Siri burned by The Simpsons
0. phoneArena 04 Nov 2013, 10:19 posted on
Siri has always been polarizing app. Some find the service to be legitimately helpful and use it regularly to perform various tasks; others have nothing but trouble in getting Siri to understand basic commands or return relevant information; and, there are reports that suggest that most users flat out ignore Siri's existence all together. It looks like The Simpsons falls into that second category...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It looks like today everyone is just laughing from Apple and Apple users. Soon will be shame to take iPhone from your pocket in the street, because people around may start to laugh at you. :D
7. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
comment 6. And if everybody(including you) is laughing at Apple products and Apple, um..doesn't that make you a shweep too??
33. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You have made a statement without a rational point and then you asked the question:
"doesn't that make you a shweep too??"
To which I have answered:
"No it doesn't"
And my answer was such because I don't see rational point in your statement that's why it doesn't. ;)
39. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
sigh, stuck up much eh? still at least you got the point
11. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Dollars to donuts that the majority of the Simpsons writing-staff is carrying iPhones.
12. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4808; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
We all know the Simpsons always tell it the way it is. lol
Siri does like to do that though....
32. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I did NOT ASK U to do that siri. Lmao gotta love the Simpsons.
3. vaibhavaggarwal (Posts: 44; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
All the hater comments are going to be ironic, since the rest of the episode was kissing apple in the butt.
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Talking about butts and Apple:
(South Park - HUMANCENTiPAD)
17. mturby (unregistered)
IF U HAVE TO PRESS THE POWER BUTTON, UNLOCK THE PHONE, AND SEARCH FOR THE ASSITANT APP TO ASK HER TO OPEN THE CALCULATOR, IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL.
36. promise7 (Posts: 869; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Not sure what your getting at. You don't have to do any of that at all. You can wake the device up via the home button (don't have to use the power button), while your finger is still on the home button just long press it to bring Siri up. From Siri you can either tell it to open the calculator, or you can just ask it what the answer is to a math question.
37. mturby (unregistered)
well, i meant android assitant apps. but still, u have to wake up the stupid phone before u can use the assistant, hey, that is NOT an assistant, is just another cheap feature regarless is on android or iphone..
31. JC557 (Posts: 1321; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
This isn't the first time the Simpsons had some laughs at Apple. First was the Newton: Beat up Martin becomes Eat Up Martha.
Then the Mapple store and Steve Mobs... which is weird because now they're using Apple instead of Mapple yet kept the double bite marks on the logo.
38. werthedroids (Posts: 60; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
You just wrote "How to Suck up to Apple vol.1" buddy
5. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
I am sorry Dave, but I can't let you do that
6. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
If Simpsons makes fun of your product, you are made. It's an honor to be pawned by homer :)
13. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Except for that the Simpsons hasn't been relevant or funny in 15 years. Also, the Simpsons has been making fun of Apple (or their painfully-unfunny and uncreatively-named version "Mapple") for years.
But then again, what right do I have to complain? They've given me thousands of hours of entertainment for free. If anything I owe them.
23. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I watched that episode last night, it actually was decently funny. Funnier than Family Guy's been for the last 5 years anyway.
26. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
To be fair, being funnier than Family Guy isn't much of a compliment.
I stopped watching at "Lisa Goes Gaga." It seems like their entire reason for existence these days is to cram as many guest stars and obvious cultural references (that are 6 months out of date by air-time) as possible into every episode.
35. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
true, both shows IMO pale in comparison to shows like South Park and Futurama. RIP Futurama, you were a consistently strong show, and South Park is the model of envy IMO when it comes to intelligent and topical animated shows yet manages to be raw and crude at the same time, its my favorite show and IMO recent years have been even better than in the past.
21. tedkord (Posts: 10234; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Homer pawned Siri? How much did he get for it?
10. silencer271 (Posts: 254; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
It was all about apple hate on animation domination last night lol
14. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Funny how every negative Apple article has a damage control paragraph that spins the negative into a positive. I don't see this for any other company....
Do the sheep request that they be the ones to review the products or they leave or something? For example, john v or Michael h, the two biggest Apple homers review like every Apple product while ray s who obviously doesn't like sony reviews every sony product.
Now is this Apple being great PR tacticians saying only john v and Michael h can report on our products or we will stop sending you free apple products to review or is it john v and Michael h trying really hard to get all the Apple jobs so they can be biased and make Apple look good?
The Verge is even worst at this but that is another story.
15. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Funny how Apple being made fun of by a show that makes fun of everything is considered a negative Apple article.
16. mturby (unregistered)
there is not even one app that works the way they are supposed to work (or the way they tell u it works). siri, assistant, eva, google now/search, not even one. they are all stupid and give u answers to questions u did not even asked! plus, u have to wake up the phone before u can actually say something, wich makes them more stupid. maybe moto x works a little bit less stupid, a little bit less. IF U HAVE TO PRESS THE POWER BUTTON, UNLOCK THE PHONE, AND SEARCH FOR THE ASSITANT APP TO ASK HER TO OPEN THE CALCULATOR, IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL.
18. jbats (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
i kind of liked the family guy skit better. the best part was when adam west returns his computer cuz the apple logo already has a bite taken out of it.
19. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
family guy, south park and the simpsons have done a great job clowning apple...lol
its only funny when the company is iconic... it woulda been boring doing an android joke.
Like the writer said, if Google can unify its devices to be iconic then we should see some very funny mentions soon.
27. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
20. eN16HTMAR3 (Posts: 230; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
+1 to the Simpsons.
-1,000,000 for Apple
No reason. Just because.
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 19750; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That was hella funny. Apples gotta have some pretty thick skin nowadays.
30. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Nah, they just don't care anymore. The passion died with Steve Jobs
25. applesucker (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
siri is good in following simple commands but in navigation it sucks!
28. androadictto (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Oct 2013)
I hate Iphones more than ever, Im dealing with all the god damn issues caused by IOS 7 updates every single day and trust me its a fu..king pain in the a.s.s. so go ahead Simpsons and make more fun of Apple. Sorry Apple s fan.
34. Sondae (Posts: 277; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
LOL i am sorry i dont see any pop peddle around you deleting all contact information". "Delete confirmed".