Skype catches rare bug that sends messages to incorrect addresses from your contacts list
0. phoneArena 16 Jul 2012, 12:09 posted on
Since an update rolled out last month, some Skype users are complaining that IMs sent over Skype are going to random addresses from the users contacts list; Skype says it is aware of the issue and will soon send out an update that will exterminate the bug...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aaronkatrini (Posts: 237; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
On what platform is this problem??? Android? iOS? Windows? Windows Phone? Mac? Linux????
2. Alan01 (Posts: 172; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
It is not contained to any particular platform.
4. aaronkatrini (Posts: 237; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
If it contains a Software Update, clearly must be targeted for a certain platform, Am I wrong?
3. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
I think skype belongs now to microsoft
So all is normal...
I stopped using skype since m$
5. jove39 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Not a problem...use skype only for voice/video chat :)
6. alannyny (Posts: 15; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
In related news, why doesn't Skype make SMS free, or at least a free part of their unlimited US calling (landline, mobile) with dedicated phone number?
SMS is so cheap on the wholesale/corporate side. But SMS is only available to consumers on a per-text basis through Skype.
7. Birds (Posts: 958; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
No no no no no, Skype can't detect the webcam on my phone, my laptop or even the one I bought......That's why I use boocam...