Second quarter could show the first year on year decline in Apple iPad sales
0. phoneArena 25 May 2013, 08:18 posted on
After almost three years of dominating the tablet industry, the Apple iPad has seen its hold on the market start to crack; according to KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, shipments of Apple's slate may show a year-over-year decline for the current quarter. This has never happened before to the iPad and Kuo expects to see a sequential decline in shipments from the first quarter as well...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
77. Droiddoes (unregistered)
No, I actually didn't read any of that. I do however have a good hearty chuckle every time you have a meltdown and spend 3 hours writing out a wall of text full of spelling and grammatical errors that no one is going to read.
Now be a good meathead and go find something heavy to lift.
79. darkkjedii (Posts: 19143; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nope you read it LMAOOOOO. Now be MY good obedient puppy troll, and think of a good comment for this. Run along now boy.
84. Droiddoes (unregistered)
LOL no I really didn't. I never read your wall o' text meltdowns, just laugh at the fact you take it so seriously and I got you THAT riled up. Not that there's any real difficulty in manipulating a meathead.
89. darkkjedii (Posts: 19143; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
C'mon droid is that the best you can do dude? Wowww dude you used to be so much more entertaining man. SMDH well I guess it's time to move on, you bore me now. LMAOOOOO later bro
90. Droiddoes (unregistered)
I really did not, I assure you. Are we just going to do "I know you are but what am I" all day? I get that that's probably your trump card and the absolute extent of you debate skills, but come on try and use your brain for something other than "gee can I lift this?" Welp, always a pleasure, see you next time you want to pick a fight and make a complete ass of yourself.
And I'm still not your bro.
91. darkkjedii (Posts: 19143; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Bye puppy. You've gotten boring have some fresh material for the new articles please.
72. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Thank you, I had to say something since, I didn't see you around when all this iMadness started.
37. tedkord (Posts: 9687; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Not sure if you are replying to me, but if you are, there are apps that replicate smart stay or smart rotate? Or direct call?
40. bucky (Posts: 2429; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Wasn't replying to you (at least I don't think so) those are cool but isn't everyone turning those off because of battery drain, lag and inconsistency? The only one I like is the direct call.
42. tedkord (Posts: 9687; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I've had no issues with any on my GS3. All work perfectly, no lag or noticeable battery drain. I read lots of long, text heavy pages, and not having the screen time out while I'm reading is invaluable.
21. jroc74 (Posts: 5965; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
One mans gimmick is another mans useful feature....
59. zekes (Posts: 229; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
well i really dont i just run every day and eat very little like some days i have 1 meal a day
62. darkkjedii (Posts: 19143; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Cool physique dude. I train 5 heavy days a week, so I like you know what it takes to stay in shape. I run too.
65. zekes (Posts: 229; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
o know its sounds dumb but drank a lot of apple juice it gets ur system clean well 4 me lol and very strong coffee like really dark it gets the job done BUT dont leave the house lol because the s**ter comes in handy
71. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Well, apparently, your training is not paying off; you look 'bout as pudgy as Mrs Butterworth!!
Oh, and you run too; yeah I bet you run back and forth all day to Starbucks to use your iPad.
92. zekes (Posts: 229; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
lmao well um cool BUT MEN LOVE ME so does women and my bf loves my body but thx
93. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
See, I wasn't talkin' to you, I was replying to post #62, Darkk & Ugly Jedii -
we all knows' yo' MAN LOVES yo' body ...
(So does Darkk&UglyJedii even though someone told him he was 'dark&lovely' ... lol
Keep up the good hard muscles !!!
32. raihansazal (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
How to transfer a picture or song via blutooth in any apple product????
52. Droiddoes (unregistered)
57. Ninetysix (Posts: 2286; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Is your search engine broken? A simple search will give you plenty of answers.
60. Droiddoes (unregistered)
20. jroc74 (Posts: 5965; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
IPad mini and other good tablets out there. Simple.
Seriously.....I wouldnt have even attempted the iPad mini unless I was prepared to lose sales of the bigger iPad. This makes about a handful of predictions that ppl inside and outside Apple got wrong:
No ones going to buy a big phone....boy was Jobs wrong on that one.....
7" tablets are DOA....see above....
The iPad mini wont cannibalize sales from the bigger iPad. Analysts picking up where Jobs left off with the predictions.... different ppl, same results....
24. Droiddoes (unregistered)
LOL. Good to see people wising up and not supporting apples strategy of "let's sell them pretty much the exact same thing year after year". They'll either have to adapt or die, or hey they can always sue someone.
25. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
People finally realize all iPad looks the same
44. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Expect more LITIGATION with drop in market share.
50. Suo.Eno (Posts: 470; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
I'm an Apple critic. Not the most vocal one and not a hater. That being said I'll offer these "easy" recommendations for Apple to remedy their upcoming iPads' challenge:-
1. Everyone including this side of Android here knew too well that the iPad Mini was risky to the og iPad itself. 1st time it came out I was a bit shocked that the iPad 4th gen despite getting the REAL innovation in; A6X SoC got relegated 2nd to the Mini's PR and marketing just for the sake of pushing it. Even more pronounced were the 128Gb ver "ninja intro" right after probably someone got the Surface Pro jitters. So to start with; kill off both the Wi-Fi/Wi-Fi+cell 16Gb iPads and rethink the RRPs all the way to the 128Gb models. x86-64 are getting better too what w/ the upcoming Intel Haswell, Silvermont and AMD Temash, Kabini more efficient SoCs. Real rivals w/ seriously growing muscles are coming and they're not just Win 8 or RT ones. Android can run on those too.
2. Sooner rather than later I don't see how Android 7"s can't or won't keep up to the iPad Mini. I don't even like say a Nexus 7 (more of a nex10 man) but don't deny it look at its success. And then there's the non-Nexus alternatives such as Samsung, Acer, Asus and hell even some quality Chinese OEMs are putting out nex7's killers as we speak.
3. iOS 7 needs to be more than just black, white and flat. How about just letting in some more customization options for the users? That's all and call that a day?
/S II GT-I9100G (world's best AOSP supported S II ;p), Android 4.2.2, Slim Beam 4.2.2 build 5.7 Weekly user.
63. tedkord (Posts: 9687; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I agree with most of what you said, but would add devote more resources to advancing your products, and less to suing everyone over stupid things.