Second round of sales leaves 8GB Google Nexus 4 sold out once again in U.K. and Germany
0. phoneArena 05 Dec 2012, 09:08 posted on
After going back on sale after 5 pm local time in the U.K. and Germany, the 8GB model of the Google Nexus 4 is once again essentially sold out with shipping times in both countries showing more than a month's wait...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The new saying will be "I bet they'll sell like the Nexus 4". ;P
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
2. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Can't wait to see the sales on the Nexus 4.
11. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Numbers won't be spectacular really.
I think LG can produce 3-5 million units per quarter, at best.
3. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1514; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
When the phone was the 5th most sold phone in the UK after selling for just 1 hour... I think it's clear that the demand is huge, and that they can't cope with it. At least after Christmas it won't be shown permanently "in stock"
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
It will be In Stock, but with a 5+ week shipping time. :-(
9. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1514; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I hope you are right, but I'm not optimistic.
First batch: 13th November, sold in 15 min
Second Batch: 03rd December, sold in less than half an hour.
I couldn't even see the phone as "available" yet.
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
This is starting to be a joke. By the time the Nexus 4 is really available, the GS IV (5 inch 1080p screen, S4 Pro, 2 Gb RAM, LTE) will be shipping with no wait time. And the GS IV will have swappable battery and memory.
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
but no imediate updates cuz its not a nexus remember?
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Well, given the shipping delay for the Nexus 4, by the time an ordered unit arrives, the Sammy will have already received its update. ;-)
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
GSIV won't have S4 Pro, it'll have the Exynos 5
7. mydi.maus (unregistered)
some people might get their phone by end of jan. gees
13. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
any idea on how many have actually been sold ? its starting to look like the Lumia 900 "firesale"
14. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
well i guess we're gonna have to wait to the quarter to end to see the sales numbers...