Screenshots of KitKat are unwrapped, show UI changes on dialer, messaging page and more
0. phoneArena 22 Sep 2013, 16:34 posted on
Nowadays, the mere glance at a KitKat wrapper is enough for the typical smartphone fanatic to immediately think about the Android OS and build 4.4. What we have for you here is much better than just the wrapper of a KitKat. What we have below for you to stare at are a few screenshots of the KitKat build of Android which includes images of the new dialer, messaging page and more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Hmmm, not sure on how I feel about that Messaging Screen. The Dialer reminds me of iOS too.
14. D.Aceveda (Posts: 377; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
This was already reported as being fake. I guess Alan F was to stupid to research something before posting it. God bless Journalism
22. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
this looks like theme to be released for Paranoid android
31. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9727; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm liking the new Ray but the new Alan?
I'll stop right there before I get a warning in my Gmail inbox.
2. Rydsmith (Posts: 320; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Google. Y u no merge Hangouts and Messaging! =(
28. rihel_95 (Posts: 279; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Yeah. I too need a unified messenger app, also supporting FB chat(though Google won't do). Anyways, Would be very happy if Messing and G+ united together!
3. ltavaress (Posts: 14; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
The dialer makes me wanna die... AWFUL! The rest is pretty...
4. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Figured i would come in here and see complaints. Remember this is android. Don't like it change it. No rooting required most of the time. There are no excuses! This isn't ios.
12. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1142; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
So a change in background color to white,makes it a copy from apple???
35. Tsoliades (Posts: 216; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
Even if this was true, let's take a second to remember iOS 7 and all its new Android features.
6. Finalflash (Posts: 2100; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Meh, doesn't matter since its more about functionality than design change. We could always change the dialer and everything else with it. What matters is what new apis and features they have made available. That and the internal speed and stability advancements.
9. TechBlue (Posts: 62; Member since: 06 May 2010)
I agree we can use other themes. but the white background is just awful on the eyes
7. deathgod (Posts: 122; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Argh! I'm not understanding the shift from black bagrounds to white. Black backgrounds don't hurt either LCD's or Amoled, while white backgrounds waste more power on Amoled. Considering number of Android phones with amoled's you'd think google would take this into consideration.
36. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
I think its a darker shade of.white like the one used on play store
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9727; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Hours and hours later...
Nonetheless, I'm rocking 4.3 with a Carbon ROM and can't wait to rock 4.4 on my Note 3 a week after Google pushes the update. :)
25. tedkord (Posts: 6830; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I had a few issues with Carbon. Right now in using SlimBean weekly 1.2. It's pretty damned smooth. GS3, BTW.
30. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9727; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Running Carbon JB Nightly 09222013. It runs buttery smooth and it's 4.3, but System UI keeps crashing. Waiting for the stable build. Definitely loving the active notification system that's on the Moto X.
10. jos_031 (Posts: 54; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
I do not care much about UI change alone... what core changes are there.. that is important...If only change in UI== fail
11. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
White back grounds in dialer and other areas is just plain awful, it is not only a copy of Apples new look, it is blinding at night to use.
Not impressed with this change.
18. Pancholo (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
And we all know Apple was the first dude in the block with white backgrounds for everything.
13. PootisMan (Posts: 223; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Looks nice, but is this legit or just a custom rom installed a top android.
16. SilverSurfer85 (Posts: 28; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
This looks pretty similiar to the lasst Ui that android had put out.. -_-
17. Samir_Maric (Posts: 75; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
Finally Google changes the dialer style, ICS to JB 4.3 looks similar but this is colorful:)
19. -box- (Posts: 3964; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Thought we'd see more red and brown with the Kit Kat theme. The first couple screens look somewhat childish, sadly, especially in comparison to recent somewhat professional-looking android iterations.
20. xtroid2k (Posts: 505; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
Great everybody is trying to be like everybody. I'm just gonna get out my old flip phone rockin that brew sh*t lol.
21. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Am I the only that thinks it looks kinda nice? I'm sure it's fake, but it's pretty reminiscent of Google Now and Google+. I'd love to see Google merge the look of those apps with the operating system.
26. Sniggly (Posts: 7253; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
*shrugs* I'm just waiting for the official release before I make any judgement.
27. JMartin22 (Posts: 1583; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
It doesn't look that different. I guess that's expecting too much from an iterative version update. I hope Android 5 series brings about a complete UI overhaul. The halo theme of ICS is seriously looking dated and boring now. It's also been a bad layout for navigating through the phone's OS quickly, in comparison to OEM skins like TouchWiz.
33. poping (unregistered)
blech... pass on this one... pls release 5.0 asap...