Sharp Aquos SH930W 5-inch 1080p screen compared to One X, Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 16 Nov 2012, 07:02 posted on
The Sharp Aquos SH930W might not have the name of a ground-breaking device, but with a 5-inch 1080p display…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3037; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
A phone with a 1080 display using a last generation chipset? o_O
3. redmd (Posts: 967; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I dont undestand why do you need to compare 1080p vs 720p. should be this sharp vs droid dna.
4. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I can't see the difference besides the close ups, something I don't do with any phone.
5. McLTE (Posts: 721; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I fail to understand why companies like this put all that effort into a top end phone.. only to come up way short by dumping in an old processor.. or doing things like non-removable SMALL battery.. no SD slot.
Yes, HTC.. I'm looking at you.
11. ngo2dd (Posts: 886; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Drop the battery already it work just fine and is only 40 minutes less then the S3. Oh you talking about the Nexus 4 right? Because it does not have any of that
8. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
this is a sweet looking device!!
i thought this is the sharp that is made for russia with same 5" 1080p but with s4 pro chip... or is it another one?
9. blackspot (Posts: 102; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
Sharp, that is a nice looking phone. And big ups for having a removable battery as well as a micro sd card slot too.
10. dkreventon (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 May 2012)
1080p is basicly useless. Anything above 320ppi is already too much for the human eye to see at regular phone operating distance.
14. excaliburjak (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
wouldn't 1080p be use-full, if you were porting out your display to a larger screen?
17. Captain_Doug (Posts: 836; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Not really. You don't need a 1080P display to display 1080P content. It'll still show it, you just won't see the diference. However when porting to a larger/better display, you would see the difference.
16. Captain_Doug (Posts: 836; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Regular is subjective. 1080P is better than 720P and you can see the difference. If we couldn't see the difference, I'd understand your point.
12. turns3 (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
i love the sharp very much but it is the best regular phone
13. excaliburjak (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
why not just drop the "93" and call it the "Sharp Show"?!? (i think it could be catchy.)