Skype two-way video calling officially updated to work on more Android phones
A new version has appeared in Android Market that allows two-way video chat on more than the initial four Android phones. Basically almost every popular phone from the major Android manufacturers is now supported, but the Sony Ericsson Xperia arc, for some reason.
Oh, well, you can always download the hacked version and try to cram it in anyway, like everyone did when the two-way video calling feature was announced for only four handsets a little while ago. Hit the "What's New" section of the Skype app listing in Android Market to check if your handset is supported.
source: AndroidMarket via Engadget
1. Axl (unregistered) posted on 04 Aug 2011, 19:08 0 0
LOL Probable becuse there's actually NO front facing camera on the SE Arc? Geeez ;)
2. Andman314 posted on 04 Aug 2011, 20:17 0 0
The HTC TB also has no front facing camera opp. What was the point of the update then...... Come on Skype!!!
3. Droidingit (unregistered) posted on 04 Aug 2011, 23:14 0 0
The HTC Tbolt has a 1.3M front facing
5. Rob (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2011, 10:54 0 0
Yes, but the Skype option says "Back camera only".
4. DK (unregistered) posted on 05 Aug 2011, 05:15 0 0
Still no support for LG optimus 2X!!!