Simple method has you using BBM for iOS and BBM for Android right now
We are now going to give you a technique that will allow you to use the messaging app right away. First, you need to install BBM on your phone. That should not be a problem. If you own an Apple iPhone or Apple iPad, head to the App Store. If you own an Android device, go to the Google Play Store. Once the app is open, enter your email address as requested, click on Next and then force close the app. On iOS, you can force close the BBM app by performing a double tap on the home button and then swiping the app away. You can force close the BBM app on Android by going to the multitasking menu and swiping away the app. Or, go to Settings> Apps> BBM> Force Close.
Once you've closed the app, reopen it and you will have a unique PIN number. These are the numbers used instead of phone numbers or email addresses so that other people can get in touch with you. Using PIN numbers keeps your phone number and email address safe and secure. Have fun while it lasts because now that this is in the open, BlackBerry could close this glitch. By that time, however, you should have made it to the front of the line anyway.
1. GrmanR (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
it's because of things like this that the app had to be delayed
11. jsilvermist (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It's because of programming and delays like this that the company went from 100+ to 6 in worth.
24. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
working for me :)
got email, i downloaded and works all good. best part is i can make calls, video chat all from same app no need to use different apps.
7. marchng (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
i can't register it... no matter how many time i type my email...
5. izim1 (Posts: 74; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I'm still not seeing the point of bbm.... Much less why iPhonearena here is making such a big deal about it.
6. orca99 (Posts: 87; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Why the heck did they release it if it's not even ready for the public? Wonder why they've disappeared from the mobile industry.
9. marchng (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
can't use it the apps... no matter how many times i put my email to it... no sending back any email to me to my inbox...
10. improv (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
They just allowed access to 5 million more people. I registered today and got in.
13. cw0974 (Posts: 23; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I got the email and it still doesn't work. When I hit "got the email" it doesn't do anything. Tried this method and it doesn't work either. After everything failed, I got annoyed and deleted.
14. simonfrady (Posts: 25; Member since: 26 Dec 2011)
this method working. and now at play store missing BBM now.
16. imMature (Posts: 85; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Yeah, same thing here. I was recommending it to a friend and found out that it wasn't in Play Store anymore. wth blackberry..
15. matrix_neo (Posts: 321; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I pre registered before why BlackBerry doesn't accept it. Now it's gone in play store. It even needs a wifi to open the app, I'm sure another disaster coming for BlackBerry. I just want to try using it because many people here in my place have it.
17. eman99 (Posts: 238; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
All I get is temporary server down is it my service
18. mottykels (Posts: 372; Member since: 15 May 2013)
WTF! Is happening to BBM the server is superdown :/
20. harigrg33 (Posts: 164; Member since: 20 May 2013)
Any one new to bbm and want to try here is my pin for the add 76214a71
23. Izoe (Posts: 114; Member since: 02 Sep 2010)
working great on my htc one x, if you need it go to bbm.com. They need to let people in slowly so they don't crash their severs
27. nishantsharma0007 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
not working i hadn't got any mail till now..
28. Shannon2595 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
i have done the whole force close thing and it just resets my page on my iphone.. need help!