Silver HTC M8 / All New One photographed in the wild?
0. phoneArena 27 Feb 2014, 12:04 posted on
HTC will officially announce its brand new One (M8) flagship on March 25. The smartphone's final name is still a mystery, but it could be the All New One...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
69. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
They just don't know basic physics, the larger bezel can withstand more impact, so the screen don't break as easily.
77. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Nope but you are a known clueless HTC lover. That much everyone knows.
118. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Im not a lover on a certain oem....im a lover on products/tech.. i buy products that i think the best for me...i love my htc one, and i still love my old galaxy s2 coz for me that is the best of samsung..i do love my previous sony and nokia phones..im not like you. you're like a member of a cult.what the leader says..you do.what samsung tells u and offer you you still praise it even if it sucks.i dislike sammy for hiring people like u just to praise them and bash thier competitors..
7. HTCOE (Posts: 632; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
yes that is a clear gelled case that comes standard
8. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Looks like a giant HTC One. No one seems to be going in the right direction this year but that is to be expected from HTC.
13. Feanor (Posts: 670; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Because your bezel obsession is getting psychotic. So many of your posts are about bezel size... As if 5-6mm more in your pocket will make any difference...
25. JMartin22 (Posts: 1899; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
HTC and Sony are notoriously bad for having bezels unnecessarily thick. For all your ushering of their designs; their design is lazy and poorly drafted. It takes good R&D to produce a phone with a good ergonomic and practical design. Sony and HTC would rather skip that part; albeit; I'll give HTC credit for the speakers.
31. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Your design description screams Samsung and not Sony and HTC, yes thin bezels are visually appealing but i'd rather have a large battery than thin bezels, to each their own, btw the One is very ergonomic and fits in the hand perfectly thanks to the curved back.
32. Feanor (Posts: 670; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
1. Sony Xperia Z2 has also meanwhile stereo speakers. Wanna give them some credit too?
2. Bezels contain components that otherwise would occupy space directly behind the screen and make the phone thick. It's really between either long or thick. After the rather bezely Galaxy S5, there is only one relaively new phone with really thin bezels, the G2 which is thicker of them all and has smallest camera sensor... There are no magical solutions...
33. maherk (Posts: 3420; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Actually the G2 has the same bezels as all other flagships. They have this fake trim around the glass, then you get the black bezel covering the screen. My wife had the white G2, and I could clearly see the deception in those not so thin bezels.
29. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
So Taters, how do you like the HUGE size increase over the 0,1" screen increase on the S5 with extra large bezels?
36. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Samsung dropped the ball big time but I have no problem admitting when they suck unlike you and your HTC homies....
42. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
And as usual...it is expected to read your hate post on every htc articles. ..you are on qouta already...claim your salary from sammy..lol
10. CaptYolo (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
SO SONY IS TAKING THE CAKE THIS YEAR...NICE
38. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I disagree because the Z2 is almost the same size as the Note 3 so Sony is probably last place. It doesn't mean much this year though because the ancient Nexus 5 and G2 are both superior to this years number 1 still.
48. Feanor (Posts: 670; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
For Taters size does matter. :-))
Sorry dude, nothing personal but come on, bezels are not the only thing to look on a smartphone. Give us a break, I implore you!
53. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
It is closer to the size of the S5 than it is of the Note 3, does that mean the S5 is almost the same size as the Note 3?
72. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
No because the Z2 is closer to the Note 3 than GS5. I even posted a video in the other thread that clearly shows this....
89. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Note 3 Dimensions: 151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 - 5.7" display/1080x1920/386 ppi - 168g
Sony Z2 Dimensions: 146.8 x 73.3 x 8.2 - 5.2" display/1080x1920/424 ppi - 158g
Galaxy S5 Dimensions: 142.0 x 72.5 x 8.1 - 5.1" display/1080x1920/424 ppi - 145g
Now, is it slightly closer in height to the Note 3 than it is to the S5? Yes, but that doesn't impact how easy it is to hold or use with 1 hand. What matters for that is width, which it is only slightly wider than the S5 for, and much slimmer than the Note 3. All in all, its dimensions are much closer to the S5 than the Note 3.
But...you know, dont let reality get in your way, right? ;)
93. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Only a Sony lover will say width matters more than height and thickness. Pocket ability is very much in line with height but of course you will choose to ignore that...
Check out the weight too. Way too close to the Note weight which is also an important parameter.
94. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I'm not a Sony lover, I have an iPhone and am planning to pick up the next Moto X/Nexus (unless they release the Sony on Sprint, in which case I will consider it) and iPhone. And width definitely matters more for usability than height, I think most people will agree with me on that. The thickness leaves the Sony phone .1 thinner than the Note 3 and .1 thicker than the S5....none of those phones are thick, so I don't know why you are bringing it up or what you are trying to get at there....
And the weight is again in between the Note 3 and S5, almost exactly so. I like a phone with a little bit a of heft anyhow, a few grams isnt going to tire me...but it makes the phone seem more substantial/ better built (to me). You really think the 4mm the S5 has on the Sony makes it that much more pocketable? I can always get pants/jeans/shorts with bigger pockets, and for much of the fall/winter/spring I wear some type of jacket that has pockets plenty big. I cant get bigger hands to operate a device (though my hands are big anyways, so the Note isn't unreasonable for me).
12. Technobri (Posts: 84; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
I don't think this would be worth upgrading from a HTC one. Maybe ill wait for nexus 6 or lg
14. Diego! (Posts: 553; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I don't like AT ALL the upper speaker compared to the one below. Why did they do that?? That's ugly as sh*t!
15. zekes (Posts: 229; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
if you look closely at the picture it looks like they're testing it for tmobile
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I can confirm this is 100% true. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.
16. Amir1 (Posts: 334; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
the bottom black stripe with the HTC logo really hurts the phone design. it should not be there at all and instead it need to be a part of the display. very bad decision.
64. bodzio1809 (Posts: 356; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
100% agree. Let's hope that premium S5, Z3 or G3 will be better. My contract ends in October :)
17. maclasa (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
None of the pics for HTC M8 at the back is showing beats audio logo?
34. Beijendorf (Posts: 339; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
And good riddance. Beats Audio is just a really useless piece of garbage equalizer setting?
20. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
killer phone on the way...
i dont think s5 has a good chance again htc m8..
28. JMartin22 (Posts: 1899; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
In whose reality? Yours and your bandit of like-minded fools?
37. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Not in your view, not that your view on anything is needed anyway.
You are the same guy who said the One was made of tin can aluminium and you find it aesthetically ugly.
39. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Actually, if this I ends up bigger than the GS5 which it very might will, it's another HTC complete flop.
61. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 268; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
S5 don't Have any chance its to ugly like any Samsung prodoct
22. antonioli (Posts: 200; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
That useless black part where htc is written bothers me. It could be more screen or help to downsize the phone.
26. GeekMovement (Posts: 2142; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
high expectations for this phone. If this fails, it's all up to the LG G3..
35. surethom (Posts: 605; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
SO Many rumours about the back camera, I hope they tell us the megapixel count & hopefully not 4 megapixel again.
47. HTCOE (Posts: 632; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
this is not a huge phone by all means its just a tad bit taller than the original one... judgements of the size in the picture is irrelevant
65. bodzio1809 (Posts: 356; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Still why they put logo on the front? Even 5.2' screen for more space for components would be better. It just look bad, no symmetric. I hope that this is only prototype and final version will be logo free on the front of device.
82. HTCOE (Posts: 632; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
Timing plays a key role unfortunately but your concerns with the bezels are sure to be heard and implemented on the next One series flagship next year but to keep everything solid throughout the bezels are there but when viewed in person it's not such an eye sore... you'd probably not have an issue with it in the future
50. vtem97 (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
All phones with small bezels will look the same...
52. banglazbless (Posts: 106; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
There's plenty of retarded comments on this post. Htc will never sell more one than the s5, it's comical. You think this tincan with the so-called boomsound is it? Gimme a break, this is nothing more than a rehashed one and if that didn't sell why do you think this will.
54. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
It looks the same which is fine but you would think with HTC mocking the S5 they would have a new look for the next HTC flagship.
58. babalove (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
last years design was much better. looks just like the s5 the only diffrence is that they use metal.
63. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 268; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Frist Picture of Htc one every boy say its Not good but now you see its great m8 do like m7
70. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
You people keep fighting, sales doesn't make a phone better. Hence why the LG G2 is still kicking Samsung's ass. Saying any different would just be ignorant. The z2 is a better phone than the s5 in almost every area. The HTC one is still one of the most popular phones around and that went change when the new one comes out. Keep arguing in this endless pointless war. I can't wait to see that guy who bet money lose it though lolol
78. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Speaking of ignorant...ding ding..we have a winner here in zachattack.
96. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Ignorance is bliss in your, and many others cases I guess fan boy
116. limporgyuk (Posts: 273; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Have to agree with your comment 'The z2 is a better phone than the s5 in almost every area'. Its funny watching all of the Samsung fans trying to defend the S5 abomination and hide their disapointment. As an HTC One lover I have to take my hats off to Sony for the Z2 and to LG for the G2. Thats the difference between Samsung and apple fans and the rest of us, we can appreciate other tech without the blind backing of an obviously inferior product.
71. papss (unregistered)
I'd love this phone if it had my preferred OS in tow.
81. newbey123 (Posts: 554; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
So mmuch hotness. This is my next phone. Best UI and design of any android phone offered. Can't wait to pick up this beast when it hits shelves.
83. phonejustice (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
wait until u see the on-screen button :(
111. .KRATOS. (Posts: 307; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Here we go again over and over with every new handset release, will u shut the f* up who cares wich is the best or n, its a matter of taste, who wants to purchase Samsung, HTC or any other handset so what. All r good devices
115. limporgyuk (Posts: 273; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Arguing with Samsung fans is like arguing with Christians as to why there is no God, they are a blind following with their heads buried in the sand (and arrogant too)
119. CreedFrancis (Posts: 21; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
The asymmetrical placement of the speaker bugs me a bit but that's just me, i still like the design.
120. DRO_ID (Posts: 40; Member since: 20 Feb 2014)
Had they gotten rid of that space where that logo is to the front to make the footprint of the phone smaller, the phone would've been almost perfect as long as the specs like ram, processor, additional storage capable and camera match or surpass the S5 & Z2. They also need to ramp up production of the phone and make it available on all networks and as many countries worldwide, then they might start seeing some sales.