Sharp AQUOS Crystal versus Apple iPhone 5s: first look
0. phoneArena 19 Aug 2014, 22:48 posted on
Staring at the two, there’s no denying the strong attraction our eyes are feeling with the Sharp AQUOS Crystal. Quite simply, its edgeless display is an instant attention grabber over everything else – it’s just different, you know?
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Busyboy (unregistered)
I'd take the Sharp even though it has mediocre specs. Not the say the iPhone doesn't, but at least you can brag about the Sharp having the most screen real estate.
15. promise7 (Posts: 842; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I'd take the iPhone because the Sharp is on Sprint.
2. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Why are there pictures of the S5 instead of the 5s?
3. Busyboy (unregistered)
Because this is PhoneArena. Duh
6. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Nonono PA is when its a Sharp AQUOS Crystal vs. Samsung Galaxy S5 and there are pictures of 5s
9. mixedfish (Posts: 1137; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
You say that, whilst there is a Samsung Level audio sponsored article hanging on front page.
12. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Your point is? All it is is an article on Samsung. So?
5. AlikMalix (Posts: 4704; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
That Sharp phone looks amazing - best looking phone today - can't wait to see it in person. Hope this phone gains popularity to push my favorite brand to go bezel-less.
7. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
No contest -- the AQUOS Crystal is a far more interesting phone.
The iPhone 5s is a competent phone and probably a more solid daily driver than the Crystal, but it seems so old and stale these days.
14. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
iPhone 6 is going to feel old and stale the moment it is released. Same old, same old...
8. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
That phone is hideous. If you're going to make the bezels on the phone smaller, don't make the top bezel tiny and the bottom bezel huge. A good looking phone needs to have the top and bottom bezels be relatively close in size...
10. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The Sharp design makes some sense. More people hold their phones at the bottom than the top. It'd be fun to give this a spin and see how it works day to day.
I can easily see an all glass phone using laser-drilled micro-perforations for audio. With this approach, there really isn't a need for the bezels, especially when a material like sapphire can be used (i.e. a fingerprint scanner will work through sapphire). With an all glass phone, the display could then be centered better. Would be quite the looker I think.
13. medtxa (Posts: 1102; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
uncommon, still future phone could follow this design.
11. ikenvape (Posts: 167; Member since: 28 May 2014)
You forgot to mention that the 'measly' 8gb that the Crystal is packing also comes equipped with an SD card slot.
16. tokuzumi (Posts: 856; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
It sucks this phone is only available on Sprint.