Siri sees intermittent outages - too much turkey over the holiday weekend?
0. phoneArena 28 Nov 2011, 12:02 posted on
Siri is once again seeing intermittent outages around the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Either that or Apple's new digital assistant just wanted a long holiday weekend to continue...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
anyone have "another siri outtage" as this weeks i4s problem? :)
2. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
In order to make Siri as realistic as possible they designed the software so that once a month it takes a "break" for a couple days.
This mimics the experience of having a female assistant in real life.
Trust me, my secretary is a girl.
7. c.hack (Posts: 603; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Too bad Apple doesn't mention that in all of its advertising. "This product is still in Beta and may not actually work, nor is it reliable"
If you want to use "Beta" as an excuse, then let people know.
16. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Agreed it strangely works so perfect and fast in the 4s tv adverts but is much slower or doesn't even work in reality........hmmm its almost like apple made a big drama about it to resell a certain one year old product
21. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Hmmm.... Siri doesn't work, wow then why would anyone buy the "upgraded" iPhone, IDK, I'll stick with Google.
12. LordBonztie (Posts: 52; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
if its a beta dont sell it to people. thats ripping of money from people
14. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
It's apple's first beta (product). And tomorrow you gonna say that android had never a beta and windows have never got a beta. LoL this is a beta and will get updates of course in other languages etc. And it's already better then other voice commands. Althought it doesn't support third party apps yet.
17. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
I like Siri for the most part. I did notice an outage yesterday for the first time ever. It was for a very short period of time later in the evening.
Siri is still the best voice recognition on mobile. It is in Beta, and I'm sure theyre still working out the kinks. It isn't perfect, but neither is any other voice recognition.
And they aren't selling beta software. It comes with the device for free.
19. Ivan6479 (Posts: 249; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
You are truly an iTard if you think buying a device, which is essentially the same device that was out over a year ago minus the new cam and new processor (which is sub par I might add) is worth the exact same price it was over a year ago then your nuts!! Trust me you all are paying for that crap ass software!! LMFAO!!
3. palmguy (Posts: 492; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
Attempted to shw a customer this weekend, it didn\'t work. I said wellll let\'s look at the Android phones.
8. c.hack (Posts: 603; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
I'm very disappointed in Siri too. Even when I have 3G coverage, it is slow and usually not helpful. In my experience, its mostly an advertising gimmick.
Having said that, its still better than the voice command on my Droid X2. It would never recognize the right address or phone number. The Android system would be a poor Alpha build in comparison.
4. LewsTherin006 (Posts: 140; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
seems like the tryptophan hit siri a few days late. zzzzzzzzzzzz
5. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
trypto build up from a few days of left overs. :)
9. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow..trolling 101 is in session.. please Android fans I know you guys are butt hurt because the beloved Nexus is sitting in the shelves of verizon... and you guys were promised a November relased.. remember?... ahhh so enjoy the trolling and enjoy your google voice... dont forget.. to speak in phrases.. or it wont understand...
15. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
I don't know .... How gallito is talking....it's getting quite anoying indeeeed......He can talk english,,,,,,yes..............I agree he must stop..........talking in...........Because it's exhausting to................read.........................................?
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
ahhh only because is you tacohunter.. but is easier for me to type this way... dont ask me how or why just is... I dont see the problem.. there is people here that speak s**t everytime they post.. that is more damaging to our brains than my writting..
23. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its not the ... its the incomplete thoughts between the ... it makes it incoherent. proof read! :)
11. rob5150 (Posts: 155; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
it was great, this morning listening to Howard stern on my android he tried to do siri live on the radio. And she kept telling him she wasn't able to assist him. I was laughing my butt off.
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Sounds like Siri may not be ready for the iCloud (or vice-versa).
22. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Ha, I love testing Siri on my friends phone and it never works! To believe one of them spent $400 dollars on it cause he had to have it!
24. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
tell em even the "free" androids have voice actions.. have had them for nearly 2 years.