Sharp starts producing IGZO panels for smartphones and tablets
0. phoneArena 13 Apr 2012, 13:30 posted on
On Friday, Sharp announced that it is finally producing the long awaited IGZO LCD panels that at one time weas expected to be included on the new Apple iPad; the panel;s are being produced at a factory in Kameyama, Japan...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
"a 10-inch 2560x1600 display" I wonder who will be using this panel, samsung anyone??? :)
2. xfire99 (Posts: 262; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Samsung have theirs own 2560x1600 AMOLED display.
New Ipad 3 are using Samsung 2560x1600 display.
6. xfire99 (Posts: 262; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
I never said ipad are using amoled.
Its Samsung who produce the retina display that are in new ipad and sharp/lg didnt make the cut. Im wrong about the resolution and just too lazy to look up for the resolution on ipad. =P
8. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
LOL, samsung said them self that they are not only provider of new iPad display so your argument is invalid
10. xfire99 (Posts: 262; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Oh yeah..read and give me a thumb up. =P
11. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
weel congratulations to sammy than but samsung said that they are not the only one so who do you beleave, samsung or some blog???
12. xfire99 (Posts: 262; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Geez, go and google and read the news. Samsung arent the only one, yes. But right now they are really the only one who deliver retina display to new ipad. Since Sharp and LG didnt got through the quality check.
14. rudlie (Posts: 181; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
LG and sharp can not fulfill Apple's demand and it's part of Apple's quality requirement. And what the embarrased thing is samsung produces LCD with LG technology. That's proved samsung's LCD technology doesn't go through Apple Quality Check.
4. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
samsung doesn't have 2560x1600 amoled display, they have 11,3 inch 2560x1600 display and it is PenTile LCD but on screen that large it doesnt make big of a diference because you are watching it from far away and iPad is using 2056x1536 display
5. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
2560*1600 resolution for a 10.1 inch display takes the pixel density to a whopping 299 ppi, thats truly awesome... .. nothing better than this we need as humans can see upto 300 ppi through naked eyes(but upto some distance)
7. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
You really have to explain??? People here at Phonearena already know the stuff you said.
9. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
@cepcamba.....u dont need to tell what people at phonearena know and what they dont................if the above info was not reqd b u then its fine, u know all that all then its very gud...........but mind ur own business and dont interfere into mine
15. rudlie (Posts: 181; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
With IGZO technology, we perhap next iPad will not warmer than using LCD from samsung.