Side touch camera button for the Samsung Galaxy S5?
0. phoneArena 19 Feb 2014, 14:41 posted on
According to a report published on Wednesday, the Samsung Galaxy S5 will feature a capacitive shutter button on the lower right side of the case. This button will work only on certain modes. It is also possible that the button will take on new functions for different apps. The same report lists the rear camera as being 16MP and will capture 4K video at 30fps and 1080p viodeo at 60fps...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tech2 (Posts: 3159; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
So its like 10 articles a day even before its released. Pretty sure the internet would explode when it actually releases. Can't wait !
9. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
It'll make evening news like the iPhone does.. Good job on Samsung's part!
28. vincelongman (Posts: 3471; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Yea, I hate that mainstream media think Apple and Samsung are the only smartphone/tablet makers.
27. akki20892 (Posts: 3872; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Camera will pop-up when we use S5. You know it's a touch camera button.
2. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Like the camera button on all WP devices?
5. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 474; Member since: 07 May 2012)
windows phone have a physical camera button,this is referring to a capacitive camera button.
6. tech2 (Posts: 3159; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Re-read the article.
Even if it was physical camera button which it isn't lot of other phones used to do that. My Sony K810i Cybershot with Xenon had a physical button. It was released in 2007.
11. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Of course camera buttons aren't anything new.. My Samsung blackjack had one, and that was way back in the day.....
7. sipha (Posts: 432; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Am almost 100% sure you a microsoft employee paid to flood internet forums with Windows Phone..
12. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Actually, I work for Samsung...... 99.99% sure?
14. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Almost 100% sure he is a fan of a great OS.
8. hurrycanger (Posts: 1546; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Nope. You cannot touch the camera button to take photos on a WP device. You have to press it just like on every single camera in the world that came before WP. ;)
3. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 474; Member since: 07 May 2012)
that would be awesome,still wont buy it though
4. SayMobile (Posts: 75; Member since: 29 Jan 2014)
woahh! thats awesome , loads of new camera modes and effects. samsung galaxy s5 is getting more n more exciting each day .Waiting for the next biggest thing
10. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I don't know about you guys but I think Sammy is going to literally kill the competition this year, cause last year was like bad for them because of
missed predictions on the galaxy s4 which we all know sammy slowed down thinking it's got a fanbase like apple. I think Sammy is putting all their blood and tears on the gs5 cause of these leaked features, I might even buy it.
13. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1886; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I think Samsung is going to destroy the Android market no matter what. Samsung and Apple are the two popular brand of smartphones that most average consumers know, and in other words that mean a lot of them would go in blindly to buy their phones without considering other options. I have to say on the side that Samsung and Apple make great products and no one can deny that facts. However, HTC, LG, and Sony all makes good products as well.
HTC One is a good looking phone with awesome speakers, but their advertising wasn't affected to help them to gain momentum.
LG G2 is a beast phone in every category and the big battery definitely adds the attractiveness. But LG is just not a well known smartphone company yet for the general public.
Sony... I don't even want to start with them... Z1 with 3,000 mAh of battery and yet still has horrible battery life... Also, not on all four major carrier... Sony doesn't seem like they are being aggressive at all at the moment.
20. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 158; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
I have the same perspective as you though I prefer htc over Samsung. I owned both htc and Samsung device. They both were theur high end device at the time I bought it and I must say HTC lasted longer. By that I mean, I had to call carrier 3 times to replace my s3 but only once with htc sensation 4g.
21. Astoni (Posts: 631; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
It's kinda sad how Apple and samsung grows so much :( i don't want HTC,LG or any other minor mobile brand to die out (not saying that HTC and LG are small brand just the minority atm)
I'm not a big fan of the Z1 but last update really fixed the battery problem ;)
P.s i hope the Next HTC lives up to its promise since it feel like one of those hidden gems :D
22. wilsong17 (unregistered)
im happy with my note 3 what is your problem
16. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
yeah well good luck when u hit it by accident.. really not necessarily for even a physical button just put it on your lock screen and touch it and voila :D
17. Väliaikainen (unregistered)
Capacitive camera button??? Most useless thing ever..
18. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
rather see articles on Win 8.1 OS or the Galaxy 5, rather than articles on those stupid dumb watches...
19. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
I know samsung will sell many phones but I also know they will be useless for the most part. It will have same specs as everyone else pretty much.
23. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Some people will find a use for these extras - like any APPLE, Samsung, etc...phone, there will be lots of junk baked in....what I dislike is how companies are locking their bootloaders, or installing KNOX - very anti Android-like...
24. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
I agree. If this S5 phone lagg like S4 then I am pretty sure they will start losing many because you don't expect and want a phone that cost so much to lagg like a mid range phone. I won't buy a new phone this year because I am broke but I would be so pissed otherwise if my phone start lagging after 7 months.
If Samsung release another set of pure junk like last year, Sony LG and HTC will get more consumers for android.
25. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I have a Nexus 5 - great phone - but, I may purchase a phablet next, as a 5 inch phone is too small for me now...
26. papss (unregistered)
Lots of nice features rumored to be in S5.. Its never been the features that I had issues with on the S series.. Its the materials so here's to hoping they do a good job like the Note 3.
29. nctx77 (Posts: 1443; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Hey! Let's add 50 more camera modes to the other hundred we have. The next frustrating and confusing camera is here!
30. mokhtar (Posts: 399; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
i'm a sony fan , but i have to say " RESPECT " to samsung .. really they know how to make costumers happy with what they buy .. i think no phone will beat S5 this year , waiting for sony and apple