Second generation Nexus 7 tablet shipping this month with a high-res display made by AUO
0. phoneArena 24 May 2013, 03:27 posted on
Supply chain sources have hinted that the panel for this year's 7-incher from Google and Asus will be produced by AU Optronics, the same guys that have reportedly landed orders for the next-gen iPad mini. The second-gen Nexus 7 tablet is expected to be announced by the end of this quarter, and feature a high resolution low-temperature polysilicon (LTPS) display...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Are you in the comment section without reading the title already?
13. sharks (Posts: 194; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Are you aware that there's actually a typo in the title?
23. Igneel (unregistered)
It's not a typo. The order is shipped to Asus(probably) in this month. So. yep.. it's not a typo.
24. Igneel (unregistered)
Okay, my bad. I just read the title again and it is twisted.
9. Galen20K (Posts: 525; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
I believe they mean the display panels are shipping to AUSUS this month, but the actual next generation Nexus 7 will ship later in a few weeks. They just worded it wrong.
8. jromy (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
Me too! But I think the announcement on June and available on July? Kinda confusing lol
3. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Enforcing its position as the best 7inch tablet I see....well done google and asus!!
6. a961009 (Posts: 120; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
It would be better if LG Display is used...
7. Hammerfest (Posts: 378; Member since: 12 May 2012)
A 7" tablet with 1920x1200?
No joke here, I will be buying if thats the case, 16:10 at that resolution... my 17" with 1920x1200 just shat itself!
12. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
My bet would be tegra 4
With the combination:
tegra for nexus 7
Snapdragon for Nexus phones
Samsung for nexus 10
Google hast most popular chips covered but we could see snapdragon instead on all devices, as it seems to be doing a great job
15. yonith (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
A tegra 4 would be amazing but I'm doubting that will happen. I'm thinking they will use the Snapdragon S4 Pro (APQ8064) for 2 reasons. First, it has the Adreno 320 which is good enough for 1080p. Second, with the new Snapdragon 600 out, these chips are probably cheap enough for such a low cost tablet.
18. imkyle (Posts: 1051; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
S4 Pro is good enough for me with a price tag of $199 :)
20. FlushGordon (unregistered)
nobody wants it....
16. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Snapdragon S4 Pro w/2GB RAM rumored. It's perfectly okay, nothing more nothing less. Big, BIG question about the actual quality of the screen and battery life though.
17. Captain_Doug (Posts: 933; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I really wish they would make an 8 inch Nexus tablet.
19. yonith (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Am I the only one that wishes a 4:3 screen would get released? I understand that it's not optimal for videos, but I, and I assume many others, mainly use a tablet for browsing the web.
26. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7039; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Good thing I skipped the first nexus tablet. Bring in the NEW.