See OnePlus One's bamboo and wood StyleSwap covers in these live photos
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2014, 14:53 posted on
Although it offers high-end features, including a quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, the OnePlus One will cost as low as $299 unlocked...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2024; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I want one of those, old school clear battery cases, with them battey hogging LED's
3. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Grass for the win!
I'm getting into this phone, wasn't sure after all the spec teasing but I'm seeing a good product for the dollar here more so then any other.
1+1 + N5(14) and I'm all set.
4. Finalflash (Posts: 2137; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It looks nice and all, but it might end up being too large, almost phablet territory. That thing is larger than my padfone infinity which I already thought was pushing the the size issue. They should have just not taken part in the large screen race and gone for something like 4.5-5 for this phone to appeal to a wider audience.
15. Mrmark (Posts: 190; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
with smaller screen comes thicker phone to pack all the components.
25. NexusPhan (Posts: 587; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
And whats wrong with that? These phones are too thin as it is. What benefit am I getting from this thinness? Nothing!
5. PBXtech (Posts: 1024; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Suddenly I want one of these phones. Nothing to come along until this has made me even ponder replacing my LG G2, but that dark wood backing is gorgeous.
7. rob5150 (Posts: 143; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
i agree, bought the S5 this past weekend and returned it 24 hours later. my g pro blew it away with speed and display on my g pro was multiple times better than the S5
19. luis.d (Posts: 271; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
You can buy skins that mimic wood and other textures.
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The OnePlus team is doing great work with design and attention to detail. I only hope they can really focus on manufacturing enough phones so they are available to buy without having to deal with the invite or smash-your-phone marketing gimmicks.
8. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 266; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
the price of this phone made other high end phones irrelevant...I love how these little new names started steering the market
9. Bioload25 (Posts: 213; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I think that,in comparison to the Moto X,these wood backs are much more appealing, because of the whole design of the phone,without any plastic sides,which make it look a lot more like a wood-made device
11. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 473; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Yeah, I didn't really find the Moto X's wood backings that appealing but these look nice. Looking forward to the denim and kevlar backings.
12. DnB925Art (Posts: 592; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I was going to get a Nexus 5 as a 2nd phone, but I might hold out for this. Then get the Note 4 as my primary phone once it is released. Note 4 and a OnePlus, gotta love the 5.5" and over size!
13. rallyguy (Posts: 617; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
It's a nice looking phone. I wonder if people in China don't put cases on their phones as much as other countries. There is obviously a market for customization, heck even the Moto X has the custom design center.
14. Ahmadovich (Posts: 43; Member since: 16 Mar 2014)
It's so simple to make a device like this yet again other OEMs keep using "traditional" plastic!
16. platformwars (Posts: 86; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I have a Question: Since this device has cyangenmod and not Google Android will it have the play store and other Google Apps?? if it doesnt then i dont think that it will appeal to alot of people because majority of them wont want to sideload apps and go to other non reliable marketplaces for their apps..
Can someone please confirm this?
17. hurrycanger (Posts: 1499; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
oh yeah... I would like to know, too. I don't know much about CyanogenMod but I just googled it and it said CyanogenMod doesn't come with Google Play apps and services.
I became very interested in this phone lately especially because of its price/specs ratio, but if it doesn't come with Google stuff and play store, I'll pass.
18. hurrycanger (Posts: 1499; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Oh wait. This looks like good news. Google apps present in this hands on.
20. platformwars (Posts: 86; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Thanks buddy... I'm looking forward to buying this one now.. :)
23. Amir1 (Posts: 291; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
my problem with removable backs is that such phones feel less sturdy and premium in the hand and are made of some kind of plastic which doesn't feel premium AND they also make the phone bulkier. i'd rather have a none removable back but the phone feel sturdy and premium, and is thinner, like sony flags or iphone, etc.
26. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3399; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The second half of what you said makes no sense. The S5 has a removable back. It's the same thickness as the Z2 & thinner than the M8. The S4 has a removable back as well. It's thinner than the M7, Z1, & G2. Do a little research before you comments that simply aren't true.