Siri vs S Voice: virtual assistant battle visualized (infographic)
0. phoneArena 25 Jun 2012, 05:42 posted on
Siri – you've heard about "her", haven't you? She is the humble, virtual assistant that lives inside the iPhone 4S (the iPad is next in line). Yet Samsung came up with a solution of its own called S Voice, which is found on the Galaxy S III flagship. Theoretically, it should be able to do anything that Siri can, but is the overall experience on par?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Just wait for Google's Majel, they're working on it right now, It's gonna be the ultimate showdown between those two Siri vs. Majel, can't wait to see what Majel has in store for us. Who knows...it might even be better than Siri.
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
lets also wait for 5G speeds is so going to kill any 4G LTE phone out there.. why talk baout the future when in the present there is so much to talk about
27. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I'm just giving a presumption, nothing wrong about that, well yeah, I wonder what they would do to make your phone 5G lol, That will happen...S-O-O-N...
2. tahnik (Posts: 133; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
S-Voice is a copy of Siri...And it crashes often....Saying this after watching the comparison of Gsmarena....
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
its not copy... it just K.I.R.F.
5. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Compare S-Voice to Vlingo, which was on Android long before Siri.
Boom, there you go.
I actually think they did a pretty okay job with S-Voice, for the first time. Not THAT bad, but Siri is still better. Voice usage still isn't that practical in real life.
7. hung2900 (Posts: 829; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Read this article carefully.
Actually S-voice's origin is Vlingo.
13. ph00ny (Posts: 621; Member since: 26 May 2011)
You beat me to this. S-Voice is a dressed up vlingo which was included in the s2.
22. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
S-Voice IS Vlingo. Its just the next iteration of the Vlingo app with custom branding. :)
25. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Just like Siri IS Siri.... Apple bought the company and changed it darastically.
What's wrong when Samsung does the same?
... other than the fact that they did the same.. but didn't give the original any credit....
6. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
Apple copied S-voice ability to open applications as well as updating facebook & twitter,, There you go..
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
There are more comparisons and they say different things.
18. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Pretty much. Samsung is sticking to their gameplan which is to copy Apple.
21. Klamba92 (Posts: 206; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
People you need to remember that Google voice actions was first on mobile OS's then other apps like Vlingo, Speaktoit Assistant etc. Siri was first on the app store on iOS then Apple brought the company and took it off the app store making it only for the 4s and now with ios6 the new ipad. So before people start saying the S-voice copied Siri the Galaxy S2 had voice actions powered by Vlingo before the the iphone had it?
4. Tjey007 (Posts: 86; Member since: 22 May 2012)
lets say htc or sony brings out a voice navig apps....then is it gonna be the copy of s voice or siri?? hey iphone 5 will have a 4 inchi display...copy of galaxy s...ahahahha
9. jabberwocky (Posts: 89; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
I love how the last pie chart adds up to 59%, but looks like 75/25. Although, the pie chart is certainly the right choice for anyone looking to misrepresent data!
19. patriot95 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
The chart should show roughly 44% Siri (26/59) to 66% S Voice (33/59) if they are trying to visualize the results.
24. beefsupreme (Posts: 32; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
59% is too confusing so you are suggesting that it should be out of 110% instead? Sounds like a great idea to me.
11. napsterO6 (Posts: 18; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Siri is better than S voice
It's faster, the new update for Siri coming out with ios 6 is amazing.
Siri will be able to update us with sports news n movies.
26. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Siri is by far the best. Don't even deny that. It is a joke watching people try to demo SVoice infront of Siri.
14. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Its all just a gimmick. Until where able to truly have conversations with are phones like Mas effect 3's Edi, that's when Voice recognition will be useful and by then it wont even be called that.
15. JunitoNH (Posts: 1095; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Apple S= Siri Voice
Samsung S= Sh!t Voice, Samsung couldnt use profanity, so decided to just call it simply, S-voice.
20. Klamba92 (Posts: 206; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
S-Voice is ok it is a bit slower than Siri but it can do a lot more such as open apps, update social network statuses, in europe it can look for businesses driving mode, record voice operate the camera change tracks of music and everything siri can do too. however I find Speaktoit assistant to much better then the two. Its amazing how a free app on the google play store is better then both S-Voice and Siri! The only advantage (but i suppose a major one is that both Siri and S-Voice understand and learn your voice) whereas Speaktoit Assistant does not! I have had the S3 for about a week now and my previous phone was the galaxy s i9000 still does better with speaktoit over S-voice but maybe the updates will change that!
In my opinion Speaktoit Assistant 9/10 (Europe)
S-Voice 7/10 (Europe)
23. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
aww look. after troll comment after troll comment about google/samsung copying "siri" (it cant copy what it had out first), its proven.. yet again.. that google/samsung's app is much much much more functional.
you keep your canned joked and programmed pro-apple responses. We'll keep the app that actually works and does more.