Shoddy repair of Apple iPhone screen led to smoking unit on Australian flight last year
0. phoneArena 06 May 2012, 22:11 posted on
Last November, an Apple iPhone started smoking on a flight from Lismore to Sydney; on Friday the Australian Transport Safety Bureau turned the remains of the device over to the FCC and that agency determined that some shoddy screen repair work led to the problem with the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I remember the trolls had a field day with this story.
4. Sniggly (Posts: 7045; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
And now you're going to blame those trolls for not knowing the unit had been repaired once before?
We had no more a field day than was had when reports came in from Europe about exploding iPhones.
5. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Glad you admit to being a troll lol
6. Sniggly (Posts: 7045; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Glad you didn't dispute the reports about exploding iPhones.
I accepted long ago that no matter what facts I cockslap you with, you will never admit that what I do isn't trolling. There's no point arguing with someone who no longer accepts reality as it truly is.
11. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
It's Taco nothing he says should be taken seriously. It's like arguing with the town fool.
14. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I remember how nice it was when you didn't post on this site...
2. Birds (Posts: 991; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Why is it always Australian Airlines that an iPhone self-destructs on?
3. SheepdogElite (Posts: 5; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
Because australia is a mecca of apple enthusiasts.
7. medicci37 (Posts: 628; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Australia... You've just been smoked by Apple.
8. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Well, it looks like the iPhone *puts sunglasses on* was really screwed.
10. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1446; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Hey H, I didn't know you commented on phonearena. ;)
15. plucas001 (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
For a non shoddy repair, check out ineedzoe.com for quality nationwide & DC/NOVA area repairs...
17. sandip01 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
iphone beeldscherm kapot - Can you hardly use your iPhone because the screen is broken? Let your iPhone repair Repairlab again and make use of your iPhone as you did when you had just the phone. Repairlab replaces the screen that is broken within 30 minutes!