Second look at image on Nokia site suggests a QWERTY equipped Asha model will be announced on Wednesday
0. phoneArena 22 Apr 2013, 08:33 posted on
After looking more closely at an image on Nokia's own site that we showed you this morning, it would seem to indicate that the Finnish based handset manufacturer is going to be taking the wraps off of a QWERTY equipped phone; Nokia is making an announcement at 7am GMT on Wednesday morning which seem to indicate that whatever device is being unveiled, it will be for Europe and Asia...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
BINGO! A QWERTY equipped Nokia Asha!
8. AmitMajumder (Posts: 172; Member since: 21 May 2012)
Might be a Lumia with qwerty keyboard?
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Maybe.........but a Lumia with QWERTY keyboard doesn't match at all, in my opinion. :)
15. cdgoin (Posts: 409; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Ashas' already have QWERTY keyboards :
That said... the typeset on the keys of the 205 look like the pictures.
So sure its an improved Asha 205.
REALLY REALLY wish it comes as a WP though..
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Of course I know the Ashas already have QWERTY keyboards!
Can't you see the 'BINGO' word? It means that I'm right, Nokia is making a new QWERTY equipped Nokia Asha!
2. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
New Square Asha Devce with cool features..........!!! and maybe NL928 also
3. Diego! (Posts: 536; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
That arrow is very "Windows Phone-like", could it be a tablet?
5. aguilitas (Posts: 8; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
not really, the arrow is already common to asha models... a nokia tablet would be really neat though
6. superstar (Posts: 30; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Bring back the E series lumia E7 would be cool
9. Kriksis (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
waiting for exactly that to upgrade from my E7...
10. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
You know what, even Nokia design Asha phones looks beautiful
11. Stephedojobs (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
I rather choose the Nokia Asha than a Lumia.
13. aco96 (Posts: 231; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
I would like to see a high-end version of Nokia E7 :)
14. cdgoin (Posts: 409; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
OK if Nokia is abandoning Symbian, but they are still making the Asha platform.. what is Asha running on..? If not WP ?
16. aco96 (Posts: 231; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Ashas are feature phones, not smartphones. They run Nokia's Series 40 software.
21. cameogt (Posts: 88; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
series 40 is a symbian java-based platform.
18. cdgoin (Posts: 409; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Whats the difference between series 40 and symbian at this point..?
22. Stuntman (Posts: 828; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
If it weren't for SwiftKey, this might make me switch if it is a landscape slider.