See who the top 14 phone makers worldwide are
0. phoneArena 28 Aug 2013, 07:37 posted on
Many a battle have taken place since Apple introduced the original iPhone in 2007, a device that, regardless where yours or our loyalties lie, has admittedly championed the modern vision of what a smartphone is and could be...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JMartin22 (Posts: 1982; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Bring on the obligatory fanboy shouting.
2. ShenAlJoker (Posts: 113; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
Here's the first!!!!!!!!!! Nokia Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Here's the second, Sony rocks! Sony always make me believe.
26. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Tell that to the Verizon customers. It's like Sony/Verizon ignores us. Got to give respect to Samsung for getting their flagship products on all major carriers around the same time. At the end of the day that's how you win more customers. Note 3 won't be some exclusive out the gate.
34. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Here's the third, Samsung rocks !!!!!
Apple Sucks !!!!!!!!
Don't be an iDiot, be S mart ;)
85. ShenAlJoker (Posts: 113; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
Samsung and Apple all the way DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
88. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
So is the iPhone 5c.
78. the_best (Posts: 139; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
S mart is that like k mart, cous thats what samsung feels like.
Go Nokia and sony!!
15. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1476; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Not a fanboy but Samsung really is the king at least now. No wonder why it have so many haters.
and competition wil getl harder this year......
56. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
true said.........right now it's not easy to beat samsung....!!!\
Next year will be really tough........let's wait and see in 2014.
61. Sauce (unregistered)
Most of Samsungs chart stats come from old outdated flip/slider phones.
64. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
so ? you know that Samsung have 47% of the premium market beating apple for it right ?
55. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i'm seeing huge percentage of "other" there..........they r rocking.......!!!
3. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Looks like Nokia is hanging on driven by its feature phones.
Not a great showing for wp honestly.
12. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1476; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
+1 agree completely
and i respect Nokia's effort on WP.
40. brrunopt (Posts: 742; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
WP sales have grown quarter, after quarter, after quarter...
79. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
look closly nokia smartphone share alone is more then HTC and some other android smart phones shares
89. sgodsell (Posts: 3759; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
BTW these are sales for phones in general that include both feature and smart phones. Nokia's smartphone numbers would drop them near the bottom of the list.
5. JMartin22 (Posts: 1982; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I think it's long past due for a WP UI overhaul. I don't think that way sway publIc perception initially, but it would be a good starting foundation for them.
10. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Agreed, it needs a shake up before I'd feel I wasn't "Burnt by Ballmer" using that forced ui on me.
11. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
The WP UI is only 2 years old and it does look old. Sad part is that I haven't used it for more than 5 minutes because the tile interface turns me off and you just can't change it. If they allowed Android like launchers I might change my mind especially with the Nokia Bandit looking like the real deal.
Tile interface = No deal
Tile interface or custom launchers = A good start.
37. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Early in WP 7 life Microsoft allowed the device to be hacked but now they got those WP 8 phones locked down (I believe). I haven’t heard anything related to WP hacks/mods/unlocked bootloaders in a very long time. I don’t even think you can install unsigned code.
33. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1476; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I understand what you said even though i didn't get bored, actually the opposite happens BUT that's just me.
but a custom launcher or another personalization options would be very welcomed at least an option to choose themes (remember the old Symbian like). On android i can make my phone look exactly as i wanted i can even mimic WP itself. The customization part of android is very fun.
on WP its strictly restricted to just change tile color i can't even choose wallpaper its restricted to just black and white (at least give us some more color option besides Black and White).
Even i cant identify my phone with my cousin because we both have white Lumia and he sets the same color for tiles as i do(red).
but things may change with WP 8.1 or something near.
but i am truly happy with my WP . May be customization part may be weak but there is alot reason for me to stick with WP and as i said i didn't got bore with ui at least not yet.