Shadowgun: DeadZone - let the console-quality multiplayer mayhem begin! (review)
0. phoneArena 16 Nov 2012, 07:08 posted on
If there's really such a thing like console-quality gaming on a mobile handset, then Shadowgun: DeadZone is the closest you can get...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
I remember when I got my galaxy s3 a month back. I decided to play shadowgun for the first time. I concluded that the graphics coupled with Amoled screen were simply orgasmic.
7. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1057; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I am gonna play this sucka on the Note 2!
2. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
This game takes up 230mb of Ram, when playing the game
5. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
But our phones have a gig of ram. Looks like u have an iPhone 4S
16. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
But I got the quad core and the good graphics!
3. TylerGrunter (Posts: 757; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Good review, thanks Ray! I'll play it as soon as I can get a Nexus 4...
4. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Modern combat 3 and Nova 3 are by orders of magnitude bigger, more serious games than this.
This is more of a little tech demonstrator that can't be compared to gameloft shooters
8. ian132 (Posts: 28; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Gameloft shooters are terrible. There badly coded and always huge in size. Also MC3 is just a copy off of call of duty. The games also utilize way lower textures than other high graphics. Try dead trigger youll see the best graphics.
10. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This comment makes me suspect you either never played Nova or MC, either played them on a bad phone.
Dead trigger? Don't make me laugh.
Comparing a simple little concept vs a full blown fps
12. ian132 (Posts: 28; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
I've played both I remember downloading the first nova on my second gen iPod year ago but I'm sorry the graphics are way worse on Gameloft games. Nova 3 does have some nice lighting and particle effects but the environments just simple are comprised of the higher resolution textures that are found in games like riptide shadow gun , etc
9. nacho69 (Posts: 21; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Agreed. I downloaded this game and spent 2hours playing, but its lack of a customizable button layout, server connection wait times, and general feel aren't up to par with gamelofts offerings. NOVA 3 is a lot better in terms of graphical effects, customizable layout, multiplayer, and control schemes (either strictly touch or touch + gyro). Being a free game though, none of these should matter, but it still doesn't compare. I would still rather pay 6$ for a solid overall game with a campaign and multiplayer in one app. Modern Combat 4 for iOS and android will be released soon and I recommend that game for anyone who has a high end smartphone.
11. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I tried both and there's no comparison really.
Considering how complete and large gameloft shooters are, the graphics shouldn't be even put in the same basket
with relatively simple games as this
20. Ray.S (Posts: 237; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
It has customizable button layout, but the option only appears while you are in a game. While in an actual game, open the menu, and you'll see it there.
13. gaurang (Posts: 94; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
still far inferior to level of detail on console games....these mobile games will need more time to catch the quality of console games...
17. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
I have been playing it on my ipad since the past two months. Are you playing this on an iPhone 3GS?
19. mihaidenis (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
It's about Madfinger and not Madfiner....check your spell....