Simple Sidekick ID launched at half price

Posted: , by Nanko R.

Simple Sidekick ID launched at half price
Sidekick ID
Sidekick ID

Sidekick ID

Finally, T-Mobile launched the stripped-down version of the Sidekick 3, called the Sidekick ID which comes at half the price - $99 instead of $199 for the 3. The simple ID has slightly changed design and exchangeable color faceplates. When it comes to functionality, the little brother loses the camera, Bluetooth and memory card. So basic, it remains a messaging device with swiveling display, unique form-factor, full QWERTY and internet browser. Expected availability is April 25th.

via EngadgetMobile

posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:41

1. ALevine (unregistered)

i really dont see the point in getting the sidekick "ID" because its got nothing to it.I guess i can see no bluetooth,...but NO camera?!? you might as well turn on your sidekickI device. all this waste just so it could be MyFaves compatible

posted on 13 Apr 2007, 18:03

2. Armando (unregistered)

wow i was just reading further on this phone and i want it i mean its so cheap 99 bucks gets me sold i mean sure no camera but i mean sidekick camera's suck whats the difference and the removable faceplates is awsome and this phone is for people who cant afford the original sidekick and who love text/myspace/aim i DO this phone has me sold i hope i can get one!!!!!

posted on 14 Apr 2007, 12:48

3. no (unregistered)

yuck a waste

posted on 15 Apr 2007, 12:22

4. Dre Liz (unregistered)

Hmmm.... I think I would rather put $99 in the toilet, and flush it. First of all the phone looks old, and chunky, plus it has no feautures,and a horrible display screen. Now days you can get way better phones for the same price. Overall I think its a good strategy and aproach from T-Mobile, but they should really be spending their money on trainning the right people for their crappy customer service, and buying or bulding more towers, so thier customers don't have to leave their house and walk a mile down the road so they can get one bar of service.

posted on 22 Apr 2007, 05:48

5. madalin (unregistered)

Why whould you do that cose you all know that the demands are getting bigger & if you want just a messagin device you get a Blackberry...actualy I wanted this device with 2 Mpx camera,bluetooth headset support,bigger screen,more colors on the screen,better mp3 player....in a word I wanted an upgrade but this is lame...who the f*** would buy this "free" stuff

posted on 25 Apr 2007, 10:44

6. Will (unregistered)

For someone who wants messaging, web, and AIM, its perfect. You guys are just mad because A. You have a sidekick 3, B. you feel the need to take pictures in front of mirrors This is a really good price and a good product for most people, and convenience sake. The mp3 player on the sidekick sucks anyways, at least until they switch to 1/8 inch jacks. Also, the sidekicks camera sucks too. I don;t know what you would use pictures from that camera for... As far as bluetooth goes, Darn! I cant put mp3's on my kick via blueto...wait. right, it got rid of the mp3 player because it sucks. So from the perspective of anyone else thats not you, You're useless. And if you want to be a features mongerer go buy an iphone. Power to the bang for the buck people!

posted on 07 May 2007, 17:36

7. Paulina (unregistered)

I want it. && will you're funny. it's true; ive always hated the camera on the sk2's and sk3's. it comes out look all fuzzy and all that. I wouldn't mind getting this phone. it's skinner, convenient, and i just love to chat. besides, if i wanted to take pictures, i got my RAZR for that[:

posted on 10 May 2007, 17:18

8. MILSZ (unregistered)

I AGREE I THINK THAT THE SIDE KICK ID IS BETTER CUZ THE CAMERA ON THE SK2 ANS SK3 SUCKED.THEY COME OUT DARK AND BLURRY.THE ONLY THING IS THAT SK I.D DOESNT HAVE BLUETOOTH.BUT I DONT NEED IT SO IM OK.I THINK THAT THE PEOPLE THAT BOUGHT SK3 WAS A WASTE OF MONEY.THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE CAMERA(WHICH SUCKS) AND THE BLUE TOOTH.ID RATHER PAY 100 FOR THE SIDEKICKID

posted on 14 Jun 2008, 11:25

exactly i mean u can have a camera to

posted on 21 Jun 2007, 21:43

9. zahra (unregistered)

ppl would actually pay 100$s more for a crappy camera and blue tooth. id rather put the money in to buy a good digital cam n still get to chat n myspppace all day long =)

posted on 02 Nov 2007, 18:24

10. Bo.Fresh (unregistered)

Ok....so i got the phone and to be completely honest.... not bad. It was actually what i've been looking for. I went from Treo to Blackberry to Smartphone and ended up ditching all those for one reason....too much crap i dont use. When you have a computer, a 80gig ipod, and a digital camera...do you really need all that crap on your phone? lets keep it real...for the price of the ID missing all those BS features is completely worth it. Finally...a phone i can text on and make a call on.....point blank...all you need...and most are right...the sidekick cam was shitty anyways and do you really need it to listen to music? a phone is a phone and this stripped down cute piece of work is just that. let it be....fresh.

posted on 29 Jul 2008, 22:19

12. you know whatt (unregistered)

thanks for all your comments which takes me to the conclusion that i like the sidekick iD.. my dad bought it for 123 without all the plan crap that comes wit it and @ first i was dissappointed because of the no camera no bluetooth or music thing but watever.. lx's and 3's are wayy too expensive and the iD still looks cool and does the fun flippy thing... itss all good sidekick iDs are..pretty darn cool iif you askk meee. =D