Second quarter could show the first year on year decline in Apple iPad sales
0. phoneArena 25 May 2013, 08:18 posted on
After almost three years of dominating the tablet industry, the Apple iPad has seen its hold on the market start to crack; according to KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, shipments of Apple's slate may show a year-over-year decline for the current quarter. This has never happened before to the iPad and Kuo expects to see a sequential decline in shipments from the first quarter as well...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 540; Member since: 07 May 2012)
great news for apple,now come with something new and not the same "the new ipad" with the same look and software updates
10. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Forget anything new except for a robbery from Android...... as usual
17. lyndon420 (Posts: 4455; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
What? Apple won't create anything new, but Google is going to somehow steal it anyway? Just kidding....I know what you meant.
70. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
You mean stolen statusbar and almost every new feature iOS5,6 stolen from Android? Deal with that...... almost Every new feature of iOS is a robbery from Android, just search in Google:
"ios5 rip-off android"
Deal with that :-)
81. darkkjedii (Posts: 21680; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Normally you count everything out. What happened?
23. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
What does the world expect? The 5th ipad in 3 years and all 5 are $500 plus and pretty much the same thing. Ya, all the iSeeps have theirs (so no one else is buying them now) and even they are sick of plunking down another $600 for the same ol same ol iPad
36. Droiddoes (unregistered)
That's the wrongest thing I've heard all day.
39. amiaq (Posts: 509; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Yeah!! Android are stealing apple customers!! What are you going to do about it?
19. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Apple still has a chance with the iPhone brand but the tablets will never have the same domination. While I see Apple releasing a $200 on contract 5" iPhone (within the next 3 years; lol) I don't see Apple wanting to price battle with Android. Google does it better at a cheaper price.
35. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Tim Cook already said the iPhone screen will not get bigger
38. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Yup. Just another example of apple REFUSING to listen to what their customers want, and TELLING them what apple feels they need.
Which is fine by me, I am very curious to see just how far their stock can drop.
64. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I"m with you all the way!
Apple deep down south!
69. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Isnt steve jobs already said 3.5 inch is ideal size for phones and doesnt want to make it bigger ?
75. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Jobs is dead and buried, who gives a f*ck what he thought?
80. darkkjedii (Posts: 21680; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're alive, and no one gives a crap what you think. Yeah yeah yeah meathead, cartoon life, no job family or friends, only happiness is being hated on PA. Did I get it all?
82. Droiddoes (unregistered)
LMAO, damn kid I got RIGHT under your skin didn't I? SO MUCH butthurt. Drink a juice box and go lift something heavy. Lift it out, Tiny.
85. darkkjedii (Posts: 21680; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No you could never get under my skin. It's just so much fun having you try, and I'll be enjoying it every time you post. I just like manipulating you, it's really funny making you think of stuff to say. Now get to it.
87. Droiddoes (unregistered)
OK pal, keep telling yourself that. You'll enjoy it right up until the point you Hulk out and have another meltdown LOL
2. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
I am waiting for ios7
High hopes set
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You better set your hope to Medium, don't set it too high.
I'm waiting for the iOS 7 as well and my hope is medium because I don't want to get too disappointed if something disappointing happens. If you know what I mean.
Medium hope set.
7. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Ah i see, just like the announcemnt of galaxy s4. The expectations were too high..
The recent concept render of ios7 was really sexy and classy. If any android manufacturer can produce something like that, i will be a hardcore fanboy.. i just cant figure out why these android manufacturers do not want to move away from traditional stock android style.. i mean there are android launchers out there with classy and different look, example the buzz launcher, the homepacks are really classy :)
14. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes, I agree with you, the recent concept render of iOS 7 was really sexy and classy.
Android manufacturers don't want to move away from traditional stock Android style is because........Well, you know how to say "traditional stock Android style" right? Android manufacturers don't want to move away because stock Android is Android's own traditional style. That's why Android is the best because it is highly customizable, if you don't like stock Android or the manufacturer's own UI, you can customize it with many launchers.
I hope you will get what I mean. lol My english is not so good..
15. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Yah you're right. Im just looking for an android manufacturer that will give something different so that "first touch and look will BOOm impress me " haha
5. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 540; Member since: 07 May 2012)
seriously,your giving the guy a thumbs down because he is waiting for ios 7 and have high hopes set,get a life idiots
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Not me, I gave him a thumbs up.
9. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Ask doctor who. Comment #3 haha
66. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And looks like you're one of them? Well you actually are!
You're the "Drone " ! Not us, you i$???p™
12. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Hopes just for a colour change and another row of icons? :-)
13. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 808; Member since: 11 May 2013)
S***.. When can people learn to wait before throwing anything?
If it will just be a simple color change and another row of icon( which i doubt because they will stick with 4inchs display) then meH!
But Apple should've learned something now and making difference