Shin: cumulative sales of the Samsung Galaxy S III to top 10 million units during July
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Jun 2012, 22:50
JK Shin, head of Samsung's telecommunication business, says he expects cumulative sales of the Samsung Galaxy S III to hit the 10 million mark sometime during the next month; the phone was launched in Europe on May 29th and is rolling out in other countries now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
19. SherlockHolmes posted on 25 Jun 2012, 01:17 4 12
I Still Doubt that the Galaxy S sold 24 Million !!
Never was able to see so many in hands or on the Sites like Ebay and Amazon !!!
23. Doakie posted on 25 Jun 2012, 01:36 2 1
Hmmmm. With a name like Sherlock Holmes you think you'd have better powers of deduction than "what I saw on eBay...."
Here in the States I've seen plenty of Galaxy S phones. Those have seriously been the most popular Android phones I've seen with all their nuanced variants. Just in my group of friends and family I've seen 4 Sprint Epic 4G's, two T-mobile Vibrants, two T-Mobile Galaxy S 4Gs, one ATT Captivate, and one Galaxy Blaze 4G which I have to assume is considered a Galaxy S1 due to its naming even though it's closer to a T-Mobile Galaxy S2s internals...
42. gallitoking posted on 25 Jun 2012, 19:01 0 0
the most Android phones I have seen are the EVOs
2. Chuck.Norris (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2012, 23:28 22 8
5 of the ten Million is just in my Family :-) Go Samsung!
12. HTCFreak posted on 25 Jun 2012, 00:37 15 1
There's nothing wrong with being a fan. Samsung fans, Apple fans, windows fans, ... Just let them be happy :)
3. zhypher_23 posted on 24 Jun 2012, 23:30 11 5
Go PWN Over-pricey Apple Samsung, show them who's boss in the smartphone industry! >:))
4. RoundBallmer (banned) posted on 24 Jun 2012, 23:33 8 18
Lol SGS3 cost more than the iPhone, you must be crazy to claim that the plastic ugly phone is cheaper
11. aahmed215 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 00:35 14 6
No it isn't.
SGS3 (16GB): $199 w/ contract
iPhone (16GB): $199 w/ contract
SGS3 (32GB): $249 w/ contract
iPhone (32GB): $299 w/ contract
46. zhypher_23 posted on 27 Jun 2012, 01:01 0 0
It just makes me wanna vomit why people fall for these overpriced apple products, because of hype and such, ugh yuck.
15. Rocksteady posted on 25 Jun 2012, 00:45 7 2
It's not cheaper, it just costs the buyer less, more money value.
And the looks are personal reference, no it's not ugly.
45. zhypher_23 posted on 27 Jun 2012, 01:00 0 0
40. bayusuputra posted on 25 Jun 2012, 10:06 2 0
it is more expensive, but not overpriced..
when something is overpriced, means that it is priced waaaayyy above the justified price of the product, which in iPhone case, should be around $200 off contract rather than $500..
yes, the galaxy is expensive, but look at it this way: quad-core processor/very powerful dual core with LTE, relatively huge battery, large screen with HD resolution, 128GB memory potential with USB Host/OTG support for even more memory/peripherals, 1.9Mp front camera with 720p video for chat.
do the iPhone have all of that? and why is it priced in the same level as the SGS3? that's called overpriced.. just like beats headphones are..
44. zhypher_23 posted on 27 Jun 2012, 00:59 0 0
6. hateftotti posted on 24 Jun 2012, 23:38 17 5
I think after announcement of icrap 5,disappointed Ifans will turn to buy GSIII.and this help Samsung to sell more GSIII.
14. HTCFreak posted on 25 Jun 2012, 00:40 12 0
I'm sure they won't if you keep calling it iCrap. Just be nice :) And they like the SGS3 and they're not mean ;)
37. darkkjedii posted on 25 Jun 2012, 08:02 0 1
R u pro Samsung or just anti apple? I think I can guess.
8. Mitchel posted on 25 Jun 2012, 00:18 12 4
I'm pretty sure this phone will easily break 40-50 million unit sales after a year.. The upcoming iPhone 5 will not be as big hit as iPhone 4s interms of sales anymore, trust me.. Galaxy s3 has already envade the US market, as well as HTC One series.. And the upcoming G-Note 2 will babyshake the upcoming iPhone..
13. aahmed215 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 00:38 7 0
40-50 million sales is a big ask for any phone.
16. Mitchel posted on 25 Jun 2012, 00:45 3 2
It is not.. 40 million is plausible, i'm not sure about 50 million, but this phone will sell like crazy.. It's still not close to iPhone interms of popularity & sales, but it's slowly closing the gap..
24. Doakie posted on 25 Jun 2012, 01:40 0 0
Lol! I love the use of the word "babyshake" in reference to the Galaxy Note vs iPhone.
36. darkkjedii posted on 25 Jun 2012, 08:01 0 1
How do u know that sounds like ur jus being anti apple
41. bayusuputra posted on 25 Jun 2012, 10:10 2 0
not really sure, but i think this year is the year where the tide will turn for android.. and i have a feeling that iPhone will start falling down.. even here in Singapore, where majority used iPhone (8 out of 10), is now starting to see this trend, many people i saw during roadshows are trading in their iPhones for the SGS3.. and now i can see that 6 out of 10 are using either SGS2, Note, or SGS3.. and only 2 using iPhone..
9. Bluesky02 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 00:22 5 8
If it was less ugly, it would have smashed the records in 2weeks
10. Mitchel posted on 25 Jun 2012, 00:30 5 6
I agree, but this ugly phone outsells HTC One X in just over a month.. I found an article that HTC One X just barely surpassed the 10,000 unit sales since it was released..
17. lubba posted on 25 Jun 2012, 01:00 4 2
...and we know why. Its the uninspiring sense UI and old style design. Their R&D has gone to the s**tters.
18. Sniggly posted on 25 Jun 2012, 01:08 6 0
Haters said that the original Droid was ugly as sin too. Same with the DROID X. A esthetics aren't universal.
21. roscuthiii posted on 25 Jun 2012, 01:31 3 2
"The Samsung Galaxy S II has been the closest challenger that the Android platform has to the Apple iPhone in terms of unit sales and the sequel might even come closer to Apple's iconic device which is expected to undergo some major changes this year when the new model is launched, including a bigger screen size near 4 inches. That major refresh means that sales of the Apple iPhone 4S could slow down as we get closer to an expected launch of the 6th generation iPhone. Sales of the current model usually slump a few weeks before the release of the next model as potential buyers wait to see what features the new version will offer." ?????
How in the hell did this become an Apple article at the end? Mentioning a competitor, the current best seller, is one thing... this however detours into a different subject.
25. Doakie posted on 25 Jun 2012, 01:44 0 0
Well, when so much of the tech world becomes a drooling baby at the mention of the iPhone, you tend to work it into as many articles as possible to create more interest. Even when it's sort of out of place to name drop it, bring it up anyways, then run as far as you can with it.
26. matrix_neo posted on 25 Jun 2012, 02:22 1 2
Don't be surprised, just look who wrote the article. It's always expected, apple always included. Iconic iphone?! Lol
28. RoundBallmer (banned) posted on 25 Jun 2012, 02:23 1 2
If its not iconic then what? Iconic s3 or android? LOL.
22. GeekMovement posted on 25 Jun 2012, 01:33 6 2
People will always complain. I love my Samsung Galaxy S3 very much. I am happy, but still looking forward to devices coming out later this year too! As a Samsung fan, I am still curious about technology no matter where it comes from. So yes I am looking forward to the new Blackberry despite countless titanic stories, yes I am looking forward to the new iPhone despite many criticisms, yes I am looking forward to windows 8 products, and yes as always looking forward to new android devices as well from Samsung, Sony, HTC, Motorola, LG, etc. etc. etc.
In short, I love smartphones & tablets.
27. RoundBallmer (banned) posted on 25 Jun 2012, 02:22 0 5
History has told us that Titanic will sink and fake copycat products like those in China, Korea won't last
43. GeekMovement posted on 26 Jun 2012, 02:20 0 0
You should probably go find an iPhone-crazy website and join their forum instead.. I think you'd fit right in.
29. flipjzn posted on 25 Jun 2012, 02:55 0 0
If I get an SGS3 do I have to hack it to get custom skins etc? Or it already is good as it is?
Also, I really wish it has a camera shutter );
30. TylerGrunter posted on 25 Jun 2012, 03:28 4 0
It is good as it is, but if you don't like it you can customize it. There is not really a need to hack it as Android is the most flexible OS as it is and there is very little functionallity added by rooting.
35. hung2900 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 06:54 0 0
And Samsung's pruducts are the most flexible amongs Android smartphone (and tablet too).
No bootloader, quickly sharing the source code and the huge number of developers (which including some superiors like Supercurio)
31. Rocksteady posted on 25 Jun 2012, 04:31 1 0
What's wrong with you phonearena! This is the second time you delete a post of mine, all I said was that SGS3 wasn't cheap, it's a good value for the money and it isn't ugly.
What's wrong with that?!
32. xtian1103 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 05:31 3 0
don't confuse yourselves with shipment over units sold, carrier pre orders against units sold to end users, and prediction vs actual sales. samsung is really good in giving estimates ever since!
33. strikercho posted on 25 Jun 2012, 06:02 1 2
I really, really doubt they can sell 10 million. The GS3 offers not the best display, but it's with ridiculous size for a phone, a mediocre camera for a 2012 device, cheap-looking non-monoblock body and Android...no thanks.
39. tedkord posted on 25 Jun 2012, 09:23 0 0
I recommend Tucks Medicated wipes for that butthurt.
38. mercorp posted on 25 Jun 2012, 08:35 0 0
I wonder if the s3 will break the Nokia 1100's record.