See the all-touch webOS phone that almost was
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2012, 14:26 posted on
An advertising company has released a once top-secret video showing off the HP Stingray, a touch-only webOS device that was originally intended for AT&T...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MalakiMills (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
:(, if only this would have been real. My first smartphone was the palm pixi. Loved webos and still use it on my touchpad occasionally. Not sure if it would have kept me away from android permanently but I would have definitely bought it.
3. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
I would have baught it. I loved my Palm Pre2.
4. ojdidit84 (Posts: 457; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
I totally would love to have seen WebOS do well with a phone like this. I loved my original Palm Pre on Sprint. Everyone I knew that had the Pre left for either the iPhone on another carrier or Android since the Pre versions that came after that on AT&T were less than desirable.
6. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Actually looks pretty nice. I've heard that all the people that used webOS in the past loved it, but I've never really tried it.
7. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
This device had it been released around when Palm still around, could have saved Palm and Web OS instead of releasing a refreshed version of the same phone.
8. deathyyy (Posts: 101; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
I miss WebOS sometimes :( Definitely would have bought this.
9. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Yep, wish the idiots at palm would have gotten it through their heads earlier that their stupid chiclet button format needed to die 7+ years ago. But they didn't.
But have no fear! One of the guys responsible for webos GUI interactions is at Google now giving it the "card" treatment."
10. tedkord (Posts: 10337; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
If only a company with vision had acquired WebOS, instead of HP. WebOS was awesome, and had the potential to shoot to the top.
13. azri05 (unregistered)
i like its rounded edges UI. Looks elegant
14. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i hope webOS could rise again! i really hate that android,iOS and WP are replacing the old smartphone... the webOS, blackberyOS, and symbian OS....
i hope this 3 could make a market share again... maybe BBOS ans web OS only since nokia kill symbian...
i dont completely hate the Android, iOS and WP but i just hope that webOS and BBOS will be back on top too! and have a great competition!!!
15. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
So ATT denied the phone cause it didn't have LTE? So ATT killed webos?
Sorry I had to get in my daily conspiracy theory.
21. jtech (Posts: 101; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
AT&T killed webOS not HP! I knew it!!! It all makes sense now!