spite of its creepiness, not because of it. My friends and family and I use Facebook because it's the most convenient way to stay in touch with the friends and family that we don't normally call or text. We don't like it, we just use it.
22. waterninja21 (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Here is what AT&T can do with the left over HTC First phones, take them to a remote part of a desert and give them the Atari ET game treatment. LOL
23. MartianMe (unregistered)
haha.... c google.. u didn't have anything to worry about it.
24. joey18 (Posts: 589; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
samsung are facebook home evry hour new galaxy a to z