Siri learns new commands with iOS 7, we give them a try
0. phoneArena 14 Jun 2013, 07:25 posted on
Siri – the intelligent voice-operated assistant found on Apple's top mobile devices, has been getting smarter and smarter with each new iOS release. After the launch of iOS 6, for example, users could not only ask her to perform basic tasks – setting an alarm clock or taking down a note, to name a few examples, but also to launch apps, and to request restaurant or movie recommendations with Siri's aid. Of course, iOS 7 won't be an exception as a handful of new commands will be added to her repertoire...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cyborg009 (Posts: 94; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
This is the first time I saw ios7 .. why does it look so cheap n weird.. what have they done to the OS!
2. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
That's nice.. But google now is better and it will get better in next android version... Android rocks.:)
18. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 205; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Cool story bro. I like how your comment is so unique from all the other Android owners on this site (sarcasm)
3. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Every time I see that gorgeous rainbow it makes me want to tap my heels three times and say 'there's no place like iHome'
It's just beauty-ful!!
4. YourNightmare (Posts: 32; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
I am curious, what benefit u get from Siri? I used my GF iPhone5 like about 4months now and never needed siri... I'm not hating instead really looking forward to know what useful things u can do with her
11. thenoodge (Posts: 32; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
Siri does alot of neat things make alarms search the web pull up gps make notes send text but it is a rarely used feature more of a gimmick i used it when i first got my iphone for like a week then rarely ever unless im showing someone i dont use it any more
27. sniper1087 (Posts: 412; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
I myself disagree with you I constantly use it for calls when driving, as well as for text, alarms and reminders, not much web search, some questions possibly and toggles while driving, may remind you I am running IOS 7 so toggles possible at the moment, dont know if the new IOS 7 is that ground breaking, would need to keep looking and see if there are more bugs, because of course is still in beta and there are plenty of things not working right.
29. thenoodge (Posts: 32; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
I also have IOS 7 i do like it being able to toggle bluetooth and wifi i have used that a lot more in the past few days my phone hooks to my car when im driving probably why i dont use siri as much if it didnt i would
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 13443; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The best assistant just got a little better. Kudos apple, this is the direction you need to keep moving in. Ios7 looks to be a home run deep to center.
6. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I wonder how many people actually use these "assistants" on daily basis and as a integral part of there smartphone usage. Literally everyone I know whether it's the iPhone 4s/5 siri or Google now or s voice on android none of them including myself use it.. Only time we do use it is just "show off" to people who don't have it lol..
13. protozeloz (Posts: 5383; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I use google now all he time, i get estimated times for places I need to be so im never late, I can take pictures of stuff and find out more infor about that item, I can ask it how is the weather in x country or how is going to be today and its faster than opening the weather app... I thought settings was a good idea but by looking at the stuff there is would be easy to swipe down (up for ios) and tap a button
8. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I completely agree and I absolutely LOVE the beautiful and soft new feeling of iOS7. I think Apple will hit a home run, especially with us girls.
10. MartyK (Posts: 729; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
I agree, the girly and girly man will love this... hahahah
15. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Apple did have u girls in mind when designing iOs 7, you and kids.. that's their target audience.
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 13443; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
One of the reasons apple makes billions.
17. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Yes, and I can't wait for iPhone 5S so I can complete my Barbie dream house.
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 13443; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well have at it. And while you're at it, continue to be stupid.
22. kenobi (Posts: 35; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Some said it's look like android or windows phone. Not that I have that narrow view either but, from related to what u said, i think I know better now the majority of users of those. That's why S3 has flower and S4 has balloons as wallpaper. I see.
30. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Dark, stop being an Apple homer...Siri was not the best before the update..lol
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 13443; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I use Siri for GPS, and appointments a lot. And for show times, and scores.
9. pkiran1996 (Posts: 165; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
As a dedicated Android user, I must admit the new Siri interface looks beautiful
19. dhmcop (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I do not like the new look of iOS 7. But I do want the new functionality!
20. wafflemuncherr (Posts: 18; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I rarely use Siri but I gotta say the wavy animation while it listens looks neat.
21. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
ios7 is beautiful to but its just to damn colorful.
24. techloverNYC (Posts: 445; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Im using nexus 4, however this new siri seems more functional than google voice by a long shot.
25. palmguy (Posts: 340; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
I thought Apple said Siri had a nicer more human voice. This voice always reminds me of the character on the PJ's cartoon with the voice box.
26. Sitchiro (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
eventhough that apple is adding up features for SIRI, come to think of this, SIRI is in BETA version as of the moment. So far there are lots of BUGS in terms of using SIRI in giving command like calling, places ETC. I hope that when they release IOS 7, SIRI is not in BETA version.
28. bootroot (Posts: 35; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
I hope Siri recognize contact names better than vocal command on iphone4
Cause it is really bad
"Call Peter Small"
"Calling boby wood" !
I wonder how it could be so bad even in quiet environments!