Separate volume controls, quick settings menu coming to Windows Phone 8?
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2013, 07:48 posted on
The way volume controls work in Windows Phone haven't changed much since the platform's debut. Basically, there's a single volume setting that applies throughout the entire system and to all installed apps – an inconvenient solution, as many WP users would agree. But according to rumors, Microsoft may change things a bit with the launch of the GDR3 update. Once the new software is out, Windows Phone 8 may finally get separate volume controls for the ringer and other media playing in any app...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
quick settings menu is desperately needed! and a notifications menu would be great!
11. akki20892 (Posts: 3412; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
notification is coming too buddy..........there are more features coming that we don't know right now........!!!
26. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's fine how it is! As long as it's smooth.
So it took them 30 months to realize that! What's next..... Unlimited multitasking which will take another 24 months. Then in 3 years time it will be like Android Froyo!
2. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 347; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Holy sh*t the list is getting bigger...
But i think that quck settings will be added in wp8.1
10. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 762; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Everything will come its just a matter of time.
she's just a gorgeous girl give her some time to grow her parts.:-)
27. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Surely it is. It will take a very ™Loooooooooooooooooooooooong™ time
19. ZeroCide (Posts: 687; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
anouther step in natural OS progress. Windows has had multiple volume comtrols for different programs since XP.
4. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2586; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Cool... Nokia Lumia 1520 or Nokia Bandit will show us all features.
13. akki20892 (Posts: 3412; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
lumia 1520 is bandit.
yep u r right lumia 1520 show us all features with bigger screen........!!!
5. papss (unregistered)
I have not been bothered by the same volume setting but would love a unified notification
6. sohayb (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Games, media and system sounds MUST have custom volumes. Adding these features is not a step towards android, all smartphones have essentially the same features now, but the differentiation is how to present these features and info to the user, the UI/UX combo which makes a platform more appealing. Android is way more feature rich than windows phone, but Windows Phone beauty is in what i already mentioned, its UI/UX
7. DFranch (Posts: 139; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
I'm assuming quick setting menu will allow you to turn bluetooth, cellular, wi-fi, among others on or off whithout having to switch between multiple screens. That would be cool as I have having to do to settings/wi-fi/click on/back/cellular/off/back/back, just to switch to wi-fi. In fact I wish they would make it 1 click to turn wi-fi on and cellular off. I don't think the notification center will make it to GDR3, as it was initially supposed to come with blue. I hope it does make the GDR3 cut, cause I want people to stop whining about WP not having it. Multiple volume controls would be nice as well, but I'd like to see more flexibility regarding notifications. I'd be happy If I could set e-mail to vibrate, but still have phone calls rign through.
8. McJobs (Posts: 106; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
Keep improving !
Android is not suitable for common users.
14. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 762; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Well that's depends on how you define "common".
22. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 852; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
McJobs.. what does that even mean? Your comment makes no sense. Please explain.
39. DFranch (Posts: 139; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Just a guess, but I think he's saying android is overly complicated, offering too many customization features, making it a tad slow, apposed to WP which offers minimalistic customization, but is smooth as butter.
28. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's called ™ not assured™
™take it with a grain of salt™
34. Credo (Posts: 693; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Hahahahah, when are you going to develope your own OS? with your own hardware? I would love to see that :)
37. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I wish I could..
Open source like Android
Every features taken from every Os and mix it in
Exynos 5450 8X CPU
Mali T678, PvrSgx 554X8 GPU
Carbon Fibre, Ceramic
120Fps refresh rate, current is 60Fps
100htz Flicker free
Carl-Zeiss Cyber-Shoot Pureview Camera
Dream come true
38. akki20892 (Posts: 3412; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
again u better make your own OS and own phone. u better like it
40. DFranch (Posts: 139; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
In order to get all those features, I think the phone would be the size of one of those 80's cell phones.
16. iluvsonynokia (Posts: 110; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Nokia should give priority to make changes in the ui,Nokia is Indians favourite brand but this ui setback them from buying lumia,even though sales increase here
18. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 762; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I think ui & responsiveness is the greatest thing on WP. My personal preference though.
20. iluvsonynokia (Posts: 110; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Win os ui is unique and responsive but every one can't accept that bro
21. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 762; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
That's y i said its my personal preference.
17. scumbledEGG (unregistered)
closing an open app during multi tasking??? btw, skydrive/o365 for android? and why does windows suspended google apps in their os, haha! security purposes??? I thing androids was made by hackers for hackers, haha! cheap/free apps=freebie viruses, haha!
29. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Android is Linux, not halfbaked Darwin Os! That no hackers are interested on hacking that Pos ™
31. gazmatic (Posts: 600; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
if you think android is linux then you are retarded...
you fit the name troll
i dont know why you're not banned yet
android is a bastardized version of linux that doesnt support GNU
Android is an operating system in which applications run on a virtual machine. They don't run on the kernel as they do in a GNU/Linux distribution
calling it linux is a slap in the face to linux users like me
maemo, meego, tizen, ubuntu, webos, sailfish, firefox... those are linux....
33. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
S60+ Android is Linux distributions.
I'm a Linux user to.
If your a Linux user why the hate for Android? Go Root your device on Dualboot and run Ubuntu
Banned for what?
I fit the name Troll™
Your new to PhoneArena®
Your a newbie
Not a Troll™ but a Fandroid™®©
23. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 852; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
They need to make these software updates available for older models or they will have the same problems Android is having and people will be more reluctant switching over.
24. AfterShock (Posts: 2798; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Good grief you mean this is just making it out now???
Three years it's been out and this is why I don't want it.
Transitions that mask delay an little control over most basic functions.
Call me a troll but lol that's sad.
Dumbed down for the,..masses.