Skynet is coming: Google uses "virtual brain" to improve voice recognition
0. phoneArena 11 Oct 2012, 20:42 posted on
Google is ready to make put its artificial intelligence platform, its "virtual brain" technology, to better use soon. The software has already taught itself to recognize human faces and cat faces, and is now gearing up to take on the difficult task of speech recognition...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. downphoenix (Posts: 2805; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
True innovation. It may save or (more likely) destroy mankind. Either way, Im excited.
7. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
You are excited in destruction of mankind?? lol
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
id rather die by the hand of a machine than by a zombie apocalypse.... at least machines can build things after they are done with us.... zombies... not much
24. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Cause of death: Killed by a Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 (T101) or Arnold
27. NotaFanBoy (Posts: 10; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I'd rather go out with guns blazing against the zombies since we wouldn't be here to see the machines build things. Head shots anyone?
28. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
we can also fight machines with EMP.... plus if you get injured by a machine you wont turn into one :/ plus you ain't some movie hero... unlike machines where you get killed and there is one less human when you get bitten we have one more zombie
33. ageffner (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Jan 2009)
".. plus if you get injured by a machine you wont turn into one :"
1 word for you.... "CyberMen" (Doctor Who).
11. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I agree downphoenix, we damaged more. humans are viruses to earth.
14. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
What, we just progressed from Monkeys eating apple to Humans using Apple. Its evolution. Not damage. There may be some undesirable side effects during our advancements. But the improvement is worth the hassle.
20. hariprasath.j (unregistered)
I am excited. This is the only page in Phone arena without any comments bashing Apple.. atleast until now. :)
12. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
My mom said not to look at the picture of the eyeless dude cause she thinks it's "scary"
What a baby she is (whispering voice)
17. whysoserious (Posts: 318; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
And the best part is that you will never see the word "patent" in this news unlike some rotten iCompany that I know of. Good guy Google.
2. Aeires (unregistered)
Depends on what Asimov's they put in place.
3. MeoCao (unregistered)
It's amazing, amazing Google
4. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
21. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
gajelas lu !
your comment is not relevant with the article
5. VJo003 (Posts: 351; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Now if only the real John Connor would plz stand up !!!
23. Kostas_13 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
Dont worry! We will spot him when the Googlenator comes from the future to kill him! LoL
6. BattleBrat (Posts: 1285; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Pitchforks and torches from me Mike.
Although ICS speech recognization is nothing short of awesome. My Droid X has even been improving.
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
now all I have to do is swap my brain into a machine and live among them :)
also Michael this thing is obviously ready... cat videos are a serious business
18. DaNTRoN (Posts: 135; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
I've believed this for a while now, sign me up
13. Ragnarockd (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
I just told my sgs3 "hasta la vista baby" through the s-voice and it replied " i hope so".
Now im thinking if it may start giving me a different reply when the brain comes out.
16. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
SGS3 and S Voice are powered by Vlingo speech recognition, not Google, so you're not going to get the benefits unless you replace S Voice with Google Voice Actions.
19. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Of course, when I tried to say "hasta la vista baby" to Google Now, it came up as "I love still love you baby"
Maybe it would work better with more context, like saying "terminator 2 hasta la vista" or "Arnold Schwarzenegger hasta la vista"...
22. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I'd rather be assimilated by Google, than enslaved by Apple. :D
29. roscuthiii (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Perhaps my Ultimate Dream is still a possibility: The Robo-Zombie Apocalypse!!!
30. MATOZ (Posts: 73; Member since: 10 Aug 2011)
Wow... Terminator's Skynet doomsday is really coming soon!! indeed!
Waiting for little John Connor to try to save our world!
32. zombieguy85 (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
Some men just wanna watch the world BURN!