Scroogled! Microsoft hits Google below the belt again
0. phoneArena 27 Nov 2013, 07:05 posted on
Yesterday we showed you the latest ad for the Surface 2, one of Microsoft's latest tablets, which bashed the Apple iPad for lacking several useful key features. Apparently, the Redmond giant's strategy to make cheap shots about the competition is not at all over yet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jacko1977 (Posts: 422; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
microsoft cant sit back and play the nice guy they do the exact same thing
22. Finalflash (Posts: 2095; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
lol but no ones buying it though (literally and figuratively). They want to make the guy they're trying to copy look bad and people aren't really falling for that. They have a history of BS to make up for and ads about their competition instead of their own products won't help. This does nothing but teach people about a chromebook, even though it's bad stuff. The MS stuff mentioned is just white noise as far as the ad is concerned.
25. kanagadeepan (Posts: 760; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Gotta agree with M$ when they bashed iPad
4. gustavoace (Posts: 122; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
"It's not a laptop, it doesn't have Windows"... Fail logic is fail.
5. DFranch (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
It worked for Apple with the PC vs Mac ads. Ther centered around PC bashing, with no regard for the truth, and that worked out pretty well for them.
11. bucky (Posts: 1899; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
This is much worse and often quite a failure.
13. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1304; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
But this kind of advertising only works when you are the small guy and the other the big one (everyone loves when the winner is being bashed)
In this case I think they are only giving free publicity to the chromebooks.
32. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 872; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
These are 10 times worse because they are misleading and lies. That's like saying Windows 8 isn't a real operating system because It turns your computer into a glorified tablet.
Most people don't even know what a chromebook is and are going to look into because of these ads and just open up more sells for it.
48. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
The Mac vs. PC ads lied too. Macs _can't_ get viruses, huh? Yeah, no. They totally can.
The difference is that everyone had a PC when those ads came out, and few had Macs. Microsoft has something like 80% of the market and is going after probably 5%.
51. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 872; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
My reply to all those MAC users is I'm going to send you an email right now. Open it and prove me wrong. So far I've had no takers.
6. nokia12 (Posts: 450; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
lol ha ha they casted pawn stars for this ad
where is chumlee ? playing ninja in the backstore and breaking microsoft products lol..
7. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
haha great ad... that was pretty funny. shame on Google
29. rabidhunter (Posts: 90; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
Shame on you for believing that Microsoft is any better.
8. muser793 (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
nice 1 ! :D why would anyone buy this thing instead of windows laptops or tablets ?! it's just useless, with or without wifi :/
14. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Well, from the bunch of people i know that use them and are extremely happy with them. Price is a big reason, start up and shut down time is 5 seconds max, not 15 minute waiting for Windows to start, doesn't slow down over time, no viruses, simple and easy to use (my mother figured it out all by herself....kinda brought a tear to my eye lol). Really, Chomebooks are only good for people who only browse the net and check email, or students on a budget, since you have google docs. I'll be getting one as a work computer so i dont have to turn on my Vaio to do simple things.
47. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Um, I don't know, because it's 2013 and literally anything can be done using web apps. And I don't know what the shots are about wi-fi; again, welcome to 2013, where the Internet is everywhere.
12. Mass88 (Posts: 50; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
Microsoft has been on a roll as of late with desperate and lame ads. Keep them coming. Everyone can use a few laughs at their expense.
15. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
LOL, they don't even have the IQ or trust yours to be properly sarcastic without spelling out the product they are mocking... I doubt that many ppl. know about Chromebooks, but if MS keeps on with it's smear campaign (like the way Apple announces every new Galaxy as part of their lawsuit), millions will go into the stores out of curiosity and pick up one. Samsung's still doing it best, we know, you know what we're making fun of, but won't give Them free advertisement, will we? :)
28. iampayne (Posts: 318; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
THIS!!! MS still completely dominates the PC/Desktop OS space. There is no reason for them to attack the Chromebook which if Im correct hasn't even passed Linux marketshare. This is just free advertising for Google.
17. Tekkasonic (Posts: 11; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
HA, this is so stupid, 1st off im willing to bet they use google products, I know they do on their site gspawn.com because there is google +1 everywhere, and even in their bio spot the icon next to each of their name is the picasa logo -_-, shame shame
18. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Half complete projects need over selling.
A competent piece can do without the low waisted jabs.
19. taikucing (unregistered)
lol, scroogle campaign in youtube? That shows how poor M$ is
23. Donkorvleone (Posts: 18; Member since: 30 May 2013)
The absolute best commercial I have ever seen!
24. Augustine (Posts: 896; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
As Lenin said, accuse your opponents of doing what you yourself do.
27. blazee (Posts: 348; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
I saw them advertise windows phones and skype, made it look like they all own one lol but if you watch the show now(even after this paid commercial) they all use iphones
30. rabidhunter (Posts: 90; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
The next time I'm in the market for a laptop, Chromebook it is. Window's 8 is horrible, Microsoft in general has gone downhill. This desperate attempt to stay relevent is only hurting them more than helping.
And really, who goes to a pawn shop for tech advice? Really?
31. Username. (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Microsoft stop being jealous.
You're Wp and Xbox are both a fail.
All the Linux users and open source users dont like MS.
So cause you are failing every-where else, and your PC apps are only doing great, rest is failing.
37. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Typical Android troll comments.
WP and Xbox are both a very nice products. After used that cool kinect system with voice commands, I don't need any other consoles. Besides WP beats that "another row of icons from -90" anyday.
41. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
XBOX a fail?!!! I've heard some outlandish things on hear, but that one takes the cake I think.
And I am an Android user, for the record Altair.
34. Taters (Posts: 4298; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I agree, Chromebooks are more useless than Windows RT. However, Windows RT is pretty useless too.
36. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Actually, Windows 8.1 (an old RT) is quite good, as is Pro 8.1.
38. seanwhat (Posts: 247; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
what a crap company microsoft has become.
39. lyndon420 (Posts: 2699; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Yeah ok. Like anyone uses a computer without an internet connection these days. Reach a little harder ms...you still suck...and you always will.
46. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
And Drive and Gmail have offline capabilities.
That's what happens when you have browsers with modern features.
40. Stuntman (Posts: 827; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
This ad brought more attention to the Google Chromebook. I think more people have heard about the Chromebook now than they did before the MS ad.
43. mattkl (Posts: 192; Member since: 01 Feb 2010)
I love Microsoft personally, but this just shows what level you have to stoop to when you are scared and backed into a corner.
44. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Kids who grew up playing solitaire on PC are retiring.. Good luck M$. Keep trying .. Better luck next time!
45. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
My Windows 7 install has been un-installing and re-installing the same updates for two months. It causes a massive hangup at startup and shutdown, and is a huge security risk. Chromebooks update transparently in the background.
But Chromebooks aren't real computers.
52. flamencoguy (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
If all you want is to access everything via browsers then this is fine. This was not intended for AutoCad
49. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
This really is just free advertising for the Chromebooks... maybe that's the MS plan. It works... people buy a Windows device. It doesn't work... people have now looked into a Chromebook and opt for that.
What they didn't opt for was an Apple device. Yeah MS, I'm on to your nefarious plot. ;-P
50. philfoster (Posts: 34; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
Google's Android still better than win 8/rt/wp 8