See photos comparing the iPad Mini to the Nexus 7
0. phoneArena 01 Oct 2012, 15:54 posted on
Take a look at photographs comparing the iPad Mini to other popular 7 inch tablets like the Galaxy Nexus and the Fire HD...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Cool! I like it, especially how thin it is. Looks really nice.
10. SERGEANT (banned) (Posts: 11; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Specially the iPad, with it's rear almost flat back!
13. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
i still like the flattened edges ipad more
29. MeoCao (unregistered)
7" is all about potability, iPad mini is too big.
N7 is King.
33. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
I'd rather have an 8.9" Android or Windows.tablet, not this ipod-big
2. StreetNerd (Posts: 700; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
wow, even tho Ill honestly never buy an apple product (just being honest) the ipad mini looks really good! and if i were to ever buy an apple product (alot of changes needed) it would be the mini instead of the 10 inch one...just looks hell of lot more convenient
25. wendygarett (unregistered)
Thank you for your honesty ^__^
It does look slim...
5. Captain_Doug (Posts: 748; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Maybe if it ran android... Does looks sleek though.
9. SERGEANT (banned) (Posts: 11; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
If only Apple let devolopers to able to change Kernels and Roms, Android running on iOs, just like the Nokia N9.
35. Captain_Doug (Posts: 748; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It might even run okay now that Apple hardware is a bit more capable.
6. Jphones (Posts: 233; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
yeah to bad it'll be higher then any other 7in tablet. Ha apple actually giving consumers a deal on anything highly unlikely. An minimal profit margins kinda the exact opposite of apple.
7. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Yes, this will do wonders for Apple.
It will diminish the big brother, but also perfectly complement iPhone's deficient screen size, and revolutionize gaming on iOS/tablets.
11. CreeDiddy (Posts: 225; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Here is my guess in terms of specs:
Display: 1600x1200. They will probably want something near the 250-264 ppi of the iPad 3.
Processor: Most likely the A6 processor rather than the A5X. The A6X will be for the iPad 4 in March/April. This makes sense to entice buyers to this pad. No quad core necessary as the A6 processor is faster than any quad core Android chips right now. Will be clocked @ around 1Ghz and variable up to 1.3Ghz similar to iPhone 5.
RAM: 1GB over 512MB.
Wireless and Cellular: Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) and 4G options
Camera: 5MP Camera back, 1.9MP front facing for Facetime
These might seem aggressive, but if these are the specs look for a $299-$350 price tag. If priced at $299 what a steal!!!
14. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
so you know for sure the A6 is faster than quad core S4 adreno 320??
28. Hemlocke (unregistered)
The CPU is on par with the S4, but the GPU is ahead.
34. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
can you provide benchmarks to prove that?
17. mozes316 (Posts: 142; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
That he doesn't know. I don't think it's the processor that is so fast, but the way iOS is optimized to it's hardware. Tweaked specifically to one to two devices.
I wouldn't expect for a Snapdragon or any other processor to run the same on an HTC sense phone as it would on a phone with Motorola Blur on it. Not to mention other hardware differences.
I think Google should really consider getting with a CPU manufacture and get their own optimized chip for at least the Nexus models. IMO anyways...
I would love it... lol
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
its gonna happen......like someone here said in another article........Nexus is the Future of android! and indeed it is...... :)
12. wando77 (Posts: 267; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Sorry to sound harsh but I just listened to that steve jobs interview and boy does his voice grate on you. He sounded like a little girl moaning on and on. It's also unbelievable the amount of rubbish that he spouted out of his mouth Such as "you need fingers 1/4 the size to use a 7" tablet" (that is only actually half the size of an Ipad NOT 1/4). By his calculations you would have to sand your fingers down to half their size to use an I pad then.
19. Zero0 (Posts: 582; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I can't imagine how small one's fingers would need to be to use a 4" phone...
24. techguy22 (Posts: 226; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
they gonna release a budget ipad. nothing more. the sheep will buy it because they dont know any better. it wont have nfc, a decent screen, good processor and it will cost more than 200 bucks. i cant wait for this thing to be announced.
26. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
im bettin it cost 400+...........350 minimum
32. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
well it wont be a surprise if this will turn out to be real!but actually i like it!
36. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6196; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Nexus 7 still have better PRICE POINT/Design. while the ipad mini still looks like A GIANT IPOD TOUCH. and it will probably be 399$ when u can buy a 2nd Ipad gen for the same price