Skype app is no longer available to the Nokia Lumia 610 since the experience wasn't 'up to par'
0. phoneArena 22 May 2012, 15:14 posted on
Although it was mentioned to be “workable” on the handset, it simply wasn’t “up to par with Nokia’s and Skype’s expectation.” Instead, they’ve decided to pull it from the Windows Phone Marketplace for the Lumia 610 – thus, axing any future downloads for those owners...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
yeah but look at the pice tag and unlike android WP doesn't need freakin 50 gb of ram to run
2. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
yeah its nice that windows phone can run on 256 but 512 is the right point for low end and mid range phones. i think it was a mistake to make the phone with 256.idk i still love windows though
12. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
read this and then tell do you love wp7 or not..
15. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
now make this for ios and crapdroid as well, and try again. :)
16. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
yeah come on as far as i can tell WP7 is smoother than android and it runs on single core and ios is more limited than wp7
3. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
that's quite sad to hear... but hey, they'll still have tango i guess.
4. steelicon (Posts: 317; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
Skype for Symbian 188.8.131.52 for S60V3FP1 works on my Symbian 60v3FP1 on 128Mb.
5. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
SMH... this is fragmentation, not what is happening to android, atleast all our apps work on the latest version :/
6. Credo (Posts: 747; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Thats badd, but anyway, still waiting for the Cyan Nokia Lumia 900, lovely device, it's something new compared to the silly Iphone -______- , and Samsung always with the same designs -___-!
7. pongkie (Posts: 533; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
they should have at least limited the app for voice only. some people bought already thinking there is skype in there
8. chrischau1308 (Posts: 53; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
guess voice only is not Nokia's and Skype's expectations. (ironic)
I don't like them anymore.
9. robocopvn (Posts: 404; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
Lumia 610, 4GB memory (some taken for OS and stuff), no MicroSD-slot, 256MB ram. OMG :|
10. phil2n (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
robocopvn... OMG!!!!! thats why its cheap!! "DONKEY"..
14. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
cheap nokia lumia 610 +256 mb +8 gb+ memory+800 mghz proccesor = no skype +
really smooth experience
cheap android + 1 gb of ram +800 Mgz proccesor + expandable memory = extreme laginess+really slow + skype
what do you prefer
17. chrischau1308 (Posts: 53; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
I'm not sure ......
I'll wait to see what Window Phone 8 can do.
Is there something going to be called "WP 8 - Tango"? Or maybe Salsa, ChaCha ? LOL (oops there already HTC handsets with those name, sorry Nokia T_T)
I'm really curious ......