See the LG Nexus 4 in 360 degrees
0. phoneArena 11 Oct 2012, 22:39 posted on
You can't go a day without seeing some new pictures of the LG Nexus and a 360 degree view of the phone is now available for your viewing pleasure; without a doubt, this is the clearest image yet of what apparently will be the next Nexus smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. MeoCao (unregistered)
From the side it looks exactly like N7. Is that what they meant when they said Google will make N7 the model for all future Nexii?
19. hariprasath.j (unregistered)
But it doesnt seem to have crystal glass at the back. !?!?!?!
40. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
It just depends on what angle you're looking at it.
If you watch the videos about the Optimus G you can't see the crystal back from all sides.
2. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Sad to see that there is no LG's patanted back cover glass design, It's a beauty in Optimus G.... Should be a Trade off for cheap price
7. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 442; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
I read a post that they have patented the crystal rear design.
35. jan25 (Posts: 418; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
the Nexus does have it, the same back of Sprint's Optimus G. it only shows in proper lighting.
43. 90ninjas (Posts: 108; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
It has it. If you look closely you can see the small circles where the shimmer would be at the right angle.
3. Sharky (Posts: 131; Member since: 24 Jun 2008)
I have to say, LG has knocked it out of the park so far.
5. imkyle (Posts: 1023; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Agree. I hope Google sells it directly from their Play Store,
32. Mittal (Posts: 443; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Please tell me one thing
If a Nexus device is sold via the Play Store, can it be shipped anywhere globally ?
Is the warranty also applicable globally ?
22. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
yea im thinking the same thing, I just need to see what Sony, HTC, and others will offer with their nexuses before i close the deal on LG but this one is without a doubt a winner
30. Retro-touch (Posts: 264; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
If the price is around $400 unlocked I am buying this sucker, IF it comes with 16GB or more storage
4. devildlm1 (Posts: 71; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Aside from the design, what will be the benefit of each of the company making a stock android device? Lets see who shines in the hardware area. Nice phone though
6. Max_Boost (Posts: 60; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I surely hope that it comes with either 32 or 64 GB internal memory even if it doesn't come with microsd (8 or 16 is not gonna cut it for me), a decent sized (and removable) battery that would last me (at least) a day, quad core and 2GB of RAM. Otherwise, off to Galaxy Note 2 I go. :D
8. FoxDavis (Posts: 45; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
It looks like the samsung galaxy nexus to me (buddy has one). Even though I am looking forward to holding it in my hands. I am thinking of upgrading my poo iphone 3GS for an android. Never used and Android before so I am really waiting for a couple phones to be released.
13. dickwyn (Posts: 601; Member since: 07 May 2012)
welcome to the family, once you switch to android you will never look back again
14. imkyle (Posts: 1023; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
So many ways to customize your phone, your head will spin :)
18. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
consider a windows phone as well… the 920 holds against the android phones
42. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
thumbed down just because you mentioned another good phone that isnt android...pathetic fanboys
lumia 920 holds its own against both android and iOS
wp8 could be a real competitor
47. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
yeah im agreeing with what you said
or is that not allowed on this fanboy site
48. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
please get over yourself… i am not even a windows fanboy.. i dont even own a windows phone.. i just think the platform is nice and has merit
49. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
get over myself? what did i say thats wrong then
and i didnt call you a windows fanboy i said this fanboy site as everytime someone comments about windows you get android and ifans thumbing down etc
9. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
this phone doesn't need to be beautiful or whatsoever.
it just needs future proof specs & the right pricing ($300- 550 off contract)
10. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1053; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I would seriously get one if it was $349 off contract like the current Nexus. But if (and it probably will) cost a dollar more I'm not gonna be that interested.
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
It will priced at $399 for 8gb version I think...
16. wendygarett (unregistered)
$299 would be much favourable :D
15. sammyfan (Posts: 21; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
LG may improve it's position in global market in smartphones.. ALl the best LG..
17. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1379; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Only thing odd is the side mounted front camera
20. deuel_18 (Posts: 54; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Now there's the android smartphone...but wheres the smart tablet?
23. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
why nexus 4? is google trying to name is like apple? optimus nexus sounds nice!!!
but still i want a xperia nexus and razr nexus!!! and one nexus!!!!
24. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's for it's size category just like how the Nexus 7 got it's name.
26. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
eh... only 4"? the galaxy nexus is 4.65" right? a step down?
i dont think so!
27. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's not 4.0" it's between 4.0" and 5.0". they wouldn't call it the Nexus 4.7 or anything like that.
31. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
haha ok... but i think plain optimus nexus sounds good! :)
44. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
me too, it really just depends on if Google wants to go with a set naming scheme or if they want the Nexus Manufacturer to name it. either way is fine with me.
39. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2691; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The Nexus 7 did get its name because of the size, but I don't believe it's the same reason they're calling this one the Nexus 4. My guess is that it's because it's the fourth Nexus phone (fifth Nexus device). Anyway, the name is just tentative. I doubt they'll stick with it.
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'll admit after looking at it like this it's grown on me a little but i still think that something better could've been made here.
28. J1919 (Posts: 32; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
So nice to see LG on the upswing. I understand why they wouldn't put the fancy back glass on this. The Optimus G has to sell too you know ;)
29. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
When I first saw the back of the LG Nexus, the camera+led flash placing made me wonder and i was curious where their placing was, and then when I took a closer glance I laughed and saw that the led flash was shaped like an Egg lol I thought their placings were opposite Flash ^^^ Camera vvv
41. The_Innovation (Posts: 567; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
This doesn't have a removable battery, does it?