"Sh*t Apple Fanatics Say" videos are pretty spot on
0. phoneArena 07 Sep 2012, 15:45 posted on
Although, we're not sure that we'd say the statements in the videos would cover what an Apple fanatic would actually say, because we see far worse in our comments sections, but the videos are still pretty solid. We can only wait until the same treatment is given to Android fans...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Lol.... Gotta admit that was pretty funny
2. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 200; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Althought the "things that were said" were pretty humorous, and stereotypically enhanced (regarding Mac users), I'd say the skit was a little over the top.
This is going to start a huge "iPhone vs Android" fight, so I'll just say a few things before it starts.
We can stereotype any set of users based on what we see in marketting or movies or poorly-made YouTube videos. "Mac vs PC" was one of the best battle-starting ads I've seen, but it was executed without resorting to childish bashings. Facts were presented, and humor was piled on to lighten it up.
We can also stereotype Android users. Based on the customers I deal with daily, I can draw up and present an image of an Android user. These customers want to customize, but complain about how unresponsive and unreliable the phone is. "Mine can multitask." "Mine can fold space and time with the speed of 4G". "My phone can be customized to make it MINE." "My contacts dissapeared." "My apps dissapeared." "My phone keeps locking up". "I can't connect to the internet".
I hear it all day.
33. ftyler223 (Posts: 140; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
good point bud. There are pros and cons to both os's.
58. E.N. (Posts: 2486; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Yeah the videos were barely 'ok', though I did laugh a couple of times, especially with the 'Macs NEVER get viruses....okay it got infected by Trojan once...'
As for android fans....
"My phone can be customized to make it MINE."
- this one kills me the most cause its so over the top.
I love how literally for years, after any android device is released the fanatics say "This phone has zero lag!" and then Google goes ahead and releases project butter...classic
76. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
high end phones dont have lag. project butter was designed to make it even nicer. There is a big difference between no lag and crazy smooth. Besides, project butter helps more with the "non high end" handsets than anything.
Were you the guy in the video?
88. E.N. (Posts: 2486; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
If project butter was for the non-high end handsets, why was Google showcasing all the MAJOR improvements you would see in the Galaxy Nexus? The Nexus is not a flagship device, but it's definitely not low-end either. And haven't people said that if Project Butter was the only feature in jellybean, it would still be well worth the update? Seems like we're talking about more than just low-end smartphones and a small speed bump.
Was I the guy in the video? Didn't you film this yourself? You should already know the answer is No.
92. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
The point of me asking if you were the guy in the video is because you are acting like that fanboy. Find the humor in it instead of being so defensive.
The galaxy nexus uses an outdated OMAP4 chip that you will probably never see in another phone again. On a pure tech term its a lower-middle end phone.
And of course they show it on their Nexus device, thats the whole darn point of the nexus is to be direct updates through google. So no, its an upgrade for the whole ecosystem. The biggest benefits will be to the lower end handsets that will greatly benefit from "butter" much more so than the nicer handsets.
And again, who cares. Nice sets were already lag free. Adding FPS to the animations just makes it nicer. There is a difference between "lag free animation' and "high FPS animation". Butter just takes it from the former to the latter.
93. E.N. (Posts: 2486; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Well, lower end or not, it didn't stop Android users from saying the Galaxy Nexus "has zero lag" when it released (which by the way is/was completely false). Don't say it doesn't lag if it clearly does. And If lower end phones were the main target, they could have used the Nexus S 4G to showcase project butter, it is being updated to Jellybean after-all.
Yeah I got the point of your joke, did you get the point of mine? And I'm not acting the same as the guy in the vid. I'm not talking about Apple, iPhones, 4G/LTE, viruses, or any of that. I was just talking about lag and the sh*t android users say. Try not to be so defensive.
77. pkiran1996 (Posts: 165; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
It's because only the stock android had lag prior to Jellybean. Phones such as the Galaxy S2 really don't have lag because the OEM has made it that way by using / adding different hardware such as graphics acceleration.
80. joey_sfb (Posts: 3824; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Ipad's resource intensive app also have lag. Apple fan are really silly if they can't tell that lag happens when resource intensive app run on slower hardware.
86. bobnnate (Posts: 25; Member since: 28 Aug 2011)
just like how apple reinvents itself every time right?
85. DFranch (Posts: 143; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
When talking about the Mac vs. PC adds, I don't think you can say "facts were presented". Maybe if you change "presented" to "distorted" that would be a fair statement. That said, they were usually funny.
3. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
An article who's sole purpose is a flame war. How wonderful.
15. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Actually the point is to get everyone to laugh together, rather than fight. I've just lost hope that fanboys can ever be respectful humans.
It is possible to laugh and not start a flame war, but that's on you guys.
28. Droiddoes (unregistered)
So you decided to fan the flames huh? Brilliant.
31. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Learn to laugh at yourselves instead of starting fights.
The videos are funny, that's all there is to it.
78. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
68. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I don't know. Flame war starts when people just don't want to laugh.
Anyways, this is funny one Michael. HAHAHAHAHA
I hope there's for android and wp fans :)))
57. smartphonemad (Posts: 42; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
But like the iPhone they would be small :p
62. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
HAHAHA My gf says 3.5" is all she needs xD
16. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Yes, it is a troll article but it's quite amusing
43. Aeires (unregistered)
I thought it was an article about trolls.
6. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
I like to make fun of apple fanatics but that was weak and not funny
63. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Its american humor. You wouldnt know. If you cant laugh at this, you were tragically born without a sense of humor.
71. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
and your text is much funnier than this clips
you are like one really big joke for me so I think I have sense of humor
8. sbr999 (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
My android eats an apple a day to keep his doctors away. mwhaha
13. champ_vl (Posts: 44; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Wow these videos are so true !! =) I actually know some iPhone fans who actually said some of those things mentioned in the clips !
19. luxzy801 (Posts: 138; Member since: 16 Jun 2010)
The oldest apple excuse in the book "It doesnt have viruses"
20. tedkord (Posts: 6230; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
If you want to see this for real, watch the movie MacHeads. The real deal is actually worse.
22. ekia007 (Posts: 61; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
hey phonearena. stop deleting my comment. what was that?
25. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
We have discussion rules. Don't actively say something that will incite others and you won't have your comments moderated.
23. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Heavily biased michael H apple love article, nothing to see here
24. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5664; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
did i just watch a pair of iJustine's Vlogs?
26. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Sorry that I keep posting quotes from the video lol but Damn.... “its just a $50 cable" lol wooo... “ I could never date a android user" lol.
27. nwright94 (unregistered)
I love apple and these videos make me laugh. All of us fanboys,be it apple, android, windows phone, or blackberry can get a little crazy at times and nobody can deny it. People just need to lighten up :)
32. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
good article for a Friday. it was funny and I have said some stuff in there.. not going to say which..
54. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
I knew you were a major fanboy. :P JK. I'm glad that you admit that you say that stuff. I can't wait to see how much of the stuff that I said when the android one comes out. I've probably said most of the ones they think of.
35. SleepingOz (unregistered)
37. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
From everything I see in the web the Android fans are the worst fans. In terms of commenting about Apple.
39. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The videos are still funny. And yes I love Apple, Google and Samsung.
38. Sniggly (Posts: 7227; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I laughed at this one, and I know I'll laugh if they do an Android fanboy video as well.
I mean, let's face it, we all go nuts here. Some worse than others, sure, but these are products we're passionate about. No shame in that.
*obligatory fanboy statement*
Though there IS shame in owning everything Apple. ZING ZING ZING!
41. luxzy801 (Posts: 138; Member since: 16 Jun 2010)
I hope they make an Android fanboy video too, it will also be funny to throw in some Microsoft fanboys and make a windows fanboy video.
Stuff like this should make everyone laugh, especially when you hear something that you always say LOL!!!
46. ilkinandr92 (Posts: 44; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Hahahaha this is funny. Love Krapple fan boys they give me a good laugh and those videos remind me of a friend of mine xD
48. Whateverman (Posts: 3235; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I have been using Mac computers for years now and I just thought that was hilarious!!! I have said A LOT of these things myself and the part where he says "F*ck, I didn't get Apple Care!"... Made me spit Pepsi. I just have to add a few...
1. iTunes has everything!
2. If only Apple made cars.
3. What do you mean it's NOT supported... I just bought it!
4. Am I holding it right?
5. It looks the same.
If you didn't find that funny or if you have a problem with the article, then YOU are the real problem. Quit taking it so serious because if you look around...everyone is laughing, but you. I can't wait for the "Sh*t Android fanatics say" video. That will probably be just as funny if not funnier.
52. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That was hilarious lol, Android fanboys are up next :D