See a Nokia Lumia 820 shell being made using a 3D printer
0. phoneArena posted on 04 Mar 2013, 09:45
While the Nokia Lumia 820 lacks many of the fancy features found on the Lumia 920 flagship, such as the PureView tech or the high-definition display, it comes with removable polycarbonate shells available in different colors and finishes. What's more is that one can even make their own unique shell, as long as they have access to a 3D printer and the necessary software. Isn't that awesome? Sure it is, and Nokia didn't miss the chance to demonstrate the 3D printing process during the MWC expo in Barcelona using hardware provided by MakerBot...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. tusshharish posted on 04 Mar 2013, 12:01 2 2
i will buy one with sachin tendulkar's sign on it.............
4. Nokianhero (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 11:11 10 4
Lumia is amazing!!! Its can do everything other phones can't!!
6. Nokianhero (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 11:42 4 6
It is a lumia printing u dont see!? Cant wait for the new 720!!
7. PhoneArenaUser posted on 04 Mar 2013, 11:47 3 3
"It is a lumia printing u dont see!?"
Printing was made by 3D printer not by Nokia Lumia 920, so about what you are talkinga about???
9. Nokianhero (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 11:58 1 6
The nokia lumias cpus are so fast u can us it to communicate with a 3dprinter! :D
10. PhoneArenaUser posted on 04 Mar 2013, 12:00 3 1
It has nothing to do with CPU speed.
12. Nokianhero (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 12:07 0 6
Yes it has! Try with a Samsung with quad core, it won't work. Nokia is optimizing their processors, thats why lumias is top notch!
14. PhoneArenaUser posted on 04 Mar 2013, 12:10 3 0
What CPU speed has to do with ability to communicate with other devices?
13. PhoneArenaUser posted on 04 Mar 2013, 12:08 1 0
Also have you ever heard about Google ADK and Arduino?
In simple words using Google ADK you can connect and control Arduino (programmable microcontroller / prototyping platform) with your Android based device. And using Arduino you can make a lot of things even 3D printer, home automation system and so on and on...
16. Nokianhero (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 12:12 1 5
I dont think It will work, nokia is using the latest processors. u can't imagine if ever used a lumia!! They are so fast!
17. PhoneArenaUser posted on 04 Mar 2013, 12:19 3 0
"I dont think It will work..."
What will work?
Ok, I see that you don't have enough tech knowledge and understanding about what I'm talking about. :)
21. Nokianhero (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 12:52 0 6
Thats wrong! Tried my friends android once, but the cpu was so slow it even couldnt take good photos!
Android-manufactures dosent have the latest cpus.
Looking after a video with Eloop, he explains it so u can understand it! Hope I fint it
24. darac posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:01 8 2
Nokia fan retardation just reached new heights
30. clark posted on 04 Mar 2013, 20:14 0 1
I felt pity on you Nokia kid poor fanboy, you dont know what you are saying you just trying to defend your outdated Nokia crap. Grow up kid, study your lessons first instead having a kid discussion in here. Shame on Nokia that they have a poor fanboy kid like you. Just drink your MILK first kid then sleep 8 hours a day. Oh Nokia kid enough said!
18. Red-Pain posted on 04 Mar 2013, 12:31 8 1
dude you are embarrsing nokia fans, plz stop -.-
26. haseebzahid posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:27 4 1
i was also rofl at this new guy probably a kid
27. Nokianhero (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 15:36 0 2
Stop destroying our discussion, you are Offtopic!!. I dont think PhonArenaUser is a kid...
28. asseek posted on 04 Mar 2013, 18:04 3 0
lol u are the meant kid, not PhoneArenaUser, kid
29. asseek posted on 04 Mar 2013, 18:11 2 0
and btw what type of disscussion is that?
all i see is a stupid Nokia troll, posting nonesense... and stop, we don't need retarded trolls like you are!!
23. asseek posted on 04 Mar 2013, 13:47 4 1
are u smoking something?
am a Nokia fan myself, but all you're saying is crap, so stop trolling, stupid fan.
WTH CPU speed has to do with 3D printer?!!
8. hiBreed posted on 04 Mar 2013, 11:52 3 3
For example, no android manufacturer would provide you with free 3d models, and that includes samsung with replaceable back covers
33. MixMaster posted on 05 Mar 2013, 01:44 0 0
That's a smart made avatar you've got there :) it took me a few seconds to realize that the body of the sheep is the apple logo :) nice one!
15. papss posted on 04 Mar 2013, 12:11 0 0
While I do think this is neat.. That's all I feel about it. Nothing all that exciting but do like that you can make it 100 % your unique design
22. Nokianhero (banned) posted on 04 Mar 2013, 12:55 1 2
High five brother! Cant wait for The new lumia!! U going t buy EOS??
25. ogy_dogy posted on 04 Mar 2013, 14:55 2 0
Well I gotta see it first, nokia will have to go all out to beat its current flagship, the 920...
32. rgxVOiD posted on 04 Mar 2013, 23:49 0 0
Printing a plastic shell for a phone is the future?
31. phil2n posted on 04 Mar 2013, 20:34 1 0
Can't stop laughing about this Nokianhero... I realy love nokia but i'm openminded . This guy maybe one of the stockholders of Nokia..