Sharp’s IGZO display will not be seen in 3rd gen iPads
0. phoneArena 12 Jan 2012, 12:03 posted on
A few weeks ago we reported that DigiTimes was claiming that Apple’s next generation of iPads would sport Sharp’s IGZO displays. Korea’s Electronic Times Internet News (ETN) is reporting that is simply not the case. It says that Samsung Electronics and LG Displays will be the LCD suppliers for Apple’s iPad 3...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. VinCrel (Posts: 39; Member since: 26 Dec 2011)
Quite ironic, Apple sueing Samsung for copying the tablet form factor or so i guess, and Apple will be asking Samsung to make screens for the same device they are being sued for?! Well, I guess, business is business!
2. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Apple is not asking.. is paying for them...
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2862; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Lay off the koolaid for a moment gallitoking you are completely avoiding the point.
4. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Is just that we have disscused that Apple has been trying to find other companies that wont copy their designs.. Samsung is the nest option.. but Apple has them on check right now...
5. JGuinan007 (Posts: 605; Member since: 19 May 2011)
So will the Ipad3 have a Super AMOLED Plus display with over 300ppi Retina display that would be one sick dispaly