See how Sony has been 'hiding' the Honami and the Z Ultra from prying eyes with the use of a masking shell
This whole story broke after developer Adam Outler posted a since removed photo of what he claimed to be an “unannounced Sony device”, likely the Sony i1 Honami. Such a timely removal of the photo off his Google+ profile has sure got us wondering whether what we saw is actually the real deal. The story certainly seems plausible, for a second photo of what looks like the Sony Xperia Z Ultra hidden underneath a similar encasing has been provided by the folks behind the XPERIA Blog.
Regardless of whether the above is the case (it probably is), it shouldn't be too long until we see for ourselves – if rumors are to be trusted, Sony's new flagship, the Honami, is to be announced on September 4.
More popular slideshows
This Samsung Galaxy F (S5 Premium) concept looks almost real
07 Mar 2014, 23:59
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
1. Allegedly masked Sony Honami
2. Probably a masked Xperia Z Ultra
1. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
That device is so gorgeous
stunning, awesome, beautiful....
4. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 536; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
HTC and Sony is the best when it comes to designs
6. juandante (Posts: 214; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
+1 maybe my next phone after Nokia N8. Only thing missing is maybe FM Transmitter, next if the picture quality is as good as an RX100 (rumours), the screen is perfect and as the hardware is indeed last gen, and running Android this WILL be my phone
8. dexter_jdr (Posts: 890; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
photos are not good if the sensor is not 1" like rx100
9. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
right and this thing will rock with triluminos display
13. pwnarena (Posts: 585; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
Really? How can you say that when the only distinguishing physical parts of the devices are concealed?
A Samsung, HTC, Moto, or Huawei covered by those paper/cardboard/plastic stuff would look the same, I suppose.
21. zhiae (Posts: 137; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
they say oohhh sony whata screen whata design whata futures
after a week
what is that ?
it is z ultra/honami .
oh i heard about it ,it was grait when they where about to publish it.
( the competition is harder that sony thinks they should got a lesson from Z)
comparing Z ultra with a 4.7 inch htc screen
as phlablet screen at that ppi and colors even z ultra will fall in
maybe AMOLED it is mater of a few Millimetres
thinking about CPU exynos is leader powervr GPUS and beautiful look as camera just put a camera that will capture a photo
2. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5472; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
man can't SEPT 4th get here fast enough
3. Kurai (unregistered)
Wow . . .even with the casing on, it's still more beautiful than the galaxy s4
15. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
For me it's like a rectangular brick in the next brick!
20. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 373; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
I think what MCrapp indirectly means is that the rectangular brick is even more beautiful than galaxy s4 lol. also, i dont understand the need to specify 'rectangular'; are there more shapes?
5. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4671; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh geez....September 4th, hurry up! I want to see the gorgeous Honami!
24. Shatter (Posts: 1747; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Knowing Sony it won't be on any of the US carriers and will carry a super high price tag.
14. Kurai (unregistered)
Nah uh . . . this is not a samsung article
17. solomonsteve (Posts: 71; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
wow...hahahahaha Sony Fanboys. i mean we can see only the screen of this device and u claim its so gorgeous?? how?? stop being childish and grow up
22. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 373; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
....have you seen the previous leaks by any chance?
19. zennacko (Posts: 167; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
They do it with cars already, even though it's not the most efficient way to hide things, we already know it's going to be a slate of glass, just like xperia Z, what is the big secret then? A new-new power button made of liquidmetal?
25. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2669; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Nokia phones are the most beautiful, and have the most distinctive design.. In my opinion❕
26. sam.7 (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
dude look at the bezels :O its 21st century and sony using like a arrow cornering into the phone's bezel? :O hope its a mask :-P lol