Sharp's new Aquos Xx and Xx mini: ultra-slim bezels and Snapdragon 800
0. phoneArena 30 Sep 2013, 09:59 posted on
Japanese carrier Softbank has recently announced that it'll be carrying Sharp's two new flagship devices – the Aquos Xx and the Aquos Xx mini...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Finest (Posts: 51; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
I love my aquos 104sh been using for more than a year now still working perfectly. Japanese still and will always be the best
13. ˇಠ_ಠˇ (Posts: 39; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
No. As Albert Einstein said: "A surgeon about to operate on a wounded soldier would give him a bullet to bit on to distract him and make him less likely to scream."
3. iluvsonynokia (Posts: 36; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
I have never seen a sharp mob in real life,i like this model
7. DukeX (Posts: 323; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
The thickness maybe for good ergonomics. You haven't even held the phone. NEXT COMMENT.
23. shuimaranaman (Posts: 7; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Thats understandable, but Sony Xperia Z1 has a better camera, with a bigger sensor, and yet in a less thicker package. Im not trying to dispute the size cause I have no issues with it, but if they wanted to make it thinner, they could of. Also saying that, Sony had large bezel which if they changed the design to close to nothing bezels could of been thicker..
5. calim (Posts: 15; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Those bezels at 5.5" is going to make it a pain to hold, especially in landscape.
20. vincelongman (Posts: 351; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I think the tiny top bezel is going to make it a pain to had in landscape, they should have balance out he top and bottom bezels
6. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Slim top bezel as well, wasn't expecting that.
8. t1gran (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
/// the device is overly thick at 12.4mm ///
Doesn't the source say it's 9.8 mm (63 x 124 x 9.8)?
9. ArtSim98 (Posts: 411; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Concidering this instead of thee Z1! The mini version with IGZO is awesome!
10. anleoflippy (Posts: 170; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Sharp supplies the display panel for Sony so I'm sure the screen on this is great.
11. taz89 (Posts: 1770; Member since: 03 May 2011)
glad to see slowly more smaller screened devices with high end spec are being made.
12. aayupanday (Posts: 191; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
1080p for a 4.5" phone is an overkill...
14. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
The bottom bezel could have matched the top if they used on screen soft keys
15. poping (unregistered)
i'd rather call it ultra misplaced bezels...
they took 90% off from the top bezels and moved it at the bottom...
what a waste...
16. bachir8k (Posts: 51; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I guess volume rockers, side and front physical buttons will disappear very soon on new phones (except Iphones), this will achieve the minimal bezel sides, it will be cool but no clue if practical.
17. anGel_pLayer (Posts: 46; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Awww yisss... View as one page options is back...
Anyhow, those side bezels are awesome..
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4208; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The Xx mini though... My god that is a beautiful phone.
19. AfterShock (Posts: 530; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
From bezel design, I'd guess it be easy to hold with a thumb and inside length of index finger.
Still, it seems like too much offset, wonder what design reason for that was?
I ragged on HTC for this earlier but in reality I know we need some chin on the bottom to hang onto though not Leno's.
21. imMature (Posts: 49; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I thought it uses the bone conducting tech for the earpiece coz the top bezel is so thin.. turns out there's a tiny speaker hole for the earpiece. Hopefully the size doesn't take toll on the quality it'll produce.. But man.. the mini.. 4.5" IGZO Full HD display. Dayyuum!
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5177; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Why can't we get these good japanease phones like SHARP IN THE U.S.? such lovely designs