Sense 5.0 coming to HTC One X, One X+, One S and HTC Butterfly 'in the next few months'
0. phoneArena 28 Feb 2013, 05:51 posted on
Answering a fan question on its Facebook page, HTC confirmed that its slick minimalistic new Sense 5.0 interface for its Android handset will arrive to its 2012 finest...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. frustyak (Posts: 197; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
My One X is thru AT&T, so I'm not holding my breath on this one.
2. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4237; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, the AT&T One X hasn't even gotten Jelly Bean yet, when the international version got in November. What's AT&T doing?
3. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
HTC One vs. iPhone 5 camera shootout surfaces.
Not good strat for htc one.
4. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4237; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Of course when you zoom it in that much it's going to look less detailed, one advantage of having more megapixels is that you don't lose as much detail when zooming. Otherwise, the One's shots are fairly decent.
And it says right in that article, "the HTC One is not finalized yet, so it's likely to do much better when it hits the shelves."
5. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
but about sense5 its exelent job by htc ..
my one s wait for change to new monster with sense 5..
tnx a lot HTC.
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4237; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, I was actually surprised that they would get Sense 5, and plus Android 4.2 will probably be brought along with it. I wouldn't expect it for another 4 months or so, that's a lot of software to optimize for a few different devices.
17. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I hope the video recording will be better... From what I see so far, the video recording quality really sucks... Way worse than my One X.
20. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4237; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The One on normal mode seemed to be alright to my eyes, it's the HDR video that looked pretty terrible.
But like many have said before, those samples weren't from the finalized model, the official production units should be much better; and if they aren't... Well, I don't know.
24. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Hopefully the official production units will be a lot better. Otherwise... I'll be really disappointed with HTC.
14. p5yb0rg (unregistered)
Props to HTC for continuing to support their older phones. They're slowly regaining my trust.
15. yougotkilled1 (Posts: 167; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Still no jellybean for that my friend.... very sad on AT&T's part... A little rooting won't do any harm though!
16. joseg81 (Posts: 183; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
same here my One S is with T-mobile. they still can't get jelly bean out of beta testing so i'm not counting on seeing this or any other update.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10208; Member since: 14 May 2012)
AT&T will update the One X and One X+ in 2017 and Verizon will update the Droid DNA in 2025. I wouldn't hold my breath for a second.
7. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
HTC forgot their other products like droid DNA, evo 3d, and other little brothers.:(
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4237; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The DNA is the Verizon version of the Butterfly, so that'll get updated whenever Verizon decides to do it, about 3-6 months after the Butterfly does.
The EVO 3D is a 2011 device, so I'm not surprised it isn't on this list. 2011 phones shouldn't get 2013 software, especially since Sense is one of the more heavy UI's. The EVO 3D isn't even on Sense 4, much less Sense 5, there's a reason for that.
All variants of the One X/S and the Butterfly should get the update.
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1948; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I am so happy HTC. Me and my dad can have a taste of sense5,I'm using one x and he's using butterfly
11. samsung_royally (banned) (Posts: 8; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
Eww Sense seriously? Thats the most disgusting cartoonish User Interface I had ever seen!
13. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4237; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Except for pre-2012 Touchwiz, LG Optimus UI, Huawei's Emotion UI, and Oppo's UI (not sure of the name).
Sense is also more polished, not cartoon-ish (pre-Sense 3 was kind of cartoon-ish though).
33. p5yb0rg (unregistered)
iOS and even the icons on the GS3 are cartoony.. Sense is much more refined
12. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
woaa woaaa. BIG SURPRISE from htc. u rock guysss. waiting anxiously now to taste the latest sense 5.0 ALL REDEFINED. cheers and good luck
19. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Well, I'll be looking forward to this update... 4.2.2 update here we come too?
21. Lboogey6 (Posts: 274; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
its a few months for the unlocked version the carriers will still take a few more months after that by then you'll hate your htc even more and you'll want the newest one and probably will purchase it i wouldn't really get all that excited its cool they are still thinking about their older devices but... i wouldn't get peoples hopes up until its about 2 months out at least i hate to seem like a pesimist but ...its htc
22. jeroome86 (Posts: 478; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
My contract is up in December. Will they have it by then? One x on att. By then I can get what ever the greatest phone at the moment.
23. Taters (Posts: 6327; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
No surprise here. The HTC One will get a butchered sense 6 update too once they scrap Sense 5 and start over, again...
25. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Wait!!!! what about the evo 4g lte!! Damn, guess I'm s*** out of luck. :(
28. xXMAKESHIFTXx (Posts: 38; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
For our sake I hope not I mean we did get Jelly Bean of course...but I wish they would not treat our phones like a bastard child!
29. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4237; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It's a variant of the One X, so I believe that it would get it. You guys are taking this list way too literally. The update includes these models AND all the major variants from them;
The Butterfly will get it, so will the DNA even though it's not listed.
The One X will get it, so will the EVO 4G LTE even though it's not listed
Though, the carrier may cancel the update for whatever reason, but that's not HTC's fault and is very unlikely.
30. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I think this version of sense is like android + windows.:)