Self-charging battery developed by Georgia Tech, uses your movement to recharge
0. phoneArena posted on 19 Aug 2012, 07:41
Researchers at GeorgiaTech have come up wth a self-charging battery that uses a person's movement to recharge; while not quite ready to be mass-produced; eventually a smartphone could be recharged by connecting to a wearable battery that recharges from the user's movements...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rihel_95 posted on 19 Aug 2012, 08:12 5 0
WTF! this means future phones are to be carried in boots, not pockets.
I love The Rock "Boots To A**es"
2. microsoftnokiawin posted on 19 Aug 2012, 08:16 5 0
i would actually pay whatever price for that
3. sarb009 posted on 19 Aug 2012, 08:21 5 0
It means its a lie," These boots are made for walking and that's just they will do " ?
4. itiswhatitis posted on 19 Aug 2012, 08:31 12 0
Decided not to read after 'polyvinylidene difluoride'
5. phljcnth posted on 19 Aug 2012, 08:47 5 0
I just hope future charging will not require me to put any devices in my shoe.
7. Savage posted on 19 Aug 2012, 09:00 8 0
One word of advice to the researchers at Georgia Tech- PATENT IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN BEFORE ANY STUPID-ASS COMPANY CLAIMS WE THOUGHT OF IT BEFORE.
On the other hand, it's a cool piece of breakthrough. Nice job! Would love it to come in mainstream use.
14. Synack posted on 19 Aug 2012, 14:54 0 0
Can't help but think of Apple when the words patent and lawsuit comes to mind.
16. Savage posted on 19 Aug 2012, 17:15 0 0
Naah man, I ain't digging at Apple. I said it because the tech guys invented this so they have a right to patent this. No one else. If any company buys or claims these, we all know what's gonna happen. >.
8. darktranquillity posted on 19 Aug 2012, 09:09 3 0
Battery that recharges with movement, battery that recharges in 2 minutes, solar battery......
But none of these gets implemented:-(
11. maryaaadil posted on 19 Aug 2012, 11:49 2 0
I think this is a good idea for charging an external battery pack or something like that cause right place for my note is in my pockets.........
12. Seannyc posted on 19 Aug 2012, 13:19 4 0
I think they created this battery to counter obesity rate in the USA. Maybe now people will exercise XD
13. Stuntman posted on 19 Aug 2012, 14:21 1 0
This is the reason Maxwell Smart has a shoe phone.
17. Glim12808 posted on 19 Aug 2012, 19:13 1 0
If charging is done through piezoelectricity, then it's the application of manual stress that creates the charging and not movement of walking per se. Its not the movement of walking but the pressure applied on the battery when you step on it that creates the charge.
19. Glim12808 posted on 19 Aug 2012, 20:16 0 0
Come to think of it, I believe we do more sitting than walking. We sit in the office, at school, in cars and school buses, in restaurants and cafeterias, at dinner tables, in front of tv sets at night, or computers, or playing XBox, or doing school work, or watching movies, or just hanging out. Maybe it's more efficient to invent a contraption we can attach to our butts to apply piezoelectricity on the battery when we're sitting! LOL!