Second round of sales leaves 8GB Google Nexus 4 sold out once again in U.K. and Germany
Google called it sold out and refused to accept any orders for the unit. To understand the popularity of the model, you have to appreciate that at $299 off-contract, the 8GB Google Nexus 4 represents great value. Meanwhile, at $349, the 16GB version is still in stock, or perhaps we should just say that Google is still accepting orders for this version in the two European countries, which will ship in 5 to 6 weeks. And to be clear, the 16GB variant offers just as much value for its price, if not more, than the 8GB model.
Once the dust settles and demand cools for the Google Nexus 4, we'd love to see some sales figures for the device to see how strong the demand really was for the phone, or if Google just wasn't prepared for the deluge in orders it was hit with.
1. Izzy_V posted on 05 Dec 2012, 09:12 7 0
The new saying will be "I bet they'll sell like the Nexus 4". ;P
11. darac posted on 05 Dec 2012, 10:21 0 0
Numbers won't be spectacular really.
I think LG can produce 3-5 million units per quarter, at best.
3. TylerGrunter posted on 05 Dec 2012, 09:13 2 0
When the phone was the 5th most sold phone in the UK after selling for just 1 hour... I think it's clear that the demand is huge, and that they can't cope with it. At least after Christmas it won't be shown permanently "in stock"
6. Droid_X_Doug posted on 05 Dec 2012, 09:17 0 0
It will be In Stock, but with a 5+ week shipping time. :-(
9. TylerGrunter posted on 05 Dec 2012, 09:31 0 0
I hope you are right, but I'm not optimistic.
First batch: 13th November, sold in 15 min
Second Batch: 03rd December, sold in less than half an hour.
I couldn't even see the phone as "available" yet.
4. Droid_X_Doug posted on 05 Dec 2012, 09:16 0 0
This is starting to be a joke. By the time the Nexus 4 is really available, the GS IV (5 inch 1080p screen, S4 Pro, 2 Gb RAM, LTE) will be shipping with no wait time. And the GS IV will have swappable battery and memory.
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 05 Dec 2012, 09:18 0 0
but no imediate updates cuz its not a nexus remember?
15. Droid_X_Doug posted on 06 Dec 2012, 00:43 0 0
Well, given the shipping delay for the Nexus 4, by the time an ordered unit arrives, the Sammy will have already received its update. ;-)
12. Berzerk000 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 10:31 0 0
GSIV won't have S4 Pro, it'll have the Exynos 5
7. mydi.maus posted on 05 Dec 2012, 09:18 0 0
some people might get their phone by end of jan. gees
13. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 05 Dec 2012, 11:09 0 0
any idea on how many have actually been sold ? its starting to look like the Lumia 900 "firesale"
14. aokde posted on 05 Dec 2012, 14:16 0 0
well i guess we're gonna have to wait to the quarter to end to see the sales numbers...