Shin: Samsung on the cusp of announcing the acquisition of a mobile-related tech firm
0. phoneArena posted on 04 May 2012, 13:11
Looking to buy more R&D and specialist firms in the tech biz, Samsung is about to announce an acquisition of a mobile-related tech firm according to Samsung Mobile president J.K. Shin; Shin made his comments to the Wall Street Journal...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. jove39 posted on 04 May 2012, 13:23 1 4
Thinking...what kind of company they might buy...Samsung already manufactures - Processors, Display, Storage...not sure about radio equipment!
4. Rangers posted on 04 May 2012, 13:27 2 1
You need to read the article more carefully: "he also said that Samsung had no plans to buy ailing handset manufacturer RIM."
16. networkdood posted on 04 May 2012, 20:44 2 1
just joking - do not get your panties all bunched up :-)
13. pbui.818 posted on 04 May 2012, 16:14 2 0
Also said he's "looking at several *software* firms"
3. rg987 posted on 04 May 2012, 13:25 6 8
ask MR. SHIN , not to be shinchan and buy a company that knows about phone's designs too . bcoz their phones' designs are really bad . all that kills their phones are their designs
5. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 04 May 2012, 13:39 2 2
They said a software related company not a handset manufacturer.
17. Berzerk000 posted on 04 May 2012, 20:44 0 1
Why/how could they buy Motorola? Didn't Google already acquire them? I don't think Google would hand it over, much less so soon after the purchase.
12. BattleBrat posted on 04 May 2012, 15:15 4 0
I wish someone would purchase SPB, makers of the SPB Shell 3D launcher and incorporate it into their phone. I REALLY like the way it handles folders.
That smart stay function sounds epic!
20. samfrancisco posted on 05 May 2012, 09:47 1 0
Strong software firms will be acquired to build apps for Samsung's own SDKs like the S Pen, AllShare, and possibly the new ones - S Voice, S Beam, etc. This move would cement Samsung's lead over other manufacturers which only focuses on hardware and not the ecosystem.
22. pbui.818 posted on 05 May 2012, 16:01 0 0