Sharp Aquos SH930W 5-inch 1080p screen compared to One X, Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Nov 2012, 07:02
The Sharp Aquos SH930W might not have the name of a ground-breaking device, but with a 5-inch 1080p display…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. g2a5b0e posted on 16 Nov 2012, 07:19 6
A phone with a 1080 display using a last generation chipset? o_O
3. redmd posted on 16 Nov 2012, 07:22 5
I dont undestand why do you need to compare 1080p vs 720p. should be this sharp vs droid dna.
4. joaolx posted on 16 Nov 2012, 08:49 0
I can't see the difference besides the close ups, something I don't do with any phone.
5. McLTE posted on 16 Nov 2012, 10:12 7
I fail to understand why companies like this put all that effort into a top end phone.. only to come up way short by dumping in an old processor.. or doing things like non-removable SMALL battery.. no SD slot.
Yes, HTC.. I'm looking at you.
11. ngo2dd posted on 17 Nov 2012, 09:29 0
Drop the battery already it work just fine and is only 40 minutes less then the S3. Oh you talking about the Nexus 4 right? Because it does not have any of that
8. MC1123 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 16:53 0
this is a sweet looking device!!
i thought this is the sharp that is made for russia with same 5" 1080p but with s4 pro chip... or is it another one?
9. blackspot posted on 16 Nov 2012, 23:12 1
Sharp, that is a nice looking phone. And big ups for having a removable battery as well as a micro sd card slot too.
10. dkreventon posted on 17 Nov 2012, 04:12 1
1080p is basicly useless. Anything above 320ppi is already too much for the human eye to see at regular phone operating distance.
14. excaliburjak posted on 19 Nov 2012, 23:58 0
wouldn't 1080p be use-full, if you were porting out your display to a larger screen?
17. Captain_Doug posted on 30 Nov 2012, 15:44 0
Not really. You don't need a 1080P display to display 1080P content. It'll still show it, you just won't see the diference. However when porting to a larger/better display, you would see the difference.
16. Captain_Doug posted on 30 Nov 2012, 10:38 0
Regular is subjective. 1080P is better than 720P and you can see the difference. If we couldn't see the difference, I'd understand your point.
12. turns3 posted on 17 Nov 2012, 10:01 0
i love the sharp very much but it is the best regular phone
13. excaliburjak posted on 19 Nov 2012, 23:54 1
why not just drop the "93" and call it the "Sharp Show"?!? (i think it could be catchy.)