Siri performance class-action lawsuits are just for making a quick buck, argues Apple
1. parkwaydr posted on 16 May 2012, 09:36 13 5
I don't know why people are complaining, siri is awesome,
My boss left his iPhone on his desk last night and I told siri to refer to him as captain d bag, instant classic.
15. tedkord posted on 16 May 2012, 16:56 2 0
Regardless of Siri's abilities, that is an awesome use of it.
18. parkwaydr posted on 16 May 2012, 19:41 1 0
Apparently five people don't have a sense of humor.....
2. PhoneArenaUser posted on 16 May 2012, 09:40 2 2
It is like a unwritten rule to see such words like a "sue" or "lawsuit" in one sentence with word "Apple", perhaps, in these days no one use these words separately.
Maybe the next model of iPhone will be called "lawsuit". :D
3. ilia1986 posted on 16 May 2012, 09:42 8 1
Oi oi check this out - Apple is claiming that suing it is lame because that's just people making a quick buck.
Oh the irony. It's epic.
4. troybuilt posted on 16 May 2012, 09:56 6 1
That's because Apple wants to do all the suing and doesn't want to be sued back. A company of hypocrites.
6. sithman (banned) posted on 16 May 2012, 10:15 1 6
Apple sues to protect its intellectual property. That's not making a quick buck, that's smart business.
9. PhoneArenaUser posted on 16 May 2012, 10:39 2 0
Nokia has even more "intellectual property", but doesn't play this game called "smart business"...
16. Lucas777 posted on 16 May 2012, 18:30 0 1
they are not in the means to be leveraging themselves in court at the moment... if they ever get back on their feet, i would not be surprised if they joined microsoft in court
20. taco50 (banned) posted on 17 May 2012, 02:55 0 2
Ignoring facts as usual? Nokia has sued plenty of people over intellectual property including AAPL
21. PhoneArenaUser posted on 17 May 2012, 08:38 0 1
Yes, I know that and not ignoring! I just wan to say that not so often and not so many times as Apple!
22. taco50 (banned) posted on 17 May 2012, 12:03 0 1
Actually Nokia has sued more than Apple
13. Non_Sequitur posted on 16 May 2012, 14:52 0 0
Exactly. Apple oulls up these BS patent infringements just to try to knock Google out. Google hardly ever sues back.
5. Chakra posted on 16 May 2012, 10:11 3 0
I do agree that this is stupid, however, on the other hand, apple does market the crap out of siri to the point, where you expect it to be perfect. It's not as if they do a pharmaceutical warning at the end of the commercials.
10. networkdood posted on 16 May 2012, 11:11 3 0
For Sprint customers, Siri does not even work.
11. jsoliz1985 posted on 16 May 2012, 12:22 1 2
IMO Siri is wonderful. I haven't had any issues with using it as described in the commercials and I know that each person's experience is different. I have personally seen that many Sprint iPhone users are usually unable to use Siri but that's due to Sprint's slow internet, NOT a fault of the phone. I do wish it had access to third-party apps but for now with the Beta status it's everything I expect. Once it gets out of Beta then I'll be more inclined to complain if it doesn't work properly.
P.S.: I am by no means a fanboy of any platform, I just enjoy phones that work whatever they may be.
14. humandroid posted on 16 May 2012, 16:02 1 0
Apple denying a large flaw in their novelty products is their fault, and claiming user error? NO WAY! Fresh AND new!
17. moofoodooloo posted on 16 May 2012, 19:22 0 0
B E T A. Apple knew that Siri wasn't going to be what they have made it out to be. By keeping the "beta" tag on Siri, Apple is untouchable. The service is still in "testing and development." No one is going to make a dime.
19. medicci37 posted on 16 May 2012, 19:41 2 0
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Apple's all about the quick buck.
23. remixfa posted on 17 May 2012, 12:28 0 0
this is a frivolous lawsuit and needs to be thrown out. if this is allowed then people should be allowed to sue food places for making their food look way better in commercials then it does in real life. when is the last time you actually got a Whopper that looked as good as the commercial? lol