Siri will blabber on Apple iPhone 4 with a little help from jailbroken Apple iPhone 4S
The result is a 20 step, 10 minute process that uses proprietary files from the latest version of Apple's touchscreen smartphone. As a result of the proprietary nature of the iPhone 4S files used in the hack, Troughton-Smith tweeted that he will not distribute the fruits of his labor over Cydia for fear that he might "anger the hive". All is not lost, however, as the developer promised that once a jailbreak solution is available for the Apple iPhone 4S, he will post notes about his work.
source: 9to5mac via Engadget
1. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
so how do you tell the difference between the two phones? they could might as well be two 4S-s in the video. :D
3. Thomas5.3 (Posts: 37; Member since: 30 Oct 2011)
1) the proximity sensor on the iPhone 4 is made out of little dots and the iPhone 4S is one solid strip. In the vid it is little dots so it must be the 4.
2) at 0:46 he turns the phone to the camera to show it is the 4, not 4S. The 4S has a solid line (of the antenna) above the volume rocker where as the iPhone 4 does not. There is not line so it must be an iPhone 4.
4. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
ohh, thanks! the devil in the details... :DDD
17. dustinswhite (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
thats wrong buddy the iPhone 4 is the one with the solid line about the volume rocker. so this shows a 46 seconds that its the 4s
2. Thomas5.3 (Posts: 37; Member since: 30 Oct 2011)
Think it would come to the 4 anyways once it is out of beta. Still very nice work
5. codymws (Posts: 237; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)
Two iPhones walk into a bar... one gets lost.
6. MOTOROLA_is_Cool (Posts: 9; Member since: 30 Oct 2011)
I think that ios 5.1 will bring siri for Iphone 4,3GS and For Ipod touch 4G,3G
10. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
who in the H3LL dropped you on your head as a kid? and where did you get the idea of memory and apps? the 64gb sd's that would make it have more mem dont currently work on any android phones and the apps have yet to reach the app stores level
11. toaster (Posts: 114; Member since: 13 Sep 2011)
Umm... what? Samsung =/= Apple. What, you think they're in a patent war with themselves?
I give this about an hour before you're banned.
9. MOTOROLA_is_Cool (Posts: 9; Member since: 30 Oct 2011)
I also forgot to mention that the ipad 2,1 might have siri on ios 5.1
13. biophone (Posts: 1896; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I really want siri on my iphone 4. I played with it and its amazing. However not worth a off contract price for 4s. O well i guess i will wait for the 5 or the next big android. However will jailbreak for siri : )
14. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I stopped jail breaking with the 4 because it did everything I wanted. I don't pirate apps like android users. For Siri I would jailbreak though.
15. mctcm (Posts: 204; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
good call, piracy, clearly, is exclusively an android activity.
16. biophone (Posts: 1896; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I have been on and off with jailbreaking. There is alot of little things about it that makes my phone alot more fun. I dont jailbreak for the free stuff however what i liked on cydia was theming my phone for the little change such as sliders and toggles and their was some other really cool stuff.