Searches for the Nokia Lumia 920 surge following release of the wedding day fight ad
0. phoneArena 04 May 2013, 01:15 posted on
The incredibly funny and still true-to-life ad from Microsoft depicting a fight between Apple iPhone 5 users and what is supposed to be Samsung Galaxy S4 users has become a major hit on television and at moive theaters across the country; thanks to the ad, which shows users of the Nokia Lumia 920 apparently above all of the childish fighting, interest in the Nokia Windows Phone 8 flahship has surged...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. KParks23 (Posts: 459; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Yeah the samsung guy going weeeee gets me every time!
32. joey_sfb (Posts: 3140; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I hope they could produce a better ad soon. This is like one of those bad Samsung ad.
The tease need to be subtle, a touch of familiarity. Not too out of this world.
This ad is like the Naked Gun episode 500
70. snowgator (Posts: 3277; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I know you men the "Naked Gun" reference as a bad thing, but considering the type of ad, and considering in my household the first "Naked Gun" is freaking classic, It is an unintended nod to the home run this spot is.
72. joey_sfb (Posts: 3140; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I walk out of the Naked Gun movie. The first and only movie which I did walk out from and I am not alone in the act.
Guess, our culture is not use to the type of humor but I acknowledge that its indeed funny for some people.
No hard feeling. I just say it as I meant it.
73. snowgator (Posts: 3277; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Oh, I know it is stupid, low brow comedy. No offense taken.
It is just my kind of stupid, low brow comedy!!
67. akki20892 (Posts: 3623; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i like that siri guy, that uncle keep saying "Learn karate"....."karate"
33. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
this is the best ad to describe the current situation in the mobile industry! HAHAHA the ad is way toooooo funny!
35. joey_sfb (Posts: 3140; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Agreed that mobile industry is a cut throat business. Still more players will join in and its far from saturation.
The major players in the Chinese market are gearing up for their international launch.
More choices, cheaper phoneset, overall good for the consumer.
66. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
It almost is, they need to add HTC fanboys then it'd be pretty accurate
61. night_elf (Posts: 38; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
Nice Commercial, all they need to do know is make good Phones!
65. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 348; Member since: 07 May 2012)
they alwasy make good phones,microsoft just need to improve the functionality of the os to catch up with other os's.
eg. usb on the go(OTG), hdmi/mhl out, true multi tasking etc
74. downphoenix (Posts: 2382; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
It was pretty awesome, loved the part with the Apple fanboy ripping his shirt showing his apple tattoo :)
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5922; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I have to agree with Nokia taking the high road. Much better than the botched release of the L920 with the faked camera pics....
5. mew7946510 (Posts: 55; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
Don't say that. There are still some who to be "unique". But seriously, Microsoft needs to double time with their work on Windows Phone.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You will be "sued" by the Nokia fans for saying that! :P
10. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Seems like you are asking for a gang rape by windows phone fans.
12. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
i have it and i switched from android and soo many people i know are waiting for the next lumia flagship that will have a 10080p screen and a quad core processor ( snapdragon 800 or atleast 600 ) and a camera between 12 mp to 18 mp With OIS AND THOSE PEOPLE HAVE ANDROID AND IOS DEVICES
38. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
But Wp8 users and fans don't need these Android specs on there Nokia device! it runs smooth even on 512Ram, so now they want Androids specs™
How such in denial all those®
53. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
We need those to shut trolls up such as you because you\they say WP doesn't support 1080p screens , 2gb ram or quad core processors before MS announced that they will bring support for those stuff to WP and you will seeee !!!
and by the way those specs are not made by android (google) they are made by companies such as LG , SNAPDRAGON and the camera is made by Carl Zeiss and Nokia soo No its not Android specs
54. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's first to Android, 2nd to Apple, and least not but very last to Nokia Wp™
Till now it dosen't support it, and also Nokia never believes in high specs®
60. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
the lumia 920 beats all android cameras hands down even though the s4 has a 13 mp camera and a quad/octa processor the lumia 920 camera is still better and the lumia 920 runs smoother and faster than the s4 with a dual core processor
imagine it with a quad core snapdragon 600 or 800 :)
62. Whateverman (Posts: 3231; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Gotta disagree with you there. There was a comparison done recently and both the HTC One and the GS4 produced better pics than the 920. Granted there were a few situations where the 920 did have better shots, but overall those two devices were better.
55. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You don't need those specs, go enjoy last years specs™
59. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
yup last years specs on wp runs much better than this years specs on android and ios :)
37. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No one, hardly i've seen any one with a handset™
45. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
In India, you can see many people using Nokia Lumias, if you don't know anything, don't comment.
And seems like you are also asking for a gang rape by Windows Phone fans.
TROLL, go poop yourself™
47. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
But Nokia is known good in Asia, not in Europe™
I've never seen any one with Lumia phones, very rare™
Apple, Samsung, Sony Htc are commonly seen, not Nokia™
48. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Soon, you will see many people using Lumia's in Europe, you'll see.......
Who knows the future?
50. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I don't think so, Nokia coming back, a dream come true™
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7180; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yes, it's certainly the high road to wave around the results of a rigged contest as a reason you should buy their phone.
21. Sniggly (Posts: 7180; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
As with before, thumbing me down doesn't erase the truth. Just keep an eye on Microsoft and Ben Rudolph's Twitter feed next time Laptop or some other online site posts a poll about which phones are best. Smartphone Madness was a particularly egregious example, with all of the finalists somehow being Windows Phones. Impossible result without the incessant plugging from MS and their ilk.
39. -box- (Posts: 3866; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
They may or.may not be rigged, but if we're fair, Microsoft isn't the first -nor will it be the last- to have seemingly or actually rigged results. Iphones were having that (dis)honor not long ago, as do apple computers, Ferrari does it for comparisons for magazines and automotive TV/internet shows, as has gm and Toyota on occasion off the top of my head, Ford loses ratings because its customers can't figure out how to use a touchscreen interface, etc etc etc
7. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
From 10 people to 40 have look up the 920
Here come the thumbs downs, it was worth it
16. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol the ad is really all over the FAcebook like wildfire joke
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Thanks for the funny ad, Microsoft! My next phone will definitely be Nokia Lumia! Weeeee......!! ;)
11. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
It was a very clever, fun and entertaining ad, I'm glad it's done the job at popularizing the 920. Finally Microsoft have pulled it off with a successful advertisement! Finally!
18. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
no doubt MS makes ads more catcy first ad of surface pro was also very awsome
19. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Yeah but the whole "Scroogled" campaign is just plain weird, dumb and childish. Microsoft should really as a whole make smarter advertisements. Like Apple and Samsung.
25. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lts more like a war now they makes ads to bash more and less marketing only first few product ads are for marketing i guess and they all go in that equally
26. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
That's what I love about Apple's marketing, they mainly "talk" about themselves. All their marketing is based solely around them. Compared to Microsoft and Samsung who make many advertisements attacking Apple and others. In Apple advertisements you see no other phone but the iPhone which puts emphasis on the product. In this Windows advertisement you're more distracted by the populous amount of iPhone and Samsung owners.
27. Sniggly (Posts: 7180; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yeah except for with Apple they act like they're the only ones who ever made a goddamn smartphone, which is disingenuous in of itself.
29. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Yes, it may sound cockey and get on everyone's nerves, but it works. That's all marketing and advertising need to do, work well.
40. -box- (Posts: 3866; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
@timmehor: the initial Surface and Windows Phone 8 ads, and the current Outloo ads, only showed the devices with no comparisons. This ad, apparently, is more effective.
49. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
this ad is exactly what reality is its just nokia highlighted it and this kind of people behavious is terrible
51. roscuthiii (Posts: 1863; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
You're forgetting Apple's "Mac & PC" ads... Apple built up a lot of their current brand recognition by trouncing on pc's (users).
15. tedkord (Posts: 5130; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Much better ad than those awful dancing Surface ads. It was really funny. Still didn't make me want a WP phone.
17. NightFelix (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
Well, all OS have their own unique feature, and also their own pros and cons as well, I think sooner or later, in future there will be a phone comes with dual boot to Android and Windows. Don't fight, Don't switch, why not having both? Ops, did I left out iOS?
20. voxmarc (Posts: 318; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Great Advert!!! it show the real situation where everyone own Samsung and Apple while the few are into windows.....hahahaha
22. BigBoss10 (Posts: 232; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! ANGRY BIRDS xD
24. shuaibhere (Posts: 1660; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
What is microsoft is coming to say???
I have seen fair share of wp trolls who fight with others...
Trolls are in every camp..but the fact is wp camp is very small...
according to this logic if wp became famous..switch to another OS...
31. saffant (Posts: 229; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
I'm sorry, but no swype/swiftkey = no deal PERIOD.
41. -box- (Posts: 3866; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Have you tried WP's keyboard? It is excellent. My sole complaint with it is that it doesn't stretch wider when the screen is in landscape mode