Skype vulnerability puts your iPhone at risk
0. phoneArena 20 Sep 2011, 07:19 posted on
A recently discovered security flaw in Skype for iPhone allows for an attacker to execute code on the victim's device. As a result, the target's address book can be obtained by the attacker...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. android_hitman (unregistered)
do you like XSS?
2. Mooooo (Posts: 212; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
But wait i thought it was infallible beautiful unique and special
3. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Not again -_- skype better fix this fast
7. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Even tho ms owns skype, skype still operates aside from them, so I guess they can be called skype
5. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
i know technically this isnt apples fault but i thought that nothing can happen to the iphone...doesnt apple check apps thoroughly before they allow it be on the app store...hope no one is affected by this though
6. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
"Sure, the iOS platform would not allow for the file system itself to be accessed without the needed permissions, but the target's address book can be accessed freely and is therefore completely exposed."
Address book? I'm scared. Don't call my friends!!