See what ICS will look like on the Droid RAZR
0. phoneArena 20 Feb 2012, 10:47 posted on
ICS for the Droid RAZR/MAXX appears to be getting close to release, so let's take a look at what you can expect from Motorola's Blurred version of Android 4.0...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Not bad, but I wish they would have made a video instead.
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I know what you mean. It’s always better to see the OS in motion as opposed to just plain old pictures.
27. Vadermando (Posts: 6; Member since: 19 Dec 2011)
it is very good for slow conections like mine. i hope they keep using it in the future. thanks P.A.
2. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 269; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
Wow it actually looks kinda like stock
3. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
very impressive so far the best skin that is very similar to stock ics
4. pooked (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
Still looks kinda crowded and the settings menu with those icons looks so tacky!!!
19. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
There's nothing crowded about it because of the massive screen.
If it had a 3.5" iScreen iWould have to agree with you.
Besides, when you hook up a DROID RAZR™ to an HD Widescreen TV nothing can ever be crowded since, HDMI FULLY STRETCHES and mirrors the phone's display to TV; something no other phone or iDud can do.
21. bigboy029 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Jan 2011)
Awesome. I bought the phone, and immediately went to best buy and picked up an nice HD TV. Now i just cary my phone AND my TV around in my briefcase so that I never feel crowded. -____-
24. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Yes, and don't forget the HDMI cable; you can just tuck that in one of the four corners of your brief case.
40. bigboy029 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Jan 2011)
ah yes. i forgot about that. thanks for reminding me pal.
5. imkyle (Posts: 1044; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
This is how you implement you're customizations with ICS. Sammy pay attention and give us something good! :)
9. danwatson (Posts: 102; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
I'm not as worried about Sammy. HTC is usually who has a habit of making a completely new launcher with almost no similarities to stock. Sammy keeps some of the original.
17. imkyle (Posts: 1044; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Agree with that. HTC makes nice phones. Their build quality is fantastic but their Sense over ICS will be interesting to see.
28. jroc74 (Posts: 5271; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Yea....if you seen the leaks of the HTC Ville and ICS...wow... kinda hard to tell its even running ICS.
6. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Wow that looks really good, can't wait to get it on my phone. I wonder how much performance boost they have now, that's all that matters to me is how smooth the phone is running with this new update. Hardware acceleration is really going to be a big deal about ICS.
8. A.aoudi (Posts: 125; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
it is actually a good layout but i was expecting something a little more on the razr anyway you never know until you use it. Sense 4.0 is more appealing and Samsung touch wiz 5 is not out yet so it is a bit confusing now.
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Oooo! the King Like! ;)
i just kind of wish they would take the app labels away from the icons in the dock.
11. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it looks like stock with a lil theming. I hope the unseen internals are mostly untouched as well. that could bode good things to come for motos updates in the future. considering blur is probably the most heavily customized under the hood of all the UIs, if its not heavily modded that gives me hope for the other UIs as well.
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'd actually say it's on of the least modified. it's less modified than TW and especially Sense. it's kind of like what they've done with the Honeycomb experience and it feels good so i assume something similar is going on here.
13. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
u have a misunderstanding of blur then. Blur is by far the most modified under the hood, not graphically. blur runs through motos "blur servers" to retrieve mail, status updates, and all sorts of nonsense for the stock mail/facebook/ect options. No other UI does that. It also has added in exchange functionality that tops the other UIs as well.
There are a lot of positives about blur, especially for business use with all the extra modifications. Unfortunately, in the android world, thats a double edged sword when it comes to updates.
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh well i wouldn't say that's a big deal then as Moto usually updates their high-end handsets pretty darn fast. xD
25. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol.. yea if it says "Droid " on it.. lord help ya if it doesn't..lol
32. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
they haven't done bad with the Atrix. o:
29. jroc74 (Posts: 5271; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Its kind of a wash between Blur and Sense UI then.. cuz on top that is the most heavily modified custom UI.
35. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea, sense is definately the most candied out. lol. give me stock ICS!!! :)
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
maybe it'll be even better if NOVA Launcher gets slapped over this. o:
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i hope there's also some nice improvements to Webtop with this build too.
18. ArkiTech (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Anybody else notice the blacked out icon in the 4th picture in between Currents and Docs...could this be google Drive
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i didn't even notice there was a place blacked out. xD
that's a very good theory. we might learn more about the Razr's ICS update at MWC then. maybe it'll even get pushed then. c:
22. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
Sexy. Most impressed by the smoothness of ICS, web browsing, and multitasking.
23. jove39 (Posts: 1443; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Almost like stock...hope samsung learn something from this and drop tw from sgs2 ics build.
26. Leo_MC (Posts: 683; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
OMG, it's the kitschyest, kiddiest interface...
Sory, Motorola, I would have like it if I would have had 10-15 years old.
30. jroc74 (Posts: 5271; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I suggest you look at the Contacts icons and color scheme for stock ICS then.....you wont like what you see...lol.
Other than the Messaging icon smiley face...I dont see what you are talking about...
33. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
And even stock has a messaging icon smiley face. xD
41. Leo_MC (Posts: 683; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
It's everybody's choice to like or not to like Motorola UI; I chose not to like it.
Take a look at the 10th image: green wifi, blue BT, pink tethering, orange display (it's like candy icons on Symbian), not to mention the default wallpaper is a Quake print screen...
The f*bip, it's an ugly kid UI.
31. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
when tmboile going to get a moto phone dame
34. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
T-Mo does need a good, high-end handset from Moto. that's something i'll hope to see at MWC. o:
36. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea, we are definitely missing a good moto phone. Got my hands on a photon4g for the first time tonight. it was rather nice. Makes me wanna play with the droid razr. lol
38. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Razr is a billion times better. even the Bionic is noticeably better than the Photon.
37. frydaexiii (Posts: 1334; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Dayum, I wish I could have that on my SGS2...That looks like an extremely polished ICS
39. cthunder (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
Sweet! Now hurry up and get this for the Droid 4 and I will be in business.