Several Apple services experiencing outages – iCloud, iMessage, more
0. phoneArena 20 Jun 2012, 13:50 posted on
iCloud went down about an hour ago. Apple’s official system status page states that as of 10:45 PDT, users may be unable to access iCloud services. There have also been reports of...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ilia1986 (unregistered)
2. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
It's because the Windows Phone 8 announcement was shacky, unfortunately Apples services couldn't handle it.
4. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Could be the result of a server error,general routine maintainence or perhaps when apple was doing their weekly spying and tracking of ifans icloud data they caused an outage,they will have it back soon no doubt !
5. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
maybe theyre at their suing limit for the month and had to turn off certain features to accomadate for it.
6. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
LMFAO!!! Or perhaps iOs isn't perfect after all.
7. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
introducing iOS's newest feature
now you too can wait for basic services to work.
patented.. now anyone who waits for anything can be sued by apple!
8. matrix_neo (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
So funny. I'm sure ifans will really be happy with it's newest iOS feature. Apple forgot to announce it last week, so sheep iWait for a week to announce it. Taco and gallitoking will be pretty excited about it.
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
iWait is a subset of the features included in iCan't. As in iCan't:
-Send your email to non-Me.com domains (conspiracy to require all iApple users to move to Me.com),
-Process iMessage traffic to non-iMessage addresses (further conspiracy to require all iApple users to have an AppleID).
-Upload photos taken with an iDevice to anything other than iCloud.
-And, and, and.
In other words, if you try to escape iJail, you will be hunted down and dragged back to iJail....
10. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Even though I have an iPhone 4S on my second line this is exactly why I will never give up my DROID and Android. iOS with iTunes and iCloud is too limiting and relies to heavily on network connectivity as it is, I can't imagine the frustration of the services being down even with network coverage. Moreover, this only reaffirms the need for removable and 'swappable' memory.
I would hate to be iRestricted to iCloud right now.
11. drodriguezsd (Posts: 35; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
I'm in San Diego, CA and iMessage, FaceTime, and iCloud still aren't working! As well as my friends & family who also have iPhones!
18. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you should ask your friends with android how text, gtalk, fring, and google sync are working.
the answer is wonderfully since they are not all tied together :)
22. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
because google has never had an issue with their services right?
25. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
so you got thumbed down b/c your services WERE actually working during the outage? LOL, smh so childish...these fandroids man, i tell you.
13. tedkord (Posts: 9915; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Guys, this isn't funny. It means regular folks out there can't use their devices.
23. kcombs (Posts: 275; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
you are talking about the "rich people", because all us Android people are poor.. lol
14. Astreo (Posts: 102; Member since: 05 May 2011)
These are the dumbest posts i've seen so far on this site.
16. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
the trolls are unoriginal as usual
17. BattleBrat (Posts: 1431; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
NOOOO! My Itouch is messing up on bluetooth and I need to back it up before I warranty it!
19. amazinghorse (Posts: 38; Member since: 14 Dec 2009)
I am listening to Nine Inch Nails right now. I haven't done that for like 9 years. I am not naked right now, though. I know that many of you will be disappointed by that. Servers go done sometimes. Siri was a pile of poop at launch because Apple's servers couldn't handle the traffic.
20. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
i seemed to be unaffected by the outage...but i don't use Siri or iCloud all that often. so Apple's servers have an outage - what's the big deal? Wireless carriers have them...cable providers...Playstation Network. Fandroids can't help themselves to take every opportunity to bash Apple. Its practically everyone who hates iOS posting on this article. If you're not interested in iOS, why do you have so much to say about it? The jealousy over Apple's popularity is off the charts from the Android community...& pretty infantile. I thought ya'll were supposed to be the smarter ones.