Screenshots show blue Motorola DROID RAZR with release expected May 17th
0. phoneArena 06 May 2012, 13:59 posted on
Android Central obtained a pair of screenshots showing a blue colored Motorola DROID RAZR along with information that the latest addition to the Motorola DROID RAZR rainbow will hit the market on May 17th, no doubt priced at $99.99 with a signed two-year pact...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Motorola has a pretty good thing going with the Razrs. they have the Razr for the style conscious, the MAXX for the battery conscious and soon the HD for a complete refresh and the spec and monster screen size conscious.
2. BattleBrat (Posts: 1251; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Yep, I paid $300 for my RAZR 1 on Nov 9th, WORTH EVERY PENNY!
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
imagine how i feel about my Razr that costed me nothing in the end. not even a contract extension. i'm a year in now. ;)
6. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i bought it outright on craigslist and buried the price by selling my previous phone. i eventually replaced it with a certified like new replacement too.
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the phone i bought wasn't in great shape so i just griped to customer support about the touch screen becoming inactive randomly which didn't really bother me much because locking and unlocking the phone would fix it but i felt like getting a fresh unit.
13. Phylthy101 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 May 2012)
How are you a year in with a device thats not even a year old???
38. pathmarkpolice (Posts: 102; Member since: 05 Feb 2009)
Craigslist has been my best friend. I've been trying out new phones every 4 months by selling or trading phones on Craigslist with people. It's awesome. You pay a little more up front, but save a hell of a lot of money, especially if you're with a prepaid carrier like Simple Mobile or Straight Talk. I'll never sign another contract again.
11. Phylthy101 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 May 2012)
How are you a year in with a device thats not even a year old???
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the device and the contract are separate. i used an upgrade on the Droid 3 and by a series of trades i ended up with a Razr.
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Ok I'm very jealous of Verizon getting all the RAZRS with it's nifty colors only for that carrier. HOW BOUT RELEASING RAZRS for others? Still want one but I'm stuck on AT&T.
26. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
The RAZRS are only on Verizon because they are DROIDS and DROID is a Verizon only brand.
32. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
If Motorola is smart, they would release the Razr as something else for the other carriers. Maybe even keep the name Razr, because I love mine. This is a bad a$$ phone, one that could pull them out of the red. But I have to be honest, I don't feel too bad about having an exclusive phone with VZW because what I originally wanted was the Note. This will hold me over until the Journal, Note 2 or whatever comes out. VZW better get us a 5.3 incher, or I'm walking!
7. xmusicianguy (Posts: 96; Member since: 13 Jul 2011)
I have a Bionic and Razr Maxx. Have 4G LTE in my (small) city. I can leave 4G on with the Maxx all day. The Bionic on 4G goes dead in 3+/- hours. The Razr (standard) has just a few more mAhs on the battery. So I wish Motorola would drop the Razr it's crazy! The Maxx is the only way to go!
10. BattleBrat (Posts: 1251; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
My RAZR 1 usually lasts 2-2.5 days, I just pulled it off the charger, it had been running for 2 days 2 hours (50 Hours) Once and a while it lasts 3 days ( http://i496.photobucket.com/al
bums/rr325/BattleBrat/DSC05056)I'm not the only one either. .jpg
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i find those battery pages to be full of it. mine has similar stats but it doesn't last nearly that long. i use mine heavily and it makes it through the day but barely.
17. BattleBrat (Posts: 1251; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I assure you, It was 3 days, happens once and a while. Juice defender ultimate, don't go cheap, use ultimate. My Archos G9 101 Tablet running ICS lasts a week! Keep in mind, I also carry a 64GB 4th gen iTouch, so it takes some workload off the phone, but when out and about, the phone handles the music. The iTouch is mostly for games.....
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i just installed it. i have half a charge left. let's see how it does. o:
9. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
the blue looks cool, id rather have the white one.
i think more compnaies should release a better selection of colors for higher end phones.
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, i want a white one myself. i may get my black one replaced with one eventually. o:
19. BattleBrat (Posts: 1251; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I keep mine in an Otterbox Commuter, I wouldn't be able to tell what color it was anyway :D
21. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i used to keep mine in a Speck Fitted case but the fabric got stained and my OCD wouldn't allow it so after many attempts to clean it with traditonal methods i tried to pressure wash it and it ruined it. i like it better without the case though so i'll keep it bare. replacements are just a minor inconvenience anyway. xD
22. BattleBrat (Posts: 1251; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I don't like that whole replacement attitude, it started with apple, where your music just happened to be on a device, oh, your ipods screen cracked cause you dropped it? don't worry, we'll just copy it and load it on new one for you, like it is just a husk for your music, made it feel cheap. I liked it when a device was YOURS, it was unique to me, like my Walkman X. I got the OG Droid back in the day, I still have it THE SAME PHONE. I use it as an alarm clock (That thing is pretty loud for a phone.) I plan on keeping my RAZR as well.
23. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
sorry, i'm just not that sentimental about things.
24. BattleBrat (Posts: 1251; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
It's not about sentiment, its about something being so easily replaced like that, it makes it feel cheap...
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
on the contrary, it's satasfying to know that they value my satasfaction enough to just throw nice phones like the Razr at me. it doesn't really detract from the phone at all for me.
27. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
How would you be able to do that? Because I was thinking about exchanging my DROID 4 for a DROID RAZR. At the time I bought it I wanted a physical keyboard, but now that I tried typing on the screen I am willing to sacrifice the keyboard for a better screen and a thinner phone. Btw I got it two months ago if that helps and it’s in perfect condition.
28. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it might be possible if you get enough Droid 4 exchanges but they wouldn't want to because the Razr is still regarded as a flagship device. i'd be happy with the Droid 4 though. there's times that i almost decide to trade my own Razr for one. o:
30. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I am, I just realized I don't need the physical keyboard. I've always had one and I now believe can sacrifice it for a larger screen and thinner phone. Don't get me wrong it's a great phone, but if you don't need the physical keyboard the DROID RAZR is better.
34. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, the build quality and the SAA display is what ultimately made me go for the Razr but i tell you what after coming from the Droid 3 which has a similarly amazing keyboard there's been many times that i longed for my keyboard. i still think about getting the Droid 4 from time to time. o:
36. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Well I love my phone, I just feel like I can now live without the keyboard. I guess that the ability to actually choose your phone has its drawbacks haha. But I still would rather have the choice. And I know that feeling. I still think about getting the DROID RAZR.
39. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
if i get the razr, im rockin it without the case. f that. kevlar and gorilla glass? deal. im very good with my phones and ive never broke one, so i tend to buy cases only to take them off three weeks later. and how can you say phones feel cheap? manufactuers are doing everything possible to make these things as indestructible as possible. more and more phones are being made with gorilla glass which is shatter proof up to 12.5ft i believe. and kevlar can stop a bullet. lol not that all phones have kevlar, but hey it only takes one to start a trend.
41. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
he doesn't mean the phone itself he means the idea of just getting a phone replaced all the time makes the phone SEEM cheap.
29. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Hello Moto have no money to design and build a new phone so changing colors is a last chance for 2012.
31. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Learn proper grammer and have you heard of this thing Motorola is making called the "DROID Fighter."http://www.phonearena.com/phon
35. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, the Droid Fighter or Droid Razr MAXX HD (which i think is probably gonna be the sticking name) will be pretty beastly and will be the only real comparable phone to the GSIII if it comes out soon enough which i'm sure it will.
33. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I'm sorry to say this, but that was kind of stupid. Of course they have money. As mas11 said, the Droid Fighter is coming out, along with some other devices being released throughout the year we probably don't know about
40. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
you clearly know nothing, about anything. this includes grammar and the cell phone industry. noob.
37. tetote1180 (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Sucks for the employee who sent this picture in .. Not sure if he noticed but there's a watermark on the date.. Traceable to the employee.. This was put in place couple months ago.. "/